In a World of my Own Pt. I

Pabo in Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense

Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't

And contrary wise, what it is, it wouldn't be

And what it wouldn't be, it would

 

Alice saw the house as her own personal world filled with precious people.

 

When she was younger, Sookie remembered looking for shooting stars whenever she was stargazing in the backyard with her brother. She'd stare so hard her eyes would hurt at the effort.

"Stop that. This is supposed to be relaxing."

"Sorry oppa! You know I have to find at least one."

"You really want that wish, huh, Hyunsook-ah?"

"You bet I do! How cool would it be to have a world all to yourself?"

"It would be really cool. But it sounds lonely."

"Not in mine. I'd have all sorts of friends and we'd have silly adventures every day."

"Hmm, maybe I should wish for one."

"Yeah! What'd your world be like, oppa?"

"There'd be a big river where I could sit and stare at the sky and the river all day. And there would be lots of shade."

"Are eomma, appa, unnie, and Jiye invited? Am I?"

"Of course."

She also remembered declaring that her world would have weekly Disney movie marathons and excess amounts of junk food and sweets.

So that's just what she did. And it was the one day where everyone would be gathered in the giant living room that was formerly never used.

"What are we watching today, Sookie?" Dahyun asked, comfortably nestled atop the orangette's head. Their Tinkerbell looked particularly jealous that she wasn't in the rabbit's place. But everybody knew that Disney movie nights were the time where the mermaid and rabbit had Sookie to themselves, for the most part.

Are we watching the one with the mermaid? Chaeyoung who was laying her head on Sookie's lap, showed her the whiteboard. One, a singing mermaid. Two, the mermaid became mute too. It was basically (almost) her life story.

"We watched that last time. Can we watch the one with the talking moving toys?" Jungyeon added her input. What? It wasn't because she was a puppet. It just had a great storyline and a valuable lesson on friendship.

"I liked the one with the girl following the white rabbit." Dahyun chirped in, ears twitching cutely. She thought it fit her and Sookie well. And she always ran late, you know.

"The one with the Greek gods and underworld were my favorite. Can we watch that again?" Nayeon added as well. She quite liked the sarcastic fun villain, it reminded her of herself.

"Not today, guys. Today it's Robin Hood." They acquisced to her wishes without a fuss. Sookie was the unspoken movie chooser on Disney movie night, which saved them from the trouble of arguing.

And it's not like Sookie ever chose a bad movie.

And soon after, the movie had captured the full attention of the human and her partners-in-crime. A certain few others instead had their full attention on the orangette, who was animatedly watching the cartoon, eyes sparkling with pure delight, her childish grin filled with wonder.

Heads were in a daze, heartbeats were pitter-pattering, smiles and eyes were going soft and mushy, and that's how they knew it was love.

It was how the devil and puppet knew too. What surprised them was that their vampire maknae was looking at Sookie the same way Jihyo, Mina, Sana, and Momo were.

She got Tzuyu-yah in her spell too.

Her lovable idiot charm has no bounds. We could be next.

You mean, you Jung. I don't see my dumb little sister that way.

Hey, she's my dumb little sister too. Even if she is bigger than me.

 

Now she may not be a tiny fairy with pixie dust, or a superhero who had the powers of flight, but she had her own form of flying.

She had her ever trustworthy ship, which Sookie had so affectio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter