Story 01 | Part 02

FT Island's Treasure; Song Seunghyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I WANTED TO UPDATE THIS CHAPTER IN TIME FOR SONGSARI'S BDAY.

CLUE WORD 'WANTED'. SADLY THO, I WASN'T IN TIME TO DO SO.

NEVERTHELESS, HERE'S MY GIFT FOR MY FAVOURITE BOY.

GOODBYE CNBLUE, HELLO FT ISLAND

| PART 02 |

 

Upon reaching their van, Seunghyun looked at Jaejin and Minhwan with an adorable shy smile on his face while he awaits for further instruction from his new members. The 2 guys, however, needed to sort something out. As they both wanted to sit beside Seunghyun in their 2-seater van, they realised that they need to discuss and come to a fair decision.

"Seunghyunnie, why don't you enter the van first? We.. need to discuss something out here," Jaejin said, smiling as he gently pushed the younger guy towards the entrance of the van. 

Blushing upon hearing his new nickname again, Seunghyun nodded as he entered the van. As this was his first time in a celebrity van, he doesn't know if it was okay for him to sit anywhere as he's worried that his new members had their own favourite seats and they would be angry at him for sitting in them. Not knowing what to do, Seunghyunnie decides to sit at the second last seat where there was almost no window next to it as he guessed the members would prefer those seats with window next to them. 

"I wonder what they are discussing.. Maybe it's about having a rookie like me in their group..." Seunghyun said to himself, frowning as he looked down at his fingers worriedly.

Not knowing that their new member is having a nervous breakdown in the van, Jaejin and Minhwan was having a serious discussion on who was to sit beside the new adorable boy. As they had their eyes on the entrance of the van to make sure the subject of their discussion wasn't peeping, the 2 of them stepped slightly further from the van as they discussed in hush voices. 

"Hyung, can't you give in to me just this once? I had always given in to you," Minhwan said, pouting. 

"No.. I want to sit beside him too! You are going to school with him! You can sit beside him then," Jaejin argued back. 

"But you're going to school with us too!" Minhwan said, and Jaejin almost laughed out loud when he realised he had forgotten that he went to the same school as the 2 of them. Taking this moment, Minhwan added, "I'll sit beside him now and then you can sit beside him when we go to school. Okay? Please?"

"No!" Jaejin replied, still not giving way, and he knew this discussion won't go anywhere. Sighing out loud, Jaejin looked at Minhwan and said, "Fine, let's play scissors paper stone. The winner will sit beside Seunghyunnie. This will make it fair for the both of us."

Nodding his head, Minhwan smiled and said, "Okay!"

"Scissors paper stone!" the 2 boys said in unison, and this left one boy cheering and the other cursing. 

"Fine! Go ahead and sit..." Minhwan was saying but his words were cut short by Hongki who had just arrived with Jonghoon and their manager. 

"Yah! What are you guys still doing out there?! Did you just left Seunghyunnie on his own?!" Hongki shouted, surprising the 2 boys with his presence. 

"Oh, hyung! Are you guys done already? That was fast! We were just..." Minhwan was saying but Jaejin nudged him, signalling to the younger boy not to reveal anything, and so he cleared his throat and continued to say, "Urh.. We were just talking about school."

"School? Then why didn't you guys just talk inside? You guys shouldn't have left Seunghyunnie on his own. He must be very nervous and scared," their main vocalist said, frowning as he entered the van after Jonghoon did. 

Exchanging glances with each other, the 2 guys proceeded to enter the van only to find the seat they had been eyeing on taken by their leader. And upon knowing Jonghoon for so long, they knew it's best not to argue with him eventhough it seems unfair as they had both wanted to sit beside their new member too. 

"Yah! Why aren't you guys going to your seats? We need to make a move now," Jonghoon said and the 2 boys snapped out of their thoughts and headed to the available seats closest to Seunghyun. 

As the van started to move in silence, Seunghyun looked down at his fingers nervously. 'Why are they so quiet? Did they.. hate me? What if they were forced to accept me by director-nim? Maybe.. Maybe this is a mistake. Maybe I shouldn't have accepted to join them..' Seunghyun's mind went wild as anxiety and fear controlled his thought. Nervously, Seunghyun stole a glance at his new leader seated beside him, only to realise that the said guy was looking intensely at him. Blushing a cute pink, Seunghyun immediately looked down and continued to play with his shaky fingers. 

Jonghoon stared at the boy beside him. He could feel the tension and nervousness coming from the younger boy. As he looked down at his shaky hands, Jonghoon was reminded of the conversation he had with Yonghwa. 

- FLASH BACK -

Once the younger ones were out of the picture, Jonghoon looked at Yonghwa straight in the eyes and asked, "So, Yonghwa-sshi, what is it that you wanted to talk about? Make it quick as we have no time to waste.." 

Jonghoon and Hongki had their arms folded across their chest while they waited for the older guy to spill whatever it is that he wanted to say. Yonghwa, although the 2 guys standing in front of him are his seniors, he is older than them by age. With that seniority pride and ego, Yonghwa too folded his arms across his chest and looked at them seriously. 

"Jonghoon-sshi and Hongki-sshi, what are your motives when you accepted Seunghyun into your group? As far as I know, you guys never listened to any of director-nim's suggestion and you hate having someone else destroy the balance that you guys have created for your band. So why? It doesn't make sense," Yonghwa said rather distastefully as he frowned deeply while staring at them.

Upon hearing Yonghwa's question, Jonghoon stared Yonghwa down and retaliated, "Motives? What nonsense are you talking about? We don't have any motives. We needed a guitarist and Seunghyun was the best one. In fact, its your most trusted director that passed him over to us. We didn't even know of his existence until today. But perhaps, this is the best decision he has ever made for FT Island."

Shocked that it was Director Han Seungho who had given Seunghyun over to FT Island without even consulting him, Yonghwa was evidently dumbfounded and disturbed. After he had managed to find his trail of thoughts again, Yonghwa said, "You meant to say that director-nim was the one who proposed the idea of switching Seunghyun over to FT Island?" 

"Yes, and we were just informed of it today. It seemed like he had given a lot of thoughts about it though," Hongki answered. 

"Well, if thats what you say, I'll talk to him then on why he suddenly changed Seunghyun over to FT Island. I'm sure he has his reasons but as the leader of CNBLUE, I have to the rights to know," Yonghwa answered, his tone a tad softer than previously.

"Fine. Are we done? We need to get Seunghyunnie's stuffs," Hongki said and Yonghwa mentally cringed at the new nickname the main vocalist had given to his Seunghyun ex-member.

"No.. I-I want to tell you certain things about Seunghyun," Yonghwa said as he looked at them both in the eyes, and once he has gotten their full attention, he continued to say, "Seunghyun.. He's a very hardworking boy. He hates to disappoint the people he loves and so he will always do his best to make them proud. He may seem very quiet now but he's actually pretty funny and witty. He likes to play around with the people he's close with and sometimes he may be a little dense and not sense the atmosphere. Although he's always laughing and smiling, he's actually very sensitive at heart. He overthinks a lot and he thinks so little of himself. So, if you can, try and praise him once a while."

Upon seeing the way Yonghwa talked about Seunghyun, Jonghoon and Hongki exchanged glances. They had seen and talked to the older guy, and they had even seen him coached other young guitarists. Although he was very helpful around the company and many young trainees looked up at him, Yonghwa had always been strict and stern towards them. They had never seen this soft side of him. 

"You seem to know a lot about Seunghyun huh.." Jonghoon commented as casually as he could although he's actually pretty disturbed and uncomfortable about it. 

Smiling, Yonghwa replied, "Well, yeah.. We're roommates.. and I've seen how much he has grown up. He suffered a lot when he first came in.. family issues and all but he stayed strong and never lose his smile. However, because of his broken family, he really hates loud arguments. He gets pretty terrified and worked up when that happens. Also, he has shaky hand syndrome.."

"Shaky hand syndrome? What's that?" Hongki asked, frowning as he exchanged glances with Jonghoon who was listening attentively to all the information that the older guy has shared. 

"It's the continuous shaking of the hands. There's no treatment for it but it's nothing to worry about because it doesn't affect his guitar skills. In fact, I think it's because of it that he's able to play so extremely well.. It kinda make him uniquely special. But it gets pretty bad when he's extremely nervous or worked up," Yonghwa said and both Jonghoon and Hongki nodded. 

"Well, is there anything else that we should know? Anything he's allergic to?" Jonghoon asked, sincerely curious and concern. 

"Hmmm.. He's not allergic to anything. He's not picky when it comes to foods but.. I don't know if I should say this..." Yonghwa said as a thoughtful frowned formed on his face as he thought of the thing that's on his mind. 'Will this cause him harm if I tell them about it? But they will feel uncomfortable if they found out about it all by themselves and he's painfully oblivious about it..'

"What? Just tell us," Hongki asked, curiosity killig him as he inched slightly forward. 

"Hmmm, well.. Seunghyun.. He really likes skinship. Although he doesn't realise it himself, he has this habit of snuggling, hugging and kissing the people around him. Some of our members like it and some don't, and so at first it was awkward for them. So I guessed it's best for me to give you guys a heads up so that you won't feel weird when it happens," Yonghwa said, flashing a small smile. 

Smiling as they nodded their heads calmly upon taking in that information, the 2 FT Island members were anything but calm. A certain excitement rushed in their body system as they imagined the sweet adorable boy hugging and kissing them. When he realised where his mind was going, Jonghoon snapped back to reality as he subtly shook his head. 

"Okay. So, I guess that's all? Can we leave now? Can we get your dorm keys? Also, is there anything else that belongs to Seunghyun here that we should take with us?" Jonghoon asked as he eyed everything in the room. 

"Yes, I guess that's all," Yonghwa said, as he then took a bunch of keys out of his pockets and said, "Here's the key. Hmmm, that's his guitar.. Usually he will leave it here but since he'll need to study your band's songs, I think it's best if you take it along." 

Hongki nodded as he walked forward and carefully lifted the acoustic guitar off the couch. As he joined the 2 guys again, Hongki had his eyes on Yonghwa who was looking immensely at the guitar in his hands. He couldn't help but to notice the look he was giving the guitar and how he had been talking about him. 

Clearing his throat so as to get the older guy's attention, Hongki said, "Yonghwa-sshi, what's your relationship with Seunghyunnie? And don't bull with me and say it's just roommate and bestfriend. I'm roommate and bestfriend with this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter