Starting Now

My Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For a whole five seconds he felt his heart completely stop. Her eyes were nothing he had imagined. They were far beyond beautiful. They weren't just stars of the night. They were the whole galaxy. They told a story.

And just like that he aborted his mission. He wasn't prepared for this. He sat down on his seat on the opposite side, partially still in a daze.

"Mr. Myoui." Came the stern voice of his art professor.

"I called your name several times. It's very unlike you to be late." He said.

'He did?'

That must've been why Chaeyoung looked at him. Nothing ever distracted her from her art.

"I'm sorry, sir." Min apologized.

The professor sighed.

"If you're ever not feeling well, you should take a day off."

"Yes sir." Min responds shortly, feeling a little embarrassed that he had momentarily interrupted the class.

"For now, just finish your still life painting."

Min mindlessly grabbed his boards and his paints. And based on the visible paintings on his table, anyone could tell....






..that this dude could not paint for his life. The colors were blinding, mismatched and messy. Sometimes mess can be seen as art. But Min's art was nothing short of a mess. One looked like he simply just vomited on it.

Min was put in the art class for an extra credit. Lacking artistic talent, he made up for his grade by studying art. And although he knew plenty about art styles and famous artists and whatnot, he just could not put together anything pleasing to the eyes. His art was the type to make you go TT.

Placing his most recent canvas in front of him he decided to add a few details. His still life painting was of an apple. It looked more like an apple after it had been eaten and digested and flushed.

After several minutes, his mind traveled back to his recent milestone with Chaeyoung. He had finally been noticed. That was enough to keep his energy up the whole day.

But now he had a gift to deliver to her. How was he going to approach her if he couldn't even hold eye contact with her for five seconds?

His questions were put on hold when the bell rang signalling the end of class. 

This was it. There was no avoiding it. But he had to be quick. Min carelessly stuffed his paintings into the drawer and swung his backpack over his shoulder.

Rushing over to Chaeyoung he realized,

'The gift!?'

He dug his arm in his backpack while speed walking, easily passing off as a penguin.

'Got it-'

But when he had gone through the door he felt his free arm get pulled hastily. And by the time he got a feel of where he was, he felt his heart stop once more. Here he was standing face to face with the person he'd never thought would be standing within a meter from him. Just when he thought things couldn't be more unbelievable, Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

His face grew hot, her sweet scent was intoxicating and her breath tickled his ears.

 'This has to be a very good dream. Wake up, you fool.' He said to himself.

Then she spoke and it sent chills down his spine.

"Just go with it." She whispered.

'Ehh?!'

Min remained frozen. His heart was beating out of his chest. It felt like the whole school could hear it. His thought process had become chaotic and his stomach was filled with a million butterflies. He had never been this flustered in his life. This was definitely worse than losing his ketchup.

"Hug me."

'EHH?!'

Min felt like he was about to faint. The world was messing with him. He couldn't believe anything that was happening.

Just then, he felt two cold hands hold on to his and wrap themselves around a small waist. Her hands were so soft and so pleasant to the touch, it seemed to fit perfectly in his. Several people turned their heads. They all wondered who this kid was hugging Chaeyoung so awkwardly and why. But all Min could think of were Chaeyoung's hands and Chaeyoung's waist. Min couldn't think of anything he did to deserve this. It was too good to be true. He was really hugging Chaeyoung. This was a milestone. This was level 100.

He sighed, slowly letting the warmth of her embrace take over, but then he saw San walk past them and he immediately tried to pull away from the hug. However, the two slender arms that had wrapped themselves around his neck pulled him back, rendering him weak. Chaeyoung had tiger stren

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter