beginning

Let Me Love You

It was a sunday. My family and I were driving up to seoul for vacation. We were having an amazing family vacation, but all of that changed when a car hit us. I barely remember anything, all I remember when I was already in the hospital.

 

“Solar please stay awake, you’re in the hospital right now. We had to put some stitches on your head, there is a big cut. You also broke your arm, I know you’re in pain right now but please don't move. Please stay with me! Solar! Doctor she’s losing too much blood we need to hurry!”

 

--

 

“Mom stop smoking, you’re driving.”

 

“Mind your own business byul, you’re just like your father. I’ll make you leave just like how he left us.”

 

“Okay that’s even better I’ll leave when we get home! I don’t need you to take care of me, I can take care of myself how I always have.”

 

“You shut up! If I hadn’t had you my life wouldn’t had ended up like this!”

 

“You should have just aborted me then”

 

As byul’s mom was yelling at her she accidentally dropped her cigarette and bent down to pick it up.

 

“Mom! Watch out!”

 

Byul’s mom looked back up but it was too late. They hit a car then swerved and hit the pole. Byul couldn’t remember much, all she remembered was the firefighters trying to get her out of her car.

 

“Dispatch 27. We need to get this kid out of the car, it’s going to blow soon!”

 

Firefighters were trying to find out ways to get byul of the car. T/hey tried talking to her, but she couldn’t move. She looked over her shoulder to her mom, but she wasn’t there. As the firefighters were working the pulled off the passenger door and pulled byul out just in time before the car went up in flames.

 

They put her into a gurney. As they were setting her up into the ambulance she saw 4 body bags. The officers were zipping them up. One of them had a purple bracelet on, that was when byul knew her mother had died.

 

As byul arrived to the hospital they told her she had 3 broken ribs, and a hemorrhage in her head. So they needed to take her in for surgery.

 

When byul had woken up, a girl had opened the door crying. She went to go lay back down on her bed.

 

*Knock Knock*

 

“Hello, i’m both of your doctor. My name is Dr. Jung, I expect you guys both remembered what happened two days ago. Sorry to tell you this but, only you two survived that day. This is the only room I had left so, you both have to share, but you both won’t be getting your own room. We are sort of packed Sorry.”

 

As the doctor walked out byul glanced at the girl next to her. She felt sorry for what had happened, she knew it was her mom’s fault that her family died. She also regretted what she said to her mom before she died.

 

“Hello again you two today is your lucky day. Both of you will be discharged. Byul we have to give you another CT scan before you leave, and your dad and he’s going to pick you up later today. Solar we have to take off your stitches before you leave and we called your grandparents and they will be picking you up shortly. I am both sorry for your losses.”

 

The doctor walked out and Solar began to tear up. That was the last time byul and solar saw each other.

--

 

“Byul it’s been a long time since we’ve last talk to each other. When we get home i’ll make you something to eat, I set a room up for you. Maybe we can hang out like we used to?”

 

Byul looked at her dad with disgrace.

 

“No, don’t worry about me. It’s been 10 years since you left, i’ll take care of myself like I always have. I’m not a kid anymore so, you don’t have to act like that.”

 

“I’m sorry byul that things ended up that way.”

 

When they arrived to her dad's house, he took out her luggage for her since she was on crutches.

 

“We’re here. I know this isn’t like Seoul but, I know you’ll like it.”

 

Byul walked in hearing a lot of noise in the kitchen. A woman stepped out and greeted byul making her tons of food. Byul looked at the woman in surprise. Then two little kids popped out of nowhere.

 

“Annyeong byul, i’m So Hee your father's wife and these are our two kids. Joong Ki is the oldest and Sarang the youngest. Come eat I cooked a lot because I didn’t know what you would like.”

 

Byul greeted her father's new wife, and then bent down and greeted the two children.

 

“Hi, i’m Byul.”

 

As byul got back up she headed toward the table. She told the whole crowd to come eat with her. She thanked So Hee for being very kind. She apologized for barging in, even though byul was a bit angry with her father she believed she didn’t have to be disrespectful toward his family.

 

After byul was done eating she went to her room to go relax.

 

*Knock Knock*

 

“Byul thank you for being nice, I really appreciate it. My two kids really enjoy your company.”

 

“Don’t thank me, I wasn’t being generous for you.”

 

“Byul I know this is too much for you to intake, i’m sorry for that. I’ll make it up to you soon.”

 

“Did you know saying sorry doesn’t fix anything! Just leave me alone I promise I won’t make your life hard. After I graduate i’ll move out  to make your life easier.”

 

“Byul! Stop it! What i’m saying I mean it a lot! And, you start school in two days, so rest up. You’re going to Jeonju High School. I’ll drop you off, but after you get better i’ll buy you a bike and you can ride it to school. Goodnite”

--

 

Solar’s grandparents picked her up from the hospital and hugged her.

 

“Solar, i’m sorry that this happened to you. Come on let's go home. Solar cried in her grandmother's arms all the way home.”

 

Luckily for solar her grandparents lived with her in jeonju so she didn’t have to move and change schools. Her grandparents reminded her that school starts in two days and for her to get ready. As they got home she went into her parents and little sister’s room. She started to cry holding onto her family's photos.

Solars grandparents told her to eat but she wouldn’t eat. She was too traumatized by this situation. She herself wanted to die, but grandparents were all she had left, and she couldn’t leave them how her family left her. She told herself she needed to live a good life

--

 

“Byul get up it’s time to go to school. You’re going to be late on your first day.”

 

Byul got her pillow and put it around her face. She was unable to get up but was forced out of bed. When byul got done she went into the living room to wait for her dad. So Hee appeared and gave byul a breakfast sandwich she made, she secretly gave her some money.

 

“Take it, don’t tell you dad. Have a good day at school Byul.”

 

Byul was surprised about how nice she was to her. She was better than her real mother had ever been to her. Mrs. So Hee left before she was able to thank her.

 

“Byul let's go.”

 

Byul got in the car waiting for her dad to take her. As her dad got in they left the house. When they pulled up to her school her dad helped her out of the car and took her to the office to check in.

 

“Hello you must be Byul. I’m the principle, i’ve heard a lot about you. Come on i’ll take you to your classroom.”

 

The principle took her to her classroom while also showing her around the school. When they arrived to her classroom the principal left her there in her teachers care. As byul glanced up she noticed that her dad’s wife was her teacher. She was in complete shock.

 

“Annyeong, welcome to my class. I’m Mrs. So Hee, nice to meet you.”

 

Byul shook her hand awkwardly. She figured that they should act like they don’t know each other.

 

“Listen class this is our new student Moonbyul. She transferred from Seoul so please help her out around here. As you see she’s a little disabled right now so please take care of her you guys. Byul introduce yourself.”

 

Byul nodded and walk up to the podium.

 

“Hello, i’m byul. Please take care of me. Thank you.”

 

“Byul go ahead and sit next to the window by Wheein. Wheein please raise your hand so Byul can find you.”

 

Wheein raised and waved her hand. When byul went to go sit down she looked up and recognized a familiar face. She noticed it was the girl she got in an accident with. She couldn’t help but just stare at her.

 

“Hello, i’m wheein nice to meet you. You’re staring at her too hard everyone will notice.”

 

“Ah… i’m sorry. Thanks for telling me, anyways i’m byul let's be friends.

 

They both shook hands.

 

“No worries I got your back. Anyways do you like her? You should go for it, no one has ever dared to date her. They have all been rejected, she’s the ice princess at this school.”

 

Byul looked at wheelin in shock. She began to blush.

 

“No! I don’t like her, it’s just that I know her.”

 

“I feel bad for her, her whole family were killed and only she survived.”

 

“You two back there stop talking!”

 

The teacher shouted at them across the room. Both of them were both quiet.

 

While the class was going on Byul didn’t listen to any of the lectures that were given. She looked outside daydreaming about her mother's death and the whole accident that happened.

 

*RING RING*

 

As the bell rang all the students sat next to their friends for lunch. On the other hand byul ran out and chased her teacher.

 

“Mrs. So Hee! Wait! Did you know I was going to be in your classroom. If it’s a bit awkward for you I can change classes.”

 

So hee giggled.

 

“Didn’t your dad tell you. I guess he forgot then. You start paying attention in class I know it’s hard to adapt to this but, I really care for you and your education.”

 

Byul nodded and thanked her. She began to walk back to class.

 

“Solar do you know the new student or something? She was staring at you reall hard. She was talking about you, I think you two should date.”

 

Wheein giggled.

 

“Wheein shut up. Why would she know her she came from Seoul and she’s never lived her.”

 

Hwasa shouted to wheein in a low tone.

 

“You two stop it. I do know her okay. I actually met her a few days ago.”

 

“Did you guys both come from the same accident or something. You both are kind of disabled. Maybe you guys are destined.”

 

Wheein jokingly said. Hwasa glared into Wheein’s eyes telling her to shut it.

 

“Ah… i’m sorry Solar I forgot. I’m a dummy. Please forgive me.”

 

Solar smile and nodded.

 

“How have you been doing. Are you okay? If you need anything me and wheein are here for you.”

 

Hwasa implied.

 

“Thank you, you guys. I’m grateful for having you two as friend. Everything is going great.”

 

Suddenly Byul came in and sat back down at her desk. The three of them looked at byul following her movement.

 

“Maybe I should ask her if she wants to sit with us.”

 

“Stop it’s going to be awkward.”

 

“I’m going to ask her anyways you okay with it solar?”

 

Solar nodded allowing wheein to bring her to sit with them.

 

Wheein went up to byul and asked if she would like to sit with them. Byul kindly declined knowing it would be awkward for them. Wheein looked back at the two of them telling them to come and introduce themselves. The two stared at each other and got out of their seats.

 

“Hello Byul, i’m Hwasa and this is Solar. Come over here and sit with us.”

 

 

Byul looked up at Solar and declined. The three of them went to go sit back down. Hwasa yelled at wheein saying she made them look like fools. As lunch ended it was back to learning. The teacher came back in and started teaching math. Byul just put her head down.

 

The bell rang and it was time to go home. Byul was the last one to leave the classroom. As she walked down to the entrance she noticed Solar was waiting at the gate by herself. When she got closer she had began walking toward her.