Chapter 1

Soldiers

The members of SK army's special forces were resting in their barracks as usual. Except for the fact that their calm leader is crouching in the corner and panicking because her ex is coming today.

"Hey, what's wrong with her?" Yuri whispered to Sooyoung.

Sooyoung shrugged.

"We need urgent help to cure our mentally distressed captain." Hyoyeon jokingly said.

"Yul, I heard we have a new medic on the base and she's damn pretty. I want to see for myself." 

"Sorry Soo but you have to go yourself. I wouldn't want to face Hellsica again." Yul shivered at the thought.

At that moment, Tiffany, the new medic came in. Taeyeon froze in her position as she continued to stare at Tiffany. Yoona's eyes also widened when she saw her unnie which she has not seen in a year.

"Hey...it's been a long time...Kim Taeyeon." Tiffany flashed a faint smile to her ex.

Taeyeon gulped when Tiffany called her full name. Looks like she still has some hard feelings.

"Nice to see you too, little rascal." Tiffany smiled at Yoona.

The others were confused but did not inquire.

"Nice to meet you. I'm the new medic. My name is Stephanie Hwang but you can call me Tiffany. I hope we can work well together." Tiffany bowed 90 degrees and flashed her eye-smile.

"Tiffany-shi, may I ask how old are you?" Yuri raised a hand like a student asking her teacher.

"I'm 26 this year." 

"Wow you're the same age with all of us except for Sooyoung and Yoona."

"Yah! I'm 26 too. I have an early birthday!" Sooyoung retorted.

During the entire conversation between Tiffany and the other members of the special forces, Taeyeon just stood at the side, staring at the beautiful face that she missed so dearly. How she wished that they were still in a relationship. How she wished it wasn't so awkward between them. How she wished she would have some courage to approach Tiffany and apologize.

There was another person who was unusually quiet.

Yoona. She knew what happened between the two and cast wary glances towards Taeyeon several times. Yoona had been there at the peak of the two's relationship where they had even considered getting married. However, she had also witnessed the downfall of it, where they parted ways. And she was forced to choose whether to follow Taeyeon or to follow Tiffany. She chose Taeyeon. Not because she didn't like Tiffany but because Tiffany had her family by her side but Taeyeon was alone.

Only after Tiffany left did Taeyeon and Yoona finally relaxed.

"Unnie, gwenchana?" Yoona asked Taeyeon worriedly.

"Yoona-yah, what do I do now? I want her so bad. I want her to be mine again but I can't do it. I can't face her...after our breakup."

"Unnie you can do this...you must get her back. Don't lose your chance again." Yoona gave Taeyeon some encouragement before leaving the barracks for her training.

 

***

 

"Special forces, report to the general for duty. This is an urgent message. I repeat, special forces, come to the general's office to report for duty." An announcement has been made through the speaker, capturing everyone's attention.

The soldiers immediately gave up the idea of a peaceful meal and reported themselves to the general as fast as they could.

"Sir! Special forces reporting for duty! Sir!" Taeyeon saluted, followed by the others.

"At ease." 

"I have an urgent assignment for this team. Before I begin, I need you to give me your word that you are to keep this mission classified."

"Sir yes sir!" All of them chorused.

"Good. We have just received a report that a group of soldiers suspected to be from Iraq have just crossed the borders. They are assumed to be heavily armed and very skilled in combat. Hence, I will entrust this task to the special forces. You are to be ready and head to the location in the next 15 minutes." 

The general's assistant handed a paper with the details to Taeyeon.

"Capture them alive if possible. If they resist, you are given the permission to kill them on spot. May you succeed in the mission."

"Sir yes sir!" 

 

 ***

 

"Sniper one in position." Sooyoung reported through her walkie talkie.

"Left one in position." Jessica reported.

"Left two in position." Yuri settled down next to Jessica.

"Right two in position." Taeyeon spoke through her walkie talkie as she reloaded her gun.

"Sniper two in position." Hyoyeon reported.

"Right one, are you in position? Over."

"Yes. Right one in position." Yoona was the last to report.

"Yoona, you have to move faster."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Everyone, stay alert. The enemy is not to be underestimated." Taeyeon warned.

 

After staying alert on their respective positions for two hours, the team started to let their guard down.

"I'm hungry. Over." Sooyoung reported.

"Me too unnie. Over." Yoona played along.

"Damn you shikshins. Over." Hyoyeon interrupted.

"Love Yul. Over."

"I love you more, Sica. Over."

"Yah! Go away you freaking lovebirds! Over."

"Unnies, target spotted. I repeat, target spotted." Yoona reported, alerting everyone.

"Sooyoung, do you have a view?" Taeyeon asked the sniper.

"Yes. A total of seven. All are heavily armed."

"Keep your aim until I give an order."

"Yes ma'am."

"Yuri, move to Yoona's position now." Taeyeon ordered.

"Everyone, standby. Status report, Sooyoung."

"They have entered a warehouse. This is an opportunity."

Taeyeon nods even though no one can see it.

"At the count of 3, I will go in with Yoona and Yuri. Jessica, take the back door. Soo and Hyo, shoot anyone that tries to escape."

"Yes ma'am!"

"I...2...3!"

The 3 members of the special forces barged in with their guns. As expected, the targets were nowhere to be seen. They must have sensed the presence of the special forces.

The three took careful steps as they searched the warehouse.

Suddenly, a knife was thrown towards the captain followed by several gunshots. The skillful captain swiftly avoided the attacks. Turning to the right, she fired a shot at one of the men.

On the other side, Yoona is having a two-against-one combat fight after she and her opponent lost their guns. With a few well aimed punches at pressure points, she managed to knock out both guys despite being much smaller.

Now to Yuri's side, she pulls out two handy pistols and gets ready to fire at any target she sees. Sliding to the left, she fires one bullet, hitting straight at the target's head. 

'Bingo!'

The other target, which happens to be the strongest one came rushing towards Yuri with a dagger. With her quick reflexes, she parried the dagger a few centimeters away from her chest. She threw her pistol aside, distracting the opponent before kicking him in the face. She finishes off with a snap in the neck, terminating his life.

Meanwhile, two of the remaining ones managed to run out of the warehouse in the midst of chaos. Jessica, who had been guarding outside immediately ran after the two men. Unfortunately, she was caught by surprise when one man appeared behind her, managing to cut Jessica's abdomen when she turned around.

Despite the injury, she fought hard and managed to tie up one man whereas Hyoyeon shot the other one.

 

After making sure the targets have been cleared, the team gathered to return back to base. 

"Babe!" Yuri yelled as she pointed a finger at Jessica's wound. 

"I'm fine. It's just a small cut." Jessica just shrugged it off but Yuri would not have her girl bleeding all the way back. 

"Come on, sit." Yuri pulled Jessica's hand and led her to sit on the ground as she helped to clean the wound with some water. Jessica squeezed her eyes shut, trying to withstand the pain. Yuri proceeded to wipe it dry and apply some antiseptic before wrapping it tightly with a piece of spare cloth.

After that, the team headed back to base along with their captive. Unknown to all, someone else was injured but she decided to keep mum.