chapter 1

the guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several years have passed as the time goes by. Taking all the miseries behind, beneath the truth where is supposed to be unrevealed until the right time comes. Jeonghan as still remains to wander into the forest to find the parent of cubs but he finds nothing there, besides grey fog which gets thicker day by day and shivers his spine down. Once a while he may any howling but soon he gives an effort to look for the owner, he finds no one living inside there, even the bird, it doesn't live inside the forest.

Yet he doesn't give up. Although he still finds nothing inside, he shall get a clue of everything who living in there.

Just like today, he has come from his daily job, running straight from his home after finishing his dinner to the forest, without bringing any lighter he musters his courage to get his luck today. His gait is steady but agitated of taking a pace since he does not want to make any noises.

As he walks deeper into the heart of the forest, his energy is drained up like the nervous possesses it to work harder. He sits down near one of the big pine trees. He lets out a big groan of disappointment. It is just like another day of misfortune.

But beyond of his expectation, a figure comes closer to him, without him realising.

The moon starts to get covered by the thick fog, slowly Jeonghan’s eye lose his guard to notice who approaching him but the light of the eyes knocks him to get his composure back. He straightens up.

Like the child who has been caught by his parent, Jeonghan remains still as he exchanges look with the figure. A big white wolf with the shade of black pelt near his jaw. It looks so awesome but the eyes tell otherwise, something more than awesome that Jeonghan in. Just like making Jeonghan under a spell, he follows the wolf behind. Matching his pace with the wolf’s, it goes harder once the wolf starts running as if it triggers him to do so.

Jeonghan, without a doubt, tries to catch the animal with his running. But he stops once the wolf leisurely halts and sits near the border. The invisible border that starts to be seen to Jeonghan’s eyes.

He gapes. It becomes a crystal clear for his notion.

A light smirk from the wolf urges him to keep following it. He enters the border with the wolf which running towards a big hall which unfamiliar for Jeonghan. He stopped there and loses the wolf off his sight.

His eyes trail every piece of the hall scrutinizing it as turns around. Jeonghan is amazed by the sight before his eyes.

“Amazing,’ he mutters silently.

Then he walks to another side, stepping out from the hall to bailey. As he steps out, he is confronted by several wolves, more likely a pack full of wolves, slowly reaching out for the uninvited human in their den. In another side, he is surprised by a bump from his back.

“You’re not invited here, Hunter.” Jeonghan turns around to see who bridle at the tone. A man with a dazzling eye and intoxicating aura he spreads. Jeonghan frowns.

However, Jeonghan bravely looks at the speaker’s eyes. The wolves start growling like crazy. “Get off from our sights, Hunter.”

He shall not be mad at how the latter addresses him, yet he has a name, not addressing him by his title.

The latter sniffs his nose to the air. “True hunter, and not prohibited to enter this area, shall you go and forget what you’ve seen here,” he warns.

Jeonghan shakes his head, pursing his lips front. “No.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter