prologue

the guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He has just suited himself above the ground, squishing over the chocolate leaves to fit himself to sit. It is just uncomfortable to sit and secludes himself from the hustle and bustle of the city. It is more uncomfortable since he has to face exam tomorrow but inside his house, there is an absolute noisiness. So it is better for him making haste to find a peaceful area, well, the peaceful one is only found in the black forest. He is familiar with the area since birth. 

Since his family is one of the hunters in the city, wolf-hunter. 

Jeonghan clears his throat, turning a page of his book. He mumbles something incoherently as he tries to make the subject into his mind. Since he is engulfed by his learning, he doesn't notice a squirrel munching on nuts in front of him, along with two cubs laying while watching him in silence. Without making noise, without any intention, the cubs are looking at him serenely. 

Meanwhile the human keep on reading his book, chanting some theories and trick about his lesson. He lets a sigh, heavily, closing the book and put it back to his bag. After that, he’s just realised that he has a companion. He smiles. 

“Hello puppies and munchies, do you need something?” The cubs simply tilts their head to the side, moving and rolling to get the human rub over the bodies. They stick out their tongue happily. 

Jeonghan giggles. 

“So cute, but I can’t bring you home…” he pouts afterwards. Recalling what he has been told by his family about the outstanding merit of being a hunter, they can distinguish the real wolf, the especially magical wolf which differs from the others and the mere wolf who lives on the same ground. Also, they have to kill that magical wolf which threatens human system, it’s nonsense for a wolf can be a threat to human’s life, based on Jeonghan’s opinion. 

Although he bears the responsibility to distinguish and eliminate them from the world, Jeonghan can not do that. Whether it’s magical or not, he can not do it, because everything about them is so cute for his taste and they deserve to live together with him. Even though the history where the magical wolf is still related to Merlin’s wolf, the hunter are too afraid, based on Jeonghan’s belief, afraid that darkness will possess the wolf to peril mere human’s lives to a dark era. In addition, the guardian who protect the wolf, Jeonghan is still curious about the reason behind why hunter has to kill and lay a finger on them hostilely. 

He frowns as he caresses the cub and ignores the squirrel beside them. 

“You should live longer and unable to be found by my dad, he is terrible, more over my family…I don’t want you both to be hurt.” He mutters silently, then winds busts them as if it warns them to get back to their own place directly. 

Jeonghan instantly arises, dusts himself before slinging his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter