Chapter Eight

Ecstatic Exuberance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin cursed himself mentally for being so weak. He cursed himself for making Seokjin's voice crack like that, he cursed himself for not letting his eyes look at Seokjin's face. He swallowed the lump that was forming in his throat, he suddenly felt cold.

He grabbed the notebook again and tried to drown himself in the tunes inside but his thoughts were plaguing him too much. 'I love you' were just three easy words. Why was he so scared of them? He didn't hesitate when he said it to his friends. So why did he want to run away when Seokjin said those same three words he'd heard so many times before? Was it because this time he knew how real they were and exactly what the consequences were? But then if he knew he felt the same way, why wasn't he okay with saying it? He covered his face and sighed into it, feeling his tears wet his fingers. He wanted to make Seokjin happy but he was already failing at it. He was ready to embrace everything that was related to Seokjin, without exceptions. He just couldn't believe anyone would be ready to do the same for him. Even his friends knew a lot about him but none of them knew all of him. He refused to let anyone in that deep but he knew that if he said those three words back to him, he'd have to let him in. He wiped his face and gave himself a small pep talk. He buried himself in the notebook again, not ready to deal with anything else.

Seokjin sat down on the Kitchen counter. He looked at Jimin who picked up a notebook from the table and wrote things down.

"You don't have to say I love you, It's fine," Seokjin mumbled as he took the pizza's out. He placed it in front of Jimin as Seokjin sat down on the carpet again. Just as yesterday.

"Skip class?" Seokjin proposed to the younger boy.

Jimin nodded and sat on the floor, running his hand through his hair. "Yeah sure, I don't mind skipping class," he smiled up at Seokjin as he reached for a slice of pizza. "I'm sorry Seokjin, but I can promise you at least this much: I'm not letting you go anytime soon." He rested his face in his palm as he chewed, looking at Seokjin.

"I'm sorry," Seokjin said as he stood up and sat down next to Jimin on the couch. He wrapped his arms around the smaller boy and hid his face into Jimin's neck. "I'm sorry," he mumbled into the t-shirt that Jimin was wearing. Seokjin breathed in with his nose, smelling Jimin's extremely enjoyable smell.

"I don't want to hurt you," Seokjin mumbled in the t-shirt again as now tears formed in his eyes. Now that the storm passed he cried. The calm after the storm.

Jimin turned and wrapped his arms around Seokjin, his back soothingly.

"Shh... It's okay, it doesn't matter. Don't be sorry for something that's not your fault. You're alright, everything's fine," he kept mumbling as he let Seokjin cry into his arms. He smiled ruefully at the turnout of events. He'd made Seokjin cry and they hadn't even known each other for long. "Let it out Seokjin-ah... I'm sorry for making you cry like this... I'm sorry for worrying you and make you feel any negative emotions..."

Seokjin just sat silent in Jimin's arms. He didn't know what to do or what to say so he just sat there his tears somehow still running down his face as he hid his face in Jimin's neck.

Jimin didn't let up. He kept whispering comforting words to Seokjin while his back slowly, making sure he knew he wasn't alone and that Jimin wasn't going to leave him. He let Seokjin cry because at times, it's better to just get your pain out through your tears.

They had sat on the couch for about two hours. Seokjin calmed down a little ten minutes later and now they just cuddled. Seokjin looked at the clock, it was 4pm.

"I think I should go home," He announced. "I need to get a package that arrived for me," He explained.

"I'm sorry I wish I could stay longer." He smiled as he stood up letting go of Jimin's hand slowly. Taking his bag from the floor as he walked to the front door.

"Let me grab my keys real quick," Jimin said, getting up and heading to the kitchen, where he kept his keys. "I should drive you back shouldn't I, if I brought you here? And... We never had the pizza. You should have some food when you get back." Jimin put his shoes on and looked at Seokjin sheepishly, "our time today wasn't spent all that well, was it..."

"It wasn't the worst," Seokjin mumbled. He looked at his shoes. "It was okay till I- you know we don't need to talk about this, I just want to get to know you better," Seokjin said as he looked up and smiled. He ruffled Jimin's hair a little.

"You look cute anyway," Seokjin said as he grinned and gave a little wink to Jimin.

Jimin smiled, "Get to know me better and maybe you'll meet me. Your words, right Kim Seokjin? I say them back to you now. Just spend more time with me, maybe you'll get to know me better." He winked back, leaning up to press a kiss to his jaw.

"You're hella unfair but I'm not complaining." He opened the door and gestured at Seokjin to walk out first so he could lock the door behind him. "Do you wanna play the music again in the car or do you wanna leave it up to the radio today?" Jimin asked as he locked the door and went back to Seokjin.

"Well sometimes music is one's way to the heart isn't it?" Seokjin grinned as he stepped into the passenger's seat again and threw his bag on the backseat.

"Would you like to meet Namjoon?" Seokjin asked as he plugged the aux cable into his phone he continued, "he's my best friend, I've known him for a long time." Seokjin smiled at Jimin as he played 'Same Love' by Macklemore. He really liked the lyrics of that song.

"Kim Namjoon... The composer? I'd love to meet him. Anyone important to you is important to me." Jimin smiled as he turned the key in the ignition, revving his way out of the parking and onto the streets.

"You should probably give me your address Seokjin," Jimin chuckled as he looked at Seokjin briefly.

"Oh god yes of course," Seokjin said as he laughed a little. "My address is (insert address)," He said as his fingers played the accords of the song, at least the ones he remembered.

"I'll text you it, so you can come by in case you forget it," Seokjin smiled.

"Sneaky~" Jimin teased as he thought of a possible route, turning his car that way as he came up with one.

"But no you don't need to text me something as mundane as that. I'll remember it now that I'm driving you there. And I'll frequent it so," Jimin paused meaningfully and winked at Seokjin.

Seokjin grinned. "Of course," Seokjin smiled as he looked out of the window as the song changed, a very happy song came on. One he didn't listen to a lot. "All the way, by Dutch artist Jett Rebel," Seokjin mumbled to himself, as for what he heard from Namjoon who gave him the song, and the artist Seokjin liked after listening some songs.

"It's not really a popular song," Seokjin smiled. "But it's really good, he also has this other song Louise." Seokjin didn't know why he was telling all of this to Jimin but he didn't mind.

Jimin nodded, tapping his fingers on the wheel. "The tune is nice, I'd listen to other songs. Do you have any you could possibly send me?" Jimin asked Seokjin, interested suddenly in this artist and his upbeat song with lyrics that didn't always make sense but with a fun rhythm.

"From this artist or other artists?" Seokjin asked looking at Jimin tapping the steering wheel with his fingers. Seokjin knew a lot of songs, most of them recommended by Namjoon though. Half of his playlist was filled with songs Namjoon recommended to him.

"I think Namjoon could recommend things better than I can," Seokjin smiled. "Half of my playlist is filled by him," Seokjin grinned.

"Oh man I know... Taehyung does that. He recommends most of the songs I end up listening to so I can't blame you. But this artist sounds intriguing. I'd like to listen to more of him specifically." Jimin smiled as he thought about how much their friends mattered to them.

"I'm guessing Namjoon is really important to you?" He asked casually as he pulled onto another road, close to their destination.

"You should listen to Louise," Seokjin said as he scrolled through his playlist searching for the song. "Yes, he is, I've known him for like all my life, our parents were good friends," Seokjin explained to Jimin. "He's quite random, but really smart, and tall." Seokjin grinned. "During his puberty he stayed small for a long time but then like I didn't see him for 3 Months and he just, was 4, what, 5 centimeter taller than me?" Seokjin grinned as he recognized the area.

"We're almost here," He said as he played another song in his playlist, The real slim shady by Eminem.

"Well this sure is influence from Namjoon." Seokjin laughed.

Jimin groaned as the all too familiar beat came through the speakers, "cringy," he whined but laughed anyway.

"But man I wish I hit puberty like that... I mean, in a way I did get treated well by puberty but yeah I wish I was taller. Also smart, huh... He reminds me of one of my other friends actually, except the tall part. He's also my childhood friend. I sort of came here chasing after him," he chuckled, "but childhood friends are great. They're the ones who know you best probably. Do you thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter