Chapter 3

Let Me Love You

“Ms. Moon did you forget our last conversation we had. I told you to be careful byul. You’re very lucky if it would have been a harder hit, I don’t know what could have happened. You need to be more careful.” Her doctor stating the facts, but the woman just seemed to not listen.

 

“Are you listening ms. moon? Anyways we need yearly check ups. Don’t forget.” Byul pulled her attention back and nodded at the doctor. The doctor walked out of the room shaking his head.

 

“Byul are you okay? Tell me what happened we’ll press charges. I want to know who did this to you.” So hee and her dad both exclaimed. They felt uneasy about this situation.

 

Looking down she slightly shook her head arrogantly.. “Can you just give me peace and quiet for right now.” Byul closed her eyes ignoring her parents comments. Life just doesn’t want to be easy for the girl. Mumbling to herself, “Geez everyone is so annoying.”

--------

It has been a day since byul had been at school. “Solar! You wanna go see byul with me” Wheein elbowed her. “Please! Hwasa can’t go with me. Hmmm…? Come on?” Wheein whined holding her unnie’s hand jumping up and down.

 

“No. I don’t want to go.” Solar took off wheein hand. “Ahhahahhh!! Please solar, don’t be such a baby!” Wheein still jumping whining. “Please, I never ask you anything. Maybe you don’t want to go is because you’re scared.” Trying to convince her unnie to go.

 

“No! I’m not scared. It’s just uncomfortable.” She stopped walking facing the younger girl. “Fine i’ll go myelf you scaredy cat! You’re just scared to face your fears!” Sticking out her tongue running away from solar. Running after the childish girl she yelled out “Yah! I’m not scared!” Catching up to her she yanked her shirt pulling her back. “OKAY! I’ll go with you just to prove to you.” Catching her breath.

 

After school they took the bus arriving at Jeong Ju Hospital. Walking in, all they saw were injured people and people in white coats walking around. “Excuse me. Can you tell me which room Moonbyul is in.” The lady typed into the computer finding the patient. “Ahh.. i’m sorry. You just missed her, she was discharged 30 minutes ago.”

 

The two were lightweight upset because they spent all their time getting there. “See, we shouldn’t have came. Now you can’t call me a scaredy cat now.” Solar explaining to wheein. “Okok. Fine you faced your fears, kind of.” She joked. The two turned around heading for the door making it home just before midnight.

------

Two days has passed since the accident and it was time to go back to school. The day before leaving the hospital they took off her stitches and her bandages. She was fine, but her head was just a bit swollen. Byul woke up getting ready for school.

 

Entering school, the kingdom of drama everyone turned and looked at her. “Here we go again” Mumbling in her head. When she got to the classroom she sat down pulling out some snacks out of her bag.

 

“Byul!!! You’re back! I missed you so much!” Wheein, the loud girl yelled out. LAughing like a maniac. “How’s your head does it hurt?” poking it where the stitches used to be. “Did you know that me and solar came to see you but you left already, we didn’t get much sleep thanks to you.” Joking putting her arm around byul.

 

Hearing solar’s nams still made her uncomfortable, and solar coming to see her was out of the ordinary. “Maybe she wanted to say something to me” Thinking in her head, shaking her head believing that wouldn’t be possible.

 

Mentioning solar’s name she remembered about the talent show they had, she needed to do it because if she didn’t do it she would not be graduating. Wheein and byul talked laughing making her forget about everything.

 

Here solar came, walking into the room. Byul ignored the girl unlike others who just adored her for her baby look. “Solar!! Look who’s back!” Wheein shouted across the room. Wheein got up and dragged the girl into her seat huddling them up in a group. “Guys let’s hang out and go karaokeing since byul is back what do yo say?” Hwasa agreed, but byul and solar were unsure.

 

“Come on solar! It won't be fun without you.” Wheein begged to solar tugging her arm. “Ok, I guess.” The younger girl shouted in excitement as solar agreed. Meanwhile the older girl thought, it was going to be uncomfortable.

 

“Come on byul! Please say that you will go! I even got a little sleep because of you yesterday. Please byul!” The hamster looked around as all three of their eyes were on her. “Okay! I’ll go with you guys.”

 

As the day went on with no eye contact between the two of them, there was just awkward tension. The last bell rang and school was over with for the day. “Finally! The day is over!” The baby faced girl shouted. As she began to open her eyes she saw a shadow from behind her that tapped her shoulder. “Solar...can we talk.” The tension was building in the room, solar agreed to talk to the byul. “Listen, I heard you came to see me the other day, thank you.”

 

“No… It’s no big deal I mean wheein practically begged me to...g..” A hug that pulled her body towards the other girl shocked her. “I’m sorry, I was a little overboard the other day, I want to apologize for my actions.” She pulled out of the hug looking into the older girl's eyes for the first time.

 

“I couldn’t hold it in you know. But i’m sorry for venting all my anger out on you I didn’t mean that.” She said putting her head down. Left speechless, solar accepted her apology. “Okay!” Smiling to the younger girl. “Let’s start over then?” Taking byul by surprise.

 

Sticking out her hand toward the sad looking girl. “I am Kim Yongsun or Solar. Let’s be friends. Us.” Accepting the handshake, “I’m moonbyul, okay, let’s be friends. Both smiled laughing at the exchange of names.

 

“Can we meet here again tomorrow. Let’s talk about our song we have to sing.” Byul insisted as yongsun smiled nodding her head. “Okay, i’ll see you tomorrow then.” Smiling as the atmosphere got quiet.

-------

 

Walking into class she saw the ice princess Solar sitting at her desk with her earphones writing her notes for the day. A tall girl nudged the busy girl dragging her attention away from her work. “Annyeong solar.” Byul smiled waving her hand in her face. Yongsun took off her earphones smiling, waving back at the girl.

 

“WHOA!!! Did we miss out on something yesterday?” Wheein barging in. “Did something happen yesterday? Are you guys dating!” The loud girl shouting and laughing in their face. “No! We aren’t dating wheein. You exaggerate too much. Right Hyejin!” Solar insisted shifting the eyes to hyejin.

 

“Why are you guys bringing me into this conversation. It’s you two personal lives I don’t know.” Wheein winked at her believing the two had a thing. “Well even if you guys aren’t dating. You two look good together.” She elbowed byul in the stomach who zoned out. “Huh?”

 

“Yes or no? Pick?” Wheein demanded making byul look into her eyes not at the other two. Byul tried to look at the two for a hint but she couldn’t budge. “Ahh.. Yes..” Picking the wrong answer, wheein felt she had a victory. “Wait tell me what you guys are talking about.” Solar turned red like a cherry tomato, while hwasa put her palm on her face shaking her head.

 

“Did I do something wrong?” The lost girl questioned. “No, you’re doing great.” Patting byul on the back. “Hey don’t forget tonight at 9 at the karaoke place!” Leaving to be seated. Byul looked at solar still trying to get a clue from what just happened, solar didn’t explain a word.

 

As the day ended the two stayed behind class beginning their song project. “So what kind of songs do you like?” Byul questioned. “I can sing anything, so it doesn’t matter to me.” The girl nodded her head amused. As they searched they cut it down to two songs they could sing.

 

“Do want to sing Moon and Sunrise or Like yesterday?” The younger girl suggested. “Hmm.. I don’t know I like both.” They both took a step back seeing trying to harmonize for both of the songs. Turns out they chose Like yesterday since it suits both of their voices.

 

“I guess Like yesterday will be our song then. We are performing this a week from now so let's get started.” The two began their harmonizing their tempos and rhythm. Since this song was byul’s school grade she wrote a rap to the song.

 

Before they knew it, it was 8. They had lost track of time, they had to rush to the karaoke place which was 45 minutes away by walking. They packed and left out the the front.

 

“What are we going to do. If we’re late wheein is going to kill us.” Solar panicked unsure of what to do next. Unknowingly byul pulled up on her bike next to her. “Get on Solar.” She was uncomfortable with the idea. “I think i’m too heavy for you…” Byul shook her head.

 

“Look are you going to get on or what. I don’t think we have another choice” They girl said. The older girl got on slowly and uncomfortably and started to ride the bike to the place. Wind was blowing in their face, as the city lights shined on them.

 

“You hold my stomach. If you fall off i’m not going to be responsible.” Awkwardly she put her hands around holding onto byul. She laid her head on her back listening to her heartbeat with her eyes closed.

 

“We are here. Solar?” Checking on the girl behind her she noticed she fell asleep. She held her head leaning it on her shoulder as they waited for the others to come. 20 minutes had passed and the 2 still hadn’t shown up. She grabbed her phone looking at her text.

 

*4 missed calls*

*6 text messages*

*2 hours ago*

 

“Byul answer your phone! I can't make it anymore something came up. I’m sorry.”

 

“Ahh this girl man!” She glanced on her left, the girl was still sleeping. “She must be a deep sleeper” She thought. Nudging the girl to wake up to show her directions to her home she still wouldn’t get up.

 

She biked home carrying the girl inside her room laying her on her bed. “What kind of girl sleeps this deep.” Walking through her house she noticed a note on her fridge. “Byul, we are going to be gone for 2 days. There is some food and stuff for you to cook. We’ll be back.”

 

She tore the note off throwing it in the garbage. Getting a water bottle she walked back to the room staring at the girl in her bed. She reached for her unnie’s face moving the hair away from her face. She got startled as the girl moved.

 

Byul noticed the girl was pale and sweating. She put her hand on her forehead checking her temperature and she was burning hot. Byul ran and got a cold cloth compressing it against her head. She took some meds and gave it to the unconscious girl.

 

Staying up practically for the night taking care of the sick girl. Her eyes suddenly started to shut on her, trying to stay awake. She fell asleep next to the girl.


---------------------

Dang it's been awhile since my last update, but i'll try to update every 2 days.

I didn't even know how to write this chapter it was kind of hard, so if it doesn't sound good i undersatnd, I wrte this in like 2 hours. My brain hurts lol. I

didn't even do my homework.

Should this story be long or short?

I'll make it shorter if the story seems to be going really slow paced.

Anyways hoped you liked it.