0.1: Me

That It, was You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

0.1

 

 

Let me share you a roller coaster ride-like story, this might lead you to a confusing state but no worries I will try to explain things, details included. Actually this story is mine, me being the one sitting on the front row of this ride. Ready? 'cause I'll be taking you to the very beginning of my existence.

 

 


I was born to a life where everyone wants to be. Born out of my parents' everyday prayers and hopeful wish. And also due to their pure bliss that encircling with fear. Why is that? Well firstly, my parents were ecstatic when they have found out they're bearing another family member. Although everyone would feel the same thing knowing that a child would be on its way, well theirs is different- it would be an understatement, this could take us another chapter to enumerate all the emotions they'd felt that day.

 

 


According to my brother, our mother had a hard time carrying me during her pregnancy. "She said she never felt that sensitive when she had me, but carrying you was the opposite." he told me when I was a twelve year old kid full of interest, questioning him of random complicated things. And there's this cousin of ours who told me once that, when my brother was like around five or six, my parents already thought of having another child so my brother would have a playmate and that he wont feel alone, yet they took half a decade just to finally have one. 

 

 

Me. In our clan they see me like a gem. The thing that makes me look like one to everyone's eyes is that, I was not supposed to be breathing, alive, even up to now in fact. And that was the next emotion my parents felt after being high from their bliss. Fear.

 


Life.

 


To me it's like a diamond. Me living my life up to now, do feel like one. Shining its worth. Important.  How one should treasure life? To my parents, it is to add a great fear of losing it, thus making life even more brilliant, too precious. Just their way of appreciating it is more than enough, although I am the one that should be doing that for myself.

 
 

 

 

 

When I was ten, my family and I went to a forest close to a waterfalls; to have fun, for us to bond, just like what every other families do. I truly enjoyed it. A life with my parents and a brother by my side. Just that, is enough. Since I love being there, we go back frequently. But many things changes and much more time passes, my family became busy and busier. Even though they were busy, they somehow make time for us to spend it together, but now, they've been busier than ever. They have to work, to do their duty and to finish things that must be done on time, and many more added stress and community works in their tabs, thus minimizing the numbers of visit that we could have in that place, of us being complete and content.

 

 


I was fifteen when we went back to that forest - our forest (I like to call it ours because that forest brings memories, and we shared a lot of that in there), but the weather became bad that we need to head back. Since our home, though not too far but having not other choice but to stay at one of the caves that surrounds the forest. And being the wander child I am, I went further inside, alone, itching to find something interesting to entertain myself. I went deeper till I found something mysterious - an egg, so much bigger than a human head. A giant one. It was twinkling in a small light that I had. I was amazed by how it looked, which make me wanted to touch it. The moment that I reached for it, it moved. Back then, I thought I was the greatest boy that managed to discover the biggest egg ever.

 

 

I was proud with myself when I shared my discovery and boast it to my family. My parents just exchanged a look and laugh it off as if I told them the funniest joke ever, though I know there was something behind their actions. My brother who, by some means, caught what he thought I might be thinking, distracted me by giving his warm hug to my trembling body. They're weird that time, yet I enjoyed their presence and we somehow managed to seized that day. That was the day when I named an emotion I've been feeling lately and how it felt. Curiosity.

 

 

 

 


Jumping to my seventeenth birthday, I vi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter