"Just A Simple Kiss Would Do"

Glass Beads and Her Fingertip

(a/n: How I got the names of the chapters? So they are based on discussions I have with people and song lyrics lol. Also i notice that I have lost some subscribers. and I sincerely apologize if the story is straying away from the direction that it was once in. I just wanted to write something unconventional and i guess real. I know fanfic is usually perceived in a way where things usually are fluffy, but my writing style is still evolving. I wanted something different. )

SinB faced the mirror, adjusting her headband. She checked her lipstick and her clothing. Today she would be taking Eunha out on a solo date. Or that's what it felt like. They were actually just going to a book cafe because SinB had an essay to write and Eunha had research to do. But, SinB had a pretty cute outfit on that consisted of short shorts and an over-sized white designer tee. She walked outside and it was sunny. But, SinB brought her parasol out just in case.  It was a beautiful day outside. As SinB opened the door to the book cafe that wasn't that far from the college dorms, she saw Eunha wearing an oversized red shirt tucked into her shorts and deeply analyzing a textbook with glasses. There were two cups of something already at the table. SinB ran up to the table and sat across from Eunha. She pulled out a pencil from her bag and tapped the textbook to grab Eunha's attention. 

Eunha looked up and smiled. "Oh hey. Sorry, this context for literature sort of consumed me." 

"What are you working on? What does general studies have to do with your singing?" 

Eunha shrugged. "I'm still too young to be in college and they sort of want me to focus on that before I get to my major. I think I'm doing a gap year or two." 

SinB flipped through through her notebook. "Damn. I remember just a few months ago, I thought I was going to do that, but then Sowon died...and like...I thought it was time for a change. Especially since the only reason why I wanted to stay in school collapsed to sports." 

Eunha nodded. "I'm glad I worked hard enough to get here."

SinB sipped from the cup. "I am more glad." She winced. "The coffee here is bitter." 

"Oh, I'm sorry." Eunha quickly stood. "Do you want to go elsewhere?" 

SinB shook her head. "No. No. I must have kept you here waiting. And it's fine. I'll just deal with it." She poured two packets of sugar into the coffee. She drank it down wholeheartedly. "See? All good."

Eunha laughed, shaking her head. "You don't need to put up with this if you don't want to." 

"I want to." 

"Then, alright." Eunha flipped a page of her textbook. "Focus on your work and when we're done, we could go some place better for some steak sandwiches and soda." 

SinB looked down at her blank sheet of paper. But, she couldn't keep focus. Eunha had a cute shade of pink on her lips. Her hair was in the usual bob, though it was growing out a little. Her eyes were scanning the page so critically, but SinB was just captivated by how adorable Eunha looked when she was studying. Her cheeks grew warm once Eunha looked up at her. "What's wrong?" 

"N-N-no0--nothing,..." 

Eunha tapped SinB's notebook. "Then stop looking at me...." 


"I can't..." SinB's palms got very sweaty. She was fidgeting.

"But.... you need to finish your essay."  Eunha's gaze held hers. She sat her pencil down. 

"You're too pretty." SinB's mouth got dry. 

Eunha's eyes widened and her cheeks turned pink. "W-wh-wha-" 

"Can I please kiss you? I can't control myself right now." She knew her lips were slightly chapped, but she couldn't reach into her small bag for chapstick. She was just froze because of Eunha's confused gaze. But the pink in Eunha's cheeks made SinB relax a little and upped her confidence. 

Eunha looked around and grabbed SinB's face and pecked her lips quickly before retreating back to her seat. She got back to work and the rest of their meal was silent. 

-------

Umji got out of school to see Yuju and SinB outside waiting for her with their bikes against the gates. "Wow, guys. You couldn't call an Uber or something?" she huffed. "I didn't even bring my own bike. I gotta keep up with you guys on foot." 

Yuju pat the back of her bike. "I have extra space on the back of my bike." She winked at Umji

Umji turned pink and got on the back of Yuju's bike. "So what did you have to tell us, SinB?"

"Eunha and I kissed..." 

"And what else?" Yuju gasped. 

"We had went out to eat and stuff." 

"Sounds like you are ahead of the game between you and Youjin." 

"But I'm less aggressive than Youjin. And he's much taller and seems like he could be more better for her..." 

"Nah. Sowon would have wanted you to have her before him," Yuju said. "She wasn't that close to him." 

"She was," SInB shrugged. "They were engaged for a while. And they grew kind of close. She did think of him highly." 

"But Youjin obviously isn't for Eunha." Umji pointed out. "He is too unstable." 

"Shockingly, Youjin has himself put together." SinB still felt insecure. Though the afternoon outing was perfect, Eunha was still texting Youjin for a few moments. "And they're both older than me. Especially Youjin. He's super older than I am. I think Eunha prefers older people." 

"Eunha likes you enough to kiss you." Yuju smiled. 

"Okay. That doesn't mean anything. What if I forced her to kiss me because I asked her to..." 

"You asked?" Umji screeched. 

Yuju laughed. "Rookie move." 

"That was my first kiss. I didn't know what to do. Do you go for it or..." 

"You're pursuing Eunha. Eunha isn't the type to pursue you if she wants you. She just goes with the flow of things. So, I suggest you keep your game up and work with it." Yuju parked her bike at a tree. "Let's hang out here and wait for everyone." 

"I thought it was just us three." 

"No Eunha and Yerin are coming."

"WHY EUNHA?" SinB widened her eyes. 

"Geez, SinB. You're like Sowon when she first started liking Eunha. What magic power does she have over you two?" 

"She's just amazing." SinB said. And with that, she turned around to see Eunha, Yerin, and Youjin walking towards them.