Chapter III: Him

That It, was You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

III

 


Few weeks had passed since the history made by Jimin happened. Everything went back to normal and everyone act like nothing happened continuing their livelihood, except for one.

 

 

 

 


Jimin, although letting himself busy and pretending to ignore his thoughts about the last event, he really just can't pulled it off due to his curiosity that haunts him every single night. He tried to reason out that soon answers will come, yet here he is having his suppose to be training - his version now of "how to forget easily", with a mind clouded of questions that he's been wanting to know what answers they might actually unfold. Him being busy all the time means: being a great grandson doing his daily trainings, a caring son to his family who initiates on doing the household chores and paperworks, and a good friend to Taehyung and Hoseok during their night-outs. Although he told to himself to just erase what happened, like what everybody else does, God has other plans that is different yet similar from his. Jimin lets one of his reasons of no sleep at night to be his missing puzzle, his subject to keep on looking forward, and his added strength to strive harder in life. That boy. 

 

 

 


Jimin saw again the boy from the garden one night, chilling at one of the caves enjoying the peaceful vibe that the forest gave. He, who's craving too for a little peace to his chaotic mind, unconsciously landed on that forest and was itching to go straight to the said boy and to ask him if he's fine now since the incident. Even though he has those thoughts in mind, he still let himself be drowned by the beauty before him. Right there and then his curiosity falls together with the chaos in him. What's with him? Why is it so relaxing just by staring at him? Jimin then spoiled himself and took this as a chance, having the boy from the distance as his antidote to the anxiety that builds in him which came from all of the unanswered questions he has.

 


The next day,  Jimin saw him - the mysterious boy (his nickname for him) yet again, with some papers and other important files on its hands, on that same cave who's seriously analyzing what the papers says. "He looks so busy." And where did he get those papers from? From then on staring became his new found habit well he just practices it only when the unknown boy visited the forest, on its favorite cave.

 

Jimin saw him again for the third time one afternoon, together with a guy who looked like the boy's advisor, though the said guy is a bit young to be one, looking good and fresh on his light clothing that emphasizes his fair tone. They were having some talk to which Jimin's opinion is significant if the deep frown that is visible from those two would testify it. "Does he have an office in there already?" Wait isn't he too young to have one? Well every time the unknown boy went there, he always has those papers in hand until a tall stack were formed. So you could actually consider that idea, him having an office in his cave, since the boy loves doing his work in there.

 

 

 
Although not everyday, Jimin somehow get accustomed on watching the said boy from a good distance, he would sometimes go closer by an inch or two or rather more than that that he could hear the boy's inner turmoil - the boy used to voice out his thoughts. Jimin getting accustomed means: Him seeing the mysterious boy building some courage, knowing his expression when he's determined, smiling when he see mysterious boy relaxing inside the cave which is only during his rest day from work, Jimin guesses. Never did he know and realized that he'd been observing the boy's action. Frequently. Without any idea.

 


Jimin having no track of time doing his so called new found habit, asked himself, shocked by his own doings, "How long did I take? Wow... I can't believe that I just stared at him all afternoon instead of practicing... wah Abuji will definitely scold me!" Yet for him, it was still a productive day, and will be glad to do it again. As of now, a total of 48 days and counting has passed ever since Jimin had done his observation and experimentation - on how to get close to mysterious boy. His conclusion are still on hold and never been jotted down with regards to his subject. God must be frustrated on him by now, thinking of giving Jimin a deadline so for him to learn on what this experiment means and is actually all about.

 

 

 


"Jiminie? Minie? Hey Jimin?!" Taehyung repeatedly calls for his friend's attention who's been spacing out quite a lot these past few weeks.


"Huh? Yeah? What is it again?" Jimin inquires when he realized that his friend was actually talking to him. Taehyung and Jimin were at the central market buying their necessities for the week.


"Are you feeling sick? Do you feel alright?" Taehyung blurted out his concerns.


"No... and yes I'm fine. I'm sorry Tae, I made you worry. Anyway what were you saying just moments ago?"


"You sure? We can go back home if you're not?" Tae, never giving up on his friend, putting down the butter he's holding.


"Yes. I'm sure Tea-ah. So... what was it?"


"Okay if you say so. Well Hoseokie and I were planning to visit my brother this coming weekend, just wanted to check on him, you know 'cause..."


"You miss him." Jimin finishes for him. Getting the butter and some drinks. "Yeah, and that's not new to me Tae. I do miss him too."


"Right..." Taehyung then smiled, thinking that him and Jimin were on the same plane. "So are you up? Oh! Can we have this too?" Tae showing a broccoli upon asking.


"Lets see..." Jimin thinking about it since, presumably, his last visit at the palace was a nightmare which he wished to himself, frankly speaking. But seeing his friend covering his longingness with nonchalance is more alarming than him being a coward to face another nightmare, so he later says an, "Okay. I'm in." as his answer.


"Thank you Jiminie!!!" Taehyung exclaimed putting the broccoli inside the basket they have and then proceeds to the nearest counter. Laughing out loud.


"H-hey you prick!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter