Chapter Two

Ecstatic Exuberance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin sighed when he noticed the other notebook on the table. Grabbing his bag, he put it inside too, hoisting it back on his shoulder. He then went back to his friends, two of whom were supposed to leave now with him so they could later reach their workplace on time. Jimin meanwhile also texted Seokjin, telling him about the forgotten notebook and if Jimin could come to his work, wherever it was, to drop off the book.

Seokjin arrived at his work as he dressed up and put his phone in the back pocket of his uniform and walked behind the counter of the small starbucks. He smiled at customers, wrote their names wrong on purpose and smiled when they laughed over it. When he was on his break he checked his phone and saw that Jimin texted him. 'You left your notebook here,' he ran to his bag and found out it was the lyrics notebook, hoping so badly that Jimin wouldn't read in the notebook.

He locked his room behind him after changing and grabbing his little side bag with his phone and his notebook. Making sure he had his extra clothes, he left his house, telling Seokjin that he had his notebook safe and would safely give it tomorrow, promising not to open it. He then tucked his phone in his pocket as he drove to the dance studio where he was going to teach kids dancing for a couple of hours before his live performance job at a café towards the outskirts of the city.

Seokjin was done with his shift. He texted Jimin within two seconds after he stepped out of the starbucks, he had a frappe in his hand, he always made one just before leaving, he texted Jimin. 'Where do you work?' Hoping Jimin would see this before he had to work.

Waiting till his students wanted to take a break, he finally grabbed his phone off the speakers, unlocking it to go through his notifications, in case they were any. Reading Seokjin's message, he texted back with the address of the café, including a short message at the bottom, 'I work there from 7 to 10 every alternate day but I don't have your notebook with me right now' before sending it. When he noticed the kids were ready to start again, he plugged his phone in again, turning to teach them.

He didn't have his notebook right now. He texted back. 'Can I come by your place then later tonight?' Seokjin would even be out at 11 pm, just to make sure he had his notebook himself. He added in another message. 'We can also work on the song.'

At the end of the two hours, Jimin changed into cleaner clothes in the in studio changing rooms. Gathering his things, he checked his phone again, deciding to text Seokjin his home address. 'Then dinner at mine? Unless it's too late for you? I'll be back by 10:20.' Switching the silent mode off, he put his phone on the passenger seat next to him, driving to his next destination.

'I can help cooking?' Seokjin texted back as he went home to get his car. He lived close to the starbucks and the academy so he usually didn't drive that much. He liked the fresh air while cycling his bike so he didn't. As he arrived at the parking lot of his dorm he opened his car and sat down. He took his phone and placed it on top of the dashboard unsilencing it and then turning the keys.

Jimin made his way to the back of the café, greeting all the waiters, finding his friend Taehyung amongst them before going to the area where the guitar was usually kept. 'Uhh... I was planning on getting takeout actually? But I don't mind.' he texted back before getting the guitar and heading to the front where the manager guided him as usual, to his seat. He was surprised to find his vocalist friend, Jungkook, already at the performance stage. Putting his phone in his pocket, he started to pay attention at his job. He'd be looking at his phone again in about half an hour he guessed.

Seokjin drove to the library to work on an essay he had to make about music history and he would stay there until 10, so he could leave to Jimin's place. He sends a message to Jimin asking for his address so he knew where to go to and put his phone down.

Smiling at his partner, he put down his guitar, pulling out his phone to check if Seokjin had texted him. Smiling at his assignment partner's text, he just sent his address again and in the next text, he sent Jungkook's picture, writing under it 'I'm working with another one of our vocalists right now~ he's really good! I'm wondering about how good you must be ^^' '. At Jungkook's prompting, he put his phone away again, picking up his guitar again so he could accompany the young singer, pulling the mic closer to harmonise better.

Seokjin realized that Jungkook was very beautiful, probably such as his vocals. Seokjin was tempted to pass by Jimin's work. So he did. He packed up his laptop and pens. He walked down the stairs of the library and started to walk to the cafe where Jimin worked. Seokjin looked through the window of the cafe and then turned around. He didn't want to look stalkerish to Jimin so he wouldn't.

Smiling at the encouraging audience, Jungkook and Jimin shared a brief glance before Jimin leaned forward to harmonise with him, his voice melding in well with Jungkook's, something he didn't show anyone in the city other than his friends. He closed his eyes, his fingers still plucking away as he continued to sing a duet with one of his closest friends, one of his other closest friends hyping them up from the audience. Going back to serving, Taehyung saw Jin at the window, pausing his activities to go out and invite Jin inside, asking him not to worry about the two boys performing.

Seokjin stood outside and then somebody walked out approaching him. "You're the guy who worked with Jimin today right? for that assignment?" The boy said. Seokjin looked at him.

"U-uh, yeh," Seokjin said as he looked at the boy. And followed him into the cafe.

Jimin leaned back in his chair, reaching out to grab the glass Taehyung had brought for him for his break. Jungkook slid off his stool and headed towards the back while Taehyung gestured a certain table out to Jimin towards which Jimin headed, leaving his guitar behind, thanking the patrons who complimented him.

"Hi Seokjin," Jimin said as he finally reached the booth where Jin sat.

"Hi Jimin," Seokjin said. He was nervous. He looked at the pretty boy he had only met today but already had more contact with that he had with a good friend.

Sitting down across his new friend, he smiled. "Is this your first time here? I can ask Taehyung to bring something over. Also, how did you come here? I could drive us back to my place?" Jimin was nervous to show this side of himself so soon to Jin. He wasn't known for his singing in the academy, no matter how much his friends loved it. And now that Jin was here, he would get to hear it if he hadn't already. Jimin downed a bit more of his drink

"I went with me and my legs," Jin said as he smiled awkwardly. "I'm not that thirsty..." Seokjin looked to his shoes.

His eyes widened. "Walking? Then you don't mind if I treat you here, I hope." Jimin called over Taehyung and asked him to whip up Jimin's favourite smoothie for Jin.

"You'll like it, I'm sure. Don't worry, you can be yourself here. This is... My area, I guess you could say. So you're safe here. But I'll get going, I need to perform again." With one last smile, Jimin got up and went back to his stool, glad that Jungkook was also coming back.

"Oh yeh," Seokjin said as he smiled at Jimin walking to his stool. He looked at Taehyung who gave him a drink and thanked him. And then looked at Jimin who was ready to perform.

Jimin nervously took his seat, the room going quiet all of a sudden. He barely registered Jungkook announcing the duet they were supposed to be doing next but on the gentle tapping of Jungkook's fingers on his knees brings him back and his eyes focus on Jin. Although he was nervous to have Jin hear him, he also found strength in Jin sitting there. So when he adjusted the guitar and started playing the notes, they sounded much more confident than he was expe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter