012

Crimson Canine

Days passed by with you and the boys (exclude Minju who goes to school like normal kid does), keeping up with your normal routine at the café, once-in-a-while visit to the drugstore to meet Rin and fighting off monsters and creatures that never seemed to cease. No matter how many wards were placed around town by Suho, they always managed to break in and caused chaos like immature brats. Kai said it was something to do with the full moon nearing. Unlike most myth involving bloodlust whenever it touches down to full moon, the truth is far from such horror. He said that myth creatures tend to be more active as if a sudden surge of adrenaline is pumped into their blood when the moon is full and round, glistening in the dark. This also applies on werewolves, which is why every time full moon appears, all the boys let loose and become a mess of hyper puppies. Kai snorted at his own words.

“Ouch Kai!”, you winced, hands immediately slapping his thigh which in coincidence is placed around you, trapping your smaller one in between. He mumbled a sorry and continued applying ointment on your wounds.

All of you are home after fighting tricksters that were trying to rob off a bank. It was an easy win against them because they were only months old, still new and unaware of their capabilities but you still managed to receive few scratches here and there. Kai offered to help you with your injuries, which explains the current position you’re in. On the kitchen stool, with him in front of you, towering your smaller figure with his bigger posture even while sitting. The others are all around the house, engaging in random conversations together when the topics changed into you.

“You know what El, you’re starting to lose your touch-“ You scrunched your eyebrows at Baek, not liking whatever he’s trying to deliver. “-I mean you used to be our wonder woman, with the firm punches and all, but now you can barely fight an amateur creature.” “Hey, I used to beat hundreds of bad guys alone just fine”, you sulked.

“Which is human. I get it you’ve fight off humans into pulps like a badass you are but this is myth creatures we’re talking about El. All the battles we’ve been in so far, there isn’t one where you’re able to get away with uninjured.”

Kyungsoo intervened, saying” Baek’s right, El. For your own safety, you should start training again instead of slacking around. Breaking some sweats for a few hours a day doesn’t seem that bad huh? You could as well train with us, since full moon is around the corner and we need to rejuvenate our strength as much as you do. And maybe training could help stimulate your werewolf’s ability again”

Nods and groans of approval by the boys in response to Kyungsoo’s word just proved that you’re unable to argue in this. Seeing no other way out, you turned to the only option left. You looked at Kai, hoping that he’ll see through you and let you off this time. He just ruffled your hair, totally not helping you out as he agreed with them. “You could use some training to be stronger”, was all he said before putting away the ointment that he has done dabbing on your wounds in the toilet’s cabinet.

“It will surely be fun El. Training always helps relieving my bottled up energy. I can’t wait to release all this steam”, Chanyeol grinned so widely that he’s almost identical to the infamous Cheshire Cat.

“Does seeing me drenched in sweats and beaten by pack of hyper puppies sounds fun to you?”, you snarled at him which he replied with a nervous chuckle. Then, you pointed your finger towards Mingyu in a childish way,” Why isn’t he training with me too? I don’t think he’s any better than me.” Mingyu’s jaw dropped slightly, clearly unimpressed with the dirty tricks of yours. You smirked at him, happy that you’re able to drag someone down with you towards your misery.

Suho butted in, “Mingyu may not beat you when it comes to physical fight but he’s good with bows and arrows. That’s why all he needs is to sharpen his aiming skills so that he could kill his target in one shot”

Mingyu threw you a smug look, in which you flipped him off. “ please. I don’t need such training. Everyone knows that I’m the best archer in this town”, flipping imaginary long hair above his shoulder.

“Are you implying that you’re the male version of Katniss Everdeen?”

“You could say so. You could be my Peeta Mellark if you want because for all I know, Katniss will always be the main attraction.”

“Nah, I’ll pass Peeta for Gale. He’s hot, man”

Suho piped in, “I reckon El to be Prim because she’s cute.” You winked at him for his courtesy to shower you with compliment.

“Speaking of which, I still can’t remember the evil old sag who owns Capitol. Who’s his name again?”. Everyone racked their brains for answers, seemingly all of them lost their memories on the villain’s name too.

“Oh my god stop with this Hunger Games’ reference. This is ing stupid.”, Sehun said with his judging face on. “Am I and Kai the only adults here?”

Then, all of a sudden Kai returned from the toilet and nonchalantly said,” Its President Coriolanus Snow”. Sehun rolled his eyes, totally done with the movie puns and made his way upstairs while the rest of you looked at Kai in awe as if he’s a genius sent from above.