011

Crimson Canine

Kai is staring at the three of you on the couch, not muttering a single word to either of you. He’s not much of a talker so it isn’t really surprising but the silence consuming the room is bothering you to the core. Giving in to him, you let out a loud groan, being the first to speak up.

“Okay I admit it. It was wrong of me to act like that but I wasn’t the one who did the first move”, you defended, both hand raising to prove your innocence.

Kai furrowed his brows then turned his gaze towards the persons to your left and right, indicating their turns to clarify their actions when he was away. The actions that gotten all three of you thrown into jail by the polices. You’ve had a few experiences behind the bars for trivial wrongdoings such as trespassing secured area near the park to search for Chanyeol’s ball that he kicked with too much force, speeding in front of school area with Sehun in Kai’s car and being too loud with Baekhyun in public but this was the first time that you’re kicked in for something that was not your fault. Well, that’s what you thought. You went out with the Min siblings in the evening to get some fresh air since you’re not needed at the café. It just seemed to be your luck that you bumped into two shapeshifters lurking in the busy street. You could’ve mistaken them for normal human being if not for their sneaky hands shoving into random people’s belonging with no one noticing, and mouth constantly babbling something in Italian that got you on your feet following after the two creatures, Minju and Mingyu hot on your heels. Turning into a short alley that connects the street to another one with busy people stumbling over one another, the shapeshifters that once were two teenage boys on jumper, are now hot chicks in stilettos and crimson red dress, blending in with other pedestrians under the orange hued sky. They even swayed their hips, whipping fake lashes around causing flirty men at the side to gawk at the view. Talk about smarty .

“You should’ve known that you couldn’t just beat the creatures in public especially when they’re in human form.”, Kai hissed.

“They’re placing binding spell on random pedestrians, stealing branded watches and jewelleries. You can’t just let them away with that!”, Mingyu butted in.

“Still, you can try to reach to any one of us first before playing hero!”

“I was about to, but then one of them who caught us spying them started to choke El and I can’t just let her die in the hand of an old woman!”, Minju reasoned, hand flailing around to prove her points.

“I was waiting for the right timing okay. I wasn’t expecting that it’ll shift into an aging grandma out of all the possible choices. After all, I didn’t want the public to think that I’m a teen rebel, hitting a helpless old woman and being held by police for juvenile acts.”, you said. “And I wasn’t going to die from a mere choke of a 90 years old female!”

“But, you did look like you’re about to pass out when she gave you a blow in the stomach”, Mingyu snorted which earned a glare from you.

Kai sighed exasperatedly, seemingly done with all your nonsense while the boys who are watching the whole fiasco from the kitchen, snickered and continued to videotape the four of you using Sehun’s camera. They later on post it on your group chat and named it “Dad scolding his three misbehaving children”.