chapter 3

Your stone is the diamond

I woke up early, couldn’t sleep, but stayed in my bed and just looked at some pictures on Instagram. This way I could see what my friends back in my country are doing, but also, how my new friends here are. I, myself posted a lot on sns. After our success with my articles, I often took pictures with idols, just so that the fans know what to look forward to. I finished work early at the office, did some cleaning at home. Finally I got dressed up, it was almost 7 pm and headed to the café. I got there and I thought I should text him before I got in.

To Himchan:

I am here. Where are you?

From Himchan:

Behind you.

I turned suddenly to see a dark figure near the corner of the café, he was wearing a black hoodie over his head with a cap. He came towards me and I saw his beautiful face thanks to the lights coming from the café. He looked kind of pale, but then again he was always pale. We said hello and I asked if I was late, but he didn’t answered and seemed awkward. Maybe he regrets being here, should I send him off or what? I was looking around thinking what to do when he approached me whispered to my near “Turn around and walk slowly”. I did what he told me, but I was curious about what was going on. It felt like an action movie. We went to the side of the road, he stopped a cab and we got in it. In the cab he seemed more relaxed. He took his cap off and said:

- Sorry about that, I suspected the café. I think I saw a reporter I know in it.

- Oh, I didn’t know. It’s okay, I mean who drinks coffee at this hour?

- I know a nice tea house, we can go there if you want.

- Sounds great, I said giving my best smile.

So that was the cause of the strange behavior. I’m glad I didn’t scare him. It’s not late though. We arrived at the tea house, you could see the Han river from there. It looked so beautiful and expensive. It fitted him so good and I am happy we ended up in this place instead of the café. The atmosphere was luxurious yet cosy, just like him. We sat down and ordered our drinks.

- I’m glad you could make it, he said.

- I am too. This place is so nice.

- It is. You look nice too.

- Aww, thanks. You too, I said blushing. He was Kim Himchan, he always looks good, extraordinary in fact. The dim lights made him look even hotter. He smiled at my remark and his face totally changed. When he smiles he is like a bunny, I just want to squeeze his face.

- So, what do you want to ask me?

- Hmm, many things, I said sipping my tea. Like can you be mine? Of course I didn’t say that out loud.

- It can be related to my career or not, Himchan mentioned.

- I’d rather it was about your career, so I can write about it.

- Okay, go on.

- You are so talented, are you going to surprise your fans with a solo? He chuckled  a bit than answered:

- I’m thankful you believe in my talent. Everybody has a role in the group, I’m trying to do my best so I won’t leave my guys nor my fans down. If I get a solo than I will gladly deliver to the public, but I don’t, I’ll still do my best. It’s like in the fairytales, not everybody is a prince or a princess, there are supportive roles that are the base of the story and help the main characters achieve things.

Goodness grace, he’s not just beautiful, he speaks so wise and magical. I’m doomed. It made me a little sad though. I believe so much in him, it is unfair to not let him shine more.

- That’s such a nice thinking. But I have to disagree a bit. You are a prince no matter what. He began laughing and we continued.

- Okay, okay, I won’t say you are wrong. Next question.

- That’s all, I’m not saying I’m uninterested in your career, I look forward to all you do, but I just want to know more about yourself.

He looked at me mischievous, but I wasn’t shy and maintain his stare. I wasn’t going to give anything up and try my luck. We began talking about all sort of things and I was surprise how easy going he could be. I enjoyed talking to him and he seemed pleased too. Time passed quickly and we left the tea house. We began walking near the river. The air was cold, but the city lights were beautiful and inspired hope. We didn’t say much, just enjoyed our walk. We reached a cab station and I knew the date was coming to an end.

- It was a beautiful time, wasn’t it, Kim Cass?

His questions startled the silence. I looked at him and in that moment I realized I fell for him. You know that feeling when you look at a dear one and your heart fills with warm? It was like that.

- Very beautiful. Thank you.

-Me too. His face became serious and he continued. I can’t say for sure when we are going to meet up next, we’ll have a busy schedule for the next few weeks.

-I understand, I said sadly. I knew what I was getting into.

-Cheer up, baby, cheer up, baby, he began singing and I just laugh. He was so cute and random.

-I forbid you to forget me, he said as he was getting closer to a cab.

- Should I wave a white…. Like you are going to war?

- Two dramatic kings, I like it, he said chuckling. He gave me a quick hug which stopped my heart and got into the cab. Goodbye, he said waving. I waved him back and as the cab was leaving, he got his head out of the window and shouted that he’ll back and I should wait for him.

Why was this so romantic? I feel like a teenager. I headed home where I found Ah Lee waiting for me, anticipating and smiling. I told her all about the date. I fell asleep late, couldn’t sleep because of the happiness.

The weeks following were mostly boring, except the fact that we texted daily. It was so nice to talk to him. At first I couldn’t believe that someone who looks like him and seems so cold and majestic could be so warm and caring. I was so glad when I was working, but I took a break and I already had a message from him. Don’t get me wrong, I was texting him like crazy too. I was enormously happy when they had their first win with their comeback. When they ended their promotions, we went out to celebrate, Ah Lee and I, B.A.P and a few of their friends. Meanwhile Ah Lee’s relationship with Yongguk got better and if luck and faith was with her, they could began dating already. I discussed the matter with Himchan and we both agreed that they liked each other but were just being stubborn. We didn’t stay much that night and I felt so sorry I couldn’t get closer to Himchan.

The bomb fell a week later when news broke out that my manager was dating Baro. It was a little article stating their close relationship, but you know how the fans are. Honestly, I wasn’t aware of their so called close relationship, but it didn’t mean anything to me. She was friendly and confessed to me that they went out a couple of times, but they weren’t romantically involved as I stated to the press. Fans began comenting the matter on my sns and I wasn’t glad to me. Ah Lee apologized and I couldn’t stay mad at her, it wasn’t her fault after all, she just got unlucky. It was late at night, I was staying in my bed, texting Himchan who was being all supportive when I got a text.

From Ah Lee:

Ajusshi, I’m sorry for all the trouble I’ve caused you lately. I booked a flight for us tomorrow afternoon. We are going to spend a week at Jeju island. I can’t arrange you meetings with idols at the time being, so it’s better if we take a holiday. My treat. See you tomorrow at the airport.

I sighed and went along. Himchan was busy and there was nothing to do here. It seems that we got to a point in our relationship where things just were. No going forward, gladly not going backwards.

To Himchan:

Guess what? I’m going to Jeju island tomorrow. I’ve never been there before. Ah Lee is feeling guilty and we staying there for a week.

From Himchan:

Cool. How come you’ve never been there? It’s like heaven. Be sure you send me pictures.

To Himchan:

I will. I have to start packing. I checked the weather, it will be good.

From Himchan:

Awesome. I’ll go to sleep. Pack fast so you can get some sleep.

To Himchan:

Good night.

I was feeling a little disappointed I couldn’t see him before I left, but didn’t want to push it. I arrived at the airport the next day. I had a bigger luggage than most of the people. We got in the plane and as I was trying to take a place near Ah Lee, she pushed me and attentioned me that my seat wasn’t there. I checked my ticket and saw that she was correct, my seat was two rows ahead. I left her with some odd dude, he was covered all up, who wears sun glasses in an airplane, and headed to my seat. My big surprise was that my companion was Himchan.

- Liar, what are you doing here?

-I’m going to a trip, you, he asked smiling brightly.

- Me too, I replied full of joy. I looked behind and saw that the strange man sitting next to Ah Lee was Yongguk, the other boys were also in the back.

- They are trying to fix their relationship, said Himchan pointing to Yongguk and Ah Lee. We know she’s just a friend a Baro, Yongguk spoke personally with him. He went along with his friends, you know them, the big guys with tattoos? They have the talent to succed in being persuasive, he said chuckling.

- We all needed a vacation, I said closing my eyes and relaxing in my chair.

I soon opened them in shock when I felt he took my hand in his. I looked at him but he had his eyes closed. I relaxed and closed mine too. This was going to be a moment in a lifetime. How twisted the fate is, one bad thing lead to a good one.

We arrived shortly at the island and the hotel, ate and each one of us went to do something. We paired up: Daehyun and Youngjae went to an icecream shop nearby, there was always room for dessert for them, Jonggup, Zelo, Yongguk and Ah Lee went to the beach, the first ones to attempt surfing (they began doing it in Hawai but they wanted to make their skills better) while the other two wanted a sun tan. Himchan and I went for a walk and ended up on a beautiful cliff. We could see a breathtaking view from there. The blue water, the warm sun, the trees, all of it made the scene astonishing.

- Do you like it, Himchan asked.

- I love it, I stated smiling and looking at the landscape. I was reluctant in coming here at first, didn’t really want to come, but I’m glad I did.

- Here in Korea or on the Jeju island?

- Now that you ask, both I think. I wasn’t sure about anything and I thought about returning a lot at the beginning.

- It’s not where you wanna go, it’s where you wanna stay. And with whom, he said seriously.

- I agree, I said giving him a smile. I didn’t like it when he was all serious, especially now, I wanted him to enjoy his time.

- I like you, Himchan said all of the sudden and my face fell. I turned to him to see if he was really speaking to me and he was. I blushed a little, of course I was feeling the same way, I was waiting for this for a while to a point I wasn’t sure it would happened in this lifetime.

- I like you too, I said shyly and looking at the ground.

- So you will be my boyfriend, that’s awesome, Himchan said so casually.

- Of course, I said chuckling, my face becoming redder than it was before. He kissed my cheek and sealed it.

Ladies and gentlemen, that was the moment I proudly became the boyfriend of the most handsome and adorable man on this planet. Of course times weren’t always pinkeu pinkeu, but we had each other, our friends and our dreams. Don’t be cowards and start dreaming. If you want it badly enough, it will come to you.