"Look This is Childish. Just Make up Already"

Glass Beads and Her Fingertip

(a/n: I have all advanced courses and life is going meh lately. Excuse the near a month late update. I'm gonna be consistent soon. I am so sorry TT)

Sowon decided to show up at a meeting for the first time in forever. And it was only because she didn't feel like going home to talk with her parents about the arranged marriage that would soon take place in another 3 years. Youjin was there of course, unlit cigarette between his lips, talking to some boy with his hair uncombed. Sowon was so glad he didn't have feelings for her. They both decided to get out the marriage as soon as possible. But, it costed them, (well Sowon) to come to the glee club every evening. And so far, she was hating being around Eunha. Eunha, was bubbly and giggling with everyone. Eunha was being cute. Eunha had brought the entire club food...everyone except Sowon. It wasn't obvious though. She just sat a lot of sandwiches on the table and everyone reached for one. There was none left for the most crucial member of the cabinet, however. Not that Sowon was bothered. 

Sowon tried her best not to look at Eunha when she was rehearsing her solo. Grabbing onto the back of SinB's chair, she avoided eye contact with everyone. It was as if she was trying to distance herself from everyone. That was until Youjin tapped her shoulder and handed her a sandwich. "You need to eat...future wife."

"Shut up." 

"Eunha made me come to you. This is a special sandwich, she can't face you." Youjin sighed heavily. "Look, this is childish. Just make up already."

Sowon took the sandwich from Youjin and threw it in the trash, anger flushing her face. Youjin's mouth gaped open. He furrowed his brow. Sowon saw that Eunha was looking at her with tears threatning to pour out of her eyes. Sowon began biting her bottom lip before running out. She couldn't feel a thing. Her heart was beating out of its chest and her palms were clammy. She didn't have any sense of emotion whatsoever until she heard a very tearful yell from up the hall.

"Hey! Kim So Jung!" 

That made Sowon turn on her heel on instinct. No one has called her that in a long while unless they were angry at her. She saw Eunha crying. Her heart felt like it was going to burst at that moment. She made her star cry. The clocks were ticking more loudly than usual in Sowon's ears. Her eyes were getting wet. "...Eun..Eunbi......"

"Why did you throw away my sandwich? You didn't eat all day! You are such a terrible actress! Just stop acting!" 

"Who is acting?" Sowon shook. She felt like the world was going to end, right here, right now. "You're the one still holding onto me after my feelings died for you."

"Kim So Jung, I..."Eunha breathed in. "You're a liar. I see it in your eyes. I know you."

"You don't." 

Eunha laughed and shook her head. She pinched the bridge of her nose, trying to decide what else is there to say. The silence between the two was deadly. Until Youjin came running out, pack of cigarettes in his hand, bookbag on his back. He stood by Sowon's side.

"That was quite the scare? Are you okay?" He looked at Eunha. "Eunha...I'm sorry if I interuppted...."

"No, no. " Eunha looked at them both quickly. "I was just...on my way back to..." She left. 

Youjin put his hand on Sowon's back. "Are you alright?"

Sowon's eyes closed. "No. I am the worst..."

=========

Eunha read through the sheet music before turning off her light. She tried to go to sleep, but instead, she picked up her phone and played around on the Line messaging app. Then, SinB texted her. She said that she knew something was wrong with Sowon and that was an arranged marriage with Youjin. Eunha sighed and tried her best to channel apathy. Until another message...well now a phone call erupted on her cell phone. 

"Eunbi."

Sowon.

"I am sorry for storming out of the club today. But as a comrad, I wanted to say you did an amazing job on your solo today. I..."

"Thank you."

"Please don't hang up. I need to hear your voice for just a little while."

"What...? Okay."

"I...am sorry for throwing away the sandwich."

I made that special just for you, Eunha thought to herself. "Mmm."

"And I am going through a time in life where I hate myself. And I ...I ...don't..."

"Sowon. My mother is sleep. I can't talk long."

"Oh. Okay. Bye." Sowon clicked off.

Eunha drew circles on her comforter. She felt like the world was on her chest. She missed Sowon terribly. On the surface, it felt like she didn't feel that Sowon loved her still. But deep down inside, she knew that Sowon loved harder than she would ever know. Even if her life wouldn't allow her to.