My Highschool Life Turned Upside Down (Part 1)

Caught In Between Love And Lies

‘So when he came to me this weekend, he already had this nervous, strange, expression on his face. Of course he tried to hide it, but later on I found out that he had bought me the wrong present for our first –month-anniversary. Normally I would be like Dude, go find someone else, cause you don’t mess up with me but I saw how sincere he was, so well yeah I gave him another chance.’ Hara ended her story while she finished with reapplying her make-up.

‘How do I look?’ She moved her hand through her hair.
‘Gorgeous as always.’ You responded suppressing your urge to tell her that she looked like a clown.

‘Right answer, sister,’ She gave you a wink and Nana and you giggled in unison. *I really don’t know how long I can keep up this act, those girls are acting sometimes so annoying* You thought but pretended to be interested in Nana’s story.

-------------------------

 

‘So what did your boyfriend buy for you, I remember that you guys dated around the same time, when I started with Key.’ Nana moved her face to you, her eyes piercing as if she was challenging you if your boyfriend was better than hers.

‘Oh you know about that. My boyfriend is very considerate, sometimes I really have the feeling that he sees me as a Goddess. You know there were several times, when he bought me tones of stuffs just because I observed them 5 seconds longer than usual.' You bragged about something you have come up with.

In fact you were still single but since every girl in your friend's groups was dating non-stop you have to come up with this white lie. If someone would ever find out about the truth, you would be a complete outcast, so you try your best to keep this secret. Only your best friend Haneul knows about the lie.

You saw how Nana's face darkened hearing the sweet story about your boyfriend. Just in time before she could respond, your phone rang.

'OMO it's Oppa ~~Mianhe I have to pick this call.' You waved them goodbye and left the classroom.

'Annyeong Oppa~~' You beamed.

'Who's your Oppa?!' You heard Haneul's annoyed voice from the other side. You just arrived the female restroom and saw your best friend glaring at your direction. You innocently looked back to see to whom she was shooting this death glare, until you recognize that there was no one there except you.

'Yah, Song Soohyun, every single time you make me do this ridiculous call! Jjin-jja, do you know what I had to pay for you last month. Do you know what the word broke means?! That's what I am after having paid my phone bill. If my parents find out about that they will kill me!' She grabbed your collar

'Mianhaeyo, jeongmal mianhae.' You clasped your hand and bowed several times. 'Please don't be mad at me Haneul-ah. I am really thankful and I'll also pay you back.' You tried to make her let you go.

Finally she released you, but you could see that her glare didn't leave her face. 'I am still mad.' She said while crossing her arms. 'How long are you going to keep up with this dating lie?" She then asked after some minutes of silence-punishment.

Luckily she was someone who couldn't stay mad for a long while. 'Why don't you tell your friends the truth? It would make your life much more easier, not to mention how much time I wouldn't waste to do those sweet calls.' She reasoned.

'Ani, ani, aniyo, if I told them the truth they will kick me out of their group. We don't do anything besides talking about our boyfriends.' You sighed, your head hanging low.

*I am also tired of this lie. To invente each time a new story, that pleases them is seriously giving me headaches.*

'I mean I know that when you have changed classes, those girls were the first you have talked to and they helped you out, but there's no way you can hang out with them forever, when you have nothing in common with them.'

'A friendship based on a lie, how long do you think it will last?' Haneul questioned. You moved your hand through you long hair in frustration. *I know all of that.* You admitted mentally your fault.

'Look it's just that I can't leave now. In my class there are those strict group constellations. There are first the nerds, who talk about nothing other than school all day long. Then there are the geeks, who are anticipating every upgrade from War Craft and think that they are warriors with magic skills. Then there are the jocks, who brag about their matches and their muscles, oh and of course the cheerleaders, their loyal fan girls.' You named the stereotypes. 'Oh and I have forgotten to mention the Individuals, who aren't really individuals since they hang out in a group.'

'You see there's no place for me apart from my friend's group, the one's who are trying to imitate the Queenkas.'

'I am not smart enough for the nerds, I don't believe that I am going to die if I don't find magic items, I am not good at sports and the individuals won't let me join their group, because they think that they are individual.' You whined about your depressing situation.

'Hmm.. I see... Luckily my class is not that complicated. Guess it's your decision, but remember that I can't afford to call you so many times anymore.' Haneul pointed at you with a warning face. You hugged her 'Thank you, thank you, thank you~~' you beamed jumping up and down.

'Soohyun's boyfriend, I have the feeling that he doesn't even exist. I mean don't you find it suspicious, that he has never picked her up even though she always says that he's so considerate and caring? Each time when I proposed to do a double date, she would always brush it off. At least she could show us a picture of him.' You heard Nana snickering.

Hearing those words, you froze at the spot immediately and then tried to hide your face, so that the both girls won't see you. Luckily they were too occupied examining their reflexion in their pocket mirrors, so they just walked pass you two, to the female restroom, that Haneul and you have just left some minutes ago.

'Oh my God I am so dead, my high school life is going to end soon.' you covered your face with both your hands. You already imagined you eating your lunch, while people keep calling you names and throwing stuffs at you.

'Ottoke, do I have to change school?' You looked up at Haneul with scared eyes, in response she just nudged you. 'Babo just tell them the truth, cause obviously you can't keep this secret any longer.'

 

-------------------------

School has ended a little bit earlier since your teacher was sick. So when someone delivered you this message, you have quickly run out of the classroom to avoid Hara and Nana.

*They told me that their boyfriends would pick them up today, I have to arrange something, so that they won't get more suspicious.* You thought while passing through several shops.

*Why did I lie in the first place?! I'd dig my own grave.* You kicked an empty can in front of you. *God, please give me a sign.* You begged, when you heard some girls giggling behind you.

'OMO can you see this handsome guy over there? The way he wears his sunglasses, he totally looks like a Kpop idol!' 'He totally stands out, I wish I would have a boyfriend like him.' her friend nodded.

You looked at the boy that those girls were describing and seeing his face you have to agree with them. You find yourself blushing looking at his handsome features.

Then an idea popped suddenly in your head. *Right, all I need is a picture, Hara and Nana were just complaining because I had never showed them a photo.*

You thought that if you could get a good photo of him, you could claim this handsome stranger as your boyfriend.

*Aish why is the camera function from my phone so bad?* You slowly approached the boy to get the right angle. When you pushed the button to capture him, you forgot about turning of the sound and the flash.

'Euh did you just take a photo from me?' The handsome boy raised his eyebrow looking at you: *Damn it*

'OMO isn't that SNSD's Taeyeon?! ' You screamed and just when he looked at the direction that you have pointed, you run away from him *OMO that was close, he probably thinks that I am a stalker.* You breathed heavily, because of your sprint. *At least I have a good picture* You admired the photo you have taken.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Note: Finally I got the time to post the first chapter ^^~~, thank you for the six who have subscribe to this story, even before I had posted this ;) Hope it has met your expectation and if you didn't expect anything, then well hope it was still fine xD !! Feel free to comment and subscribe. Plus I don't hate Hara or Nana, I didn't mean to bash them, when I gave them those characters, they are both beautiful ( well more Nana, cause I am not a big fan of Goo Hara mianhae *bows*)

its_an_asian_thing