chapter 7

the guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon nuzzles his nose into the neck of his mate. He nudges him to wake up. Considering about the surrounding, they are unable to run away. He groans. 

“We’re trapped. Hope the children will be fine.” 

The Alpha mate growls silently, tugging Jihoon closer to him. “They will be fine. They’re grown-up wolf.” 

Jihoon rolls his eyes. “Still, some of them are omegas, not like us though Joshua makes me breeding your pups.” 

Cheol gives a toothy smile. “I love this idea since back then. Like soon he’ll master all technics and practice it upon us.” 

“I guess, he’s been mastering all tricks and technics when all the packs were going far from him. He’s been through many things, now we can’t find him.” 

“He’ll get us, I believe it. Glacier will not let us in this place either, if only they find us now.” 

Jihoon chuckles. “Yeah, find us,” he mutters silently. His eyes trail on the surrounding dull grey wall. Then lifting up his look to the sky. Discreetly he prays, begs to the Sky to save him and his mate from the hell he has never known. All the hope he has, he lets it floating to the Sky where only the fair judgement can give him a quick answer of his life, as well his mate’s life, whether they will end up on vampire’s hand, or living back safely in their den, at the corner of invisible castle Joshua owns. 

Glacier has been going up and down, from Joshua’s mind to his heart, leaving some worries about the future when they face the enemy. He can’t come out. He has been waiting for Joshua’s call, perhaps some plans about the enemy they encounter. But it’s been days and he hears nothing. Even at his mind, Glacier is being clueless. The spirit wonders if Joshua has mastered one trick to conceal what his mind is thinking about, so Glacier won’t react anything towards it. 

Suddenly, he feels something. 

“No, don’t try - Glacier.” 

Joshua rubs his chest, feeling the ache from the worry his spirit wolf makes. He winces in pain. “It shall be okay by the time,” he convinces. 

The spirit groans inwardly. Then he gives up on him, taking his move to fall into a deep sleep mode. Not trying himself to fall into a deeper concern of his guardian. “Shua—” He whimpers. 

“Don’t worry…I know Jeonghan is in their hands.” He pats his chest, letting out a heavy sigh, he knows what the worst coming for them. “I won’t let anything happen to the pack.” 

Glacier closes his eyes, slowly he is folding himself inside Joshua, then shutting down his call. He shall not be worried when Joshua knows the best for them, both of them. 

Door swings opened. Joshua tips his head. “Who are there?” 

“Joshua…” 

He knows who’s calling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter