Inexperienced

My Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

7 am

Min had been awake playing every game on his phone. But he was only doing so to get rid of the stressful situation that he had come in between. He was stress gaming. By now his eyes had become bloodshot and he was in need of sleep. But none came. 

'Chaeyoung wants to make San jealous. But he wants to break up.'

Min clenched his jaw, unknowingly pressing harder and harder on his phone. How could San have the nerve to break up? In the most cowardly manner too? Min didn't know what to do. They both asked for his help. San wanting to break up could be good for the both of them. Chaeyoung wouldn't have to put up with the player's antics. And maybe he would have a chance. 

At the same time, Chaeyoung loves San. He couldn't stand the thought of seeing her hurt. Maybe he should just help her out. Wherever the situation may lead, he hopes that in the end, he'll have somehow gotten closer to her. Enough to see her smile everyday, even if it's not the two them together. 

In the middle of his thoughts, his phone vibrated. 

Hey meet me at the café near the campus at 8:30? -Chaeyoung

He totally forgot he had Chaeyoung's number now. Just seconds ago Min looked like he was going through a life crisis, but one text from his crush completely erased his initial expressions. 

'I'm such a baller.' He joked to himself. However onced he tapped on the type a message box to open his keyboard, he realized he didn't know what to reply. Anyone would think, a simple 'sure', or 'okay' would've sufficed, but it was Min and he had absolutely no experience in talking to girls he liked. He didn't think simple answers were good enough. Instead he replied,

Yea, I'll ketchup with you then -Min

Min smiled victoriously at his geniusness. To him it was the best reply ever. He could totally get the girls with his texts. But then came her reply.

Dude you're so corny. -Chaeyoung

He pursed his lips. That was such a slap to his pride. Was that text not good enough? He thought it was enough to give Zac Efron a run for his money. At a loss, Min no longer knew what to say without embarrassing himself a second time. He decided he wouldn't say anything else. He glanced at the time and realized he spent 15 minutes contemplating on a response. It was now 7:30 and he had an hour til their little meeting. 

He turned into beast mode and rushed through his dorm. But really he resembled a penguin running as fast as it could. 

By 8:00 he was fresh as could be. He had finished showering, brushing his teeth and etc. His clothes were clean and crisp, giving off the smell of that good laundry detergent. 

Taking a good look at himself, he began to wonder if maybe he should be wearing something else. He was wearing his usual outfit comprised of some grey sweat pants and a simple white shirt. But he wanted to look better. He made his way to his closet to find that majority of his clothes were tshirts and sweatpants. It was all he ever wore. He found a few pairs of jeans, but they were way too tight. He found another pair that fit, but they had a stain on them. After several minutes, Min finally found a pair of denim jeans that fit perfectly. He decided he wouldn't spend more time looking for a shirt, knowing he'd find only band or gaming tshirts. 

Looking at himself through his mirror, he wondered if it was enough. If she would like how he looked. Then he heard his phone vibrate. He had completely lost track of time. It was 8:40. 

Hey where are you? -Chaeyoung

Without a second thought he grabbed his backpack, knocking San's box off in the process. He stopped and looked at it for a minute and decided he just couldn't give it to her. Not wasting another second, he made a run for it. 

He can't remember the last time he ran to school. Everything was so planned for him. He was always so calm dealing with everything. He liked taking his own way of things- the easy way. But now, here he was running as fast as he possibly could, doing mental calculations on when he would get to his destination. 

'It takes me 10 minutes to walk to the café. If I run, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter