chapter 2

the guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Glacier sways its tail to the left and right in particular move, brushing the dirt near its spot while it leisurely lays its head on Joshua’s crown. It has been latching on Joshua for none knows, Glacier has been a clingy wolf. And Joshua does not bother to ask the wolf why it's been acting like these, besides he lets Glacier do what its instinct tells so. 

“Do you have to?” Joshua lets out a single hum effortlessly, being so careless of what the wolf aims for. 

“Do you? He will not bring any harm to this pack.” 

Joshua quirks a brow. “He is a hunter and it’s dangerous for Coups’ pack. Remember what happened to his pups?” 

“Seokmin and Seungkwan are in peace now.” 

Joshua jerks away, looking furious. “They’re not! The hunter must be eating their heart.” 

“No,” a voice startles them, jolts to give a big space to pair of Alpha wolves. Joshua gulps while a bigger wolf take a space with the weary look on the face and the other is seated beside as pulling the big close. 

“So, Woo—”

“It’s Jihoon…only four of us here, don’t worry too much.”

Joshua swallows hard his breath. “So, what the reason you can say no about what I said earlier?” 

The wolf turns its head to the side. “Because I was with your Glacier when we patrolled. Glacier,” Jihoon gives a snarky look as the wolf glares to the one gets mentioned, “insisted to pay a watch upon the latter, after imprinting the human to become his favourite, or your mate, Joshua.” 

Joshua widens his eyes, blinks owlishly. “And you can’t cast a spell upon it, Shua, I trust you both,” Glacier says nonchalantly. 

“No, it’s a bad idea,” he complains. Jihoon lays its paw on his mate. “No, until we found what it’s beneath his backyard later,” Jihoon cuts in.

“What’s there?” 

Jihoon lets out a forbearing sigh. “My pups’ hearts. He never let anyone touch it unless the squirrel Seokmin always brought to the home.” 

There is a pause between, Joshua knows it well how the pair has suffered from losing their cubs, their precious ones, the weak ones Jihoon gave birth was died by a hand of the hunter. And they had to run away from the forest, obscured themselves until the right time under the surveillance of Glacier and other Guardian's spirits. They rose in foreign territory, yet other pack helped them through hard times until they come back to where they’re supposed to live.

“I’m sorry,” Joshua mutters. 

Jihoon sways its tail stilly. “It’s fine. At least, for now, my cubs have grown up so well.” 

“Chann is going to be a great Alpha like you both do,” Glacier speaks. Jihoon looks at its mate, giving a soft stare towards as it rubs the mate’s fur by its paw. “He is doing great, thanks to your learning and my Cheol, he will do a great job.” 

“He will, I can foresee it.” Joshua glimpses at the spirit wolf, “as long as he keeps a distance with the guest.” 

Glacier jumps into Joshua’s body and disappears from their sight. “The pair is dangerous for your pack, Glacier told me so.” 

Jihoon glances. “I know since the newcomer lies about their origin. I smell on them.” 

“Jihoon?” 

The wolf growls a bit. “Be careful, your mate is getting old, same goes to you.” 

“We won’t turn into a werewolf by those witches, Shua…” 

“I am a witch, remember? Aside from the fact I have to be a guardian for your pack and Glacier’s existence, I shall be a pupil of Merlin.” 

“I know, that’s why I don’t dwell on my anxiety over your profile. Just…” the wolf take a break, lets out a resigned sigh with a tiny nod, “don’t push away Jeonghan, he is a good hunter, at least he can help us.” 

“I can’t trust him, so can other guardians.” 

“We can, by pulling hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter