In a World of my Own Pt. II

Pabo in Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I'm lonely in a world of my own

There'd be no birds, lots of nice friends and howdy-do birds

Everyone would have a dozen bluebirds

Within that world of my own

 

 

Vampire-ssi had taken her up to the mountain for a picnic, at her request, complete with a beautiful view of the forest below.

Sookie was aware she wasn't the most observant person in the world. And she knew she was kind of a pabo, too. The others, especially Vampire-ssi, reminded her very often. But she could tell that something was different with Vampire-ssi. She couldn't put her finger on it.

She was suddenly flicked on the forehead. "Ow~"

"Quit spacing out."

"That hurt, Vampire-ssi." She whined.

"It would if I used my actual strength, idiot human." The vampire said with a roll of her eyes.

See! This was what she meant! Vampire-ssi was behaving the usual way she did with her, but kinder? Idiot human felt more like a nickname than an insult like it did before and Vampire-ssi still rolled her eyes at her, but it looked like it was out of fondness?

Wait! Did Vampire-ssi like her now?!

"Umm, Vampire-ssi?" Sookie continued once she was sure she had Tzuyu's attention. "Are we friends now?" A moment or two later, she felt her nose being pinched.

"Jeez, you sure are slow, idiot human. I don't have mountain side picnics with just anyone." She released Sookie's nose allowing her to breathe. "It helps that your blood isn't disgusting."

Slowly a smile spread on Sookie's face. "Me and Tzuyu-ssi are friends now, hee hee. I knew you'd like me eventually, Tzuyu-ssi!" She crowed victoriously before a cinnamon roll was forcefully crammed into .

"Less talking, more eating." The vampire ripped into a bear blood cinnamon roll herself, looking beyond flustered. Sookie didn't notice, as she was too busy trying not to choke on her favorite pastry.

"What are you doing, Tzuyu-yah?" The snow woman walked into the kitchen after hearing clattering noises, only to find a strange sight.

"Jihyo unnie! I was just... baking." The vampire stood defensively in front of the counter, trying to hide the mess of spilled flour, sugar, messy bowls and broken eggs. "Trying to, at least."

"I see that. What you baking?"

"Just some cinnamon rolls."

"Ah, Sookie's favorite pastry."

"... yes."

Jihyo walked around the counter and walked towards the freezer, coming out moments later with several packets of the pre-made cinnamon rolls. She put them in Tzuyu's hands.

"The dummy doesn't care if they're homemade or pre-packaged. These should do just fine."

"Unnie... you-"

"I'm happy for you, maknae. It's hard not to love Sookie. The house has changed ever since she first barged in here. We're all happier for it."

"Yeah. We are."

"Well then, get those rolls in the oven now. You know the pabo bear isn't the most patient kid."

"Thanks, unnie." She hoped that Jihyo understood just how grateful she was for the unspoken support, despite the fact that they were both in love with the same girl.

"Team TzuSoo, right?"

And Sookie did love them, thanking the vampire profusely.

"Calm down. It's no big deal. It's just cinnamon rolls."

"Just cinnamon rolls?"

That got the idiot to go off on a tangent all about her favorite pastry. Tzuyu tuned out her words, but she found her action silly and dumb... and just a bit adorable. Which she supposed was what Sookie-ssi essentially was.

Cinnamon roll loving idiot human, and all.

 

When Sana announced that she got them something new to wear, Sookie thought that they were getting new costumes.

She blinked in confusion at the light pink t-shirts in the superhero's hands. The color wasn't what confused her, the bold white letters on the front did.

Nearby the puppet and rabbit were watching them from their spot on Sookie's bed. Dahyun had a pink ribbon depicting the white print around her neck.

"Team SaSoo?"

"That's us!"

"Our superhero team name?" Sana handed her a shirt. She turned it around and saw a bear head wearing a mask.

"Something like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter