Evidence

Chased
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With determination in his eyes, Myungsoo left the wardrobe, trying to find clues that could bring his father down. He glanced to his back, searching for his best friend who was just there beside him, but he was not surprised when Sungyeol already disappeared, leaving him alone in the abandoned room. Judging from the way s kept on appearing and disappearing, he knew that he would meet Woohyun, Dongwoo, and Sungjong soon, who had not appeared in front of him. Sungjong. The last name made his heart fluttered and shrinked from pain at the same time. He could not wait to meet the younger, to see his beautiful face for the last time, but the possibility of the meeting to be his last made him scared. Myungsoo was scanning the room when someone called his name.

“Dongwoo hyung.” Myungsoo automatically whispered the name of the man who had just called him. In line with his prediction, Dongwoo appeared in front of him, showing his usual goofy smile. Dongwoo had always been the moodmaker of the group, making him laugh when he needed it the most. The older had the personality of an angel, ready to sacrifice himself for the sake of the others.

“We need to hurry. He might come back here soon.” Dongwoo’s smile was replaced by a cautious expression. Myungsoo quickly nodded and continued his search for clues. His attention was stolen by a mysterious book on the middle of the table, a strange infinity symbol hovering above it. The said book was very eye-catching, with a glowering light upon it and the symbol. It was the same book that he had seen earlier, just before Hoya pushed him away from it. But he was sure that the book was not there before Dongwoo appeared, or else he would have noticed it earlier.

“Hyung, do you know anything about this book?” Myungsoo asked Dongwoo, contemplating whether to open the book or not.

“I’m not really sure. Can you open it?”

“I haven’t tried yet. I’ll open it now.” Myungsoo slowly turned the cover of the book, revealing the first page. He had not registered the words written on the page as a surge of blinding light covered his vision, showing him a flash of image. He saw Sunggyu taking the book from a vault located in a mansion where they had one of their missions. Myungsoo remembered that day, he was outside with the other members, keeping guard of the mansion while Sunggyu entered the mansion by himself to retrieve ‘something important’ for their boss. Sunggyu refused to tell them what the item was, saying that knowing about the item could put them in danger.

“What is it?” Dongwoo asked, peeking from Myungsoo’s side. The older’s eyes were slowly getting bigger, shocked at the information in front of his eyes. “It’s the book we stole, isn’t it? The one Sunggyu hyung kept secret from us?”

“I think so.” Myungsoo flipped through the pages, where there were several tables and charts drawn neatly. At first, he did not know the importance of the book, which seemed li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter