chapter 2

Your stone is the diamond

Let’s just feel lucky and rest a while, I thought as I got up and headed home. I heard my phone ring and when I opened I saw a new message from an unknown number.

From unknown number:

Hello. You didn’t get to ask me anything today. I am curious what your question would have been.

I thought it was a mistake than it triggered me. It couldn’t be, right? Crazy thought, it can’t be. I brushed the air with my hand thinking about that crazy possibility. Now I’m the one curious. So I took the phone and began writing.

To unknown number:

Excuse me, but I ask questions daily. With whom do I have the honor?

From unknown number:

Your memory is short. It’s Kim Himchan.

I think that I was a stone for 10 seconds. I began breathing unevenly but tried to focus nonetheless. It’s not unusual to keep in contact with idols, I’ve done it before. They usually want to know how the article was or to edit something. Idols are pretty friendly actually. If you’re in this circle, I mean. And even for me. I once tried to date an idol, but we couldn’t have real dates, the reports were really scary. This was after I met EXO-CBX. There was something about Xiumin that always attracted me, he was so funny and easy going. We gave up the idea of dating, but remained friends. I didn’t want to cause him trouble in his career if I wasn’t sure we would work out as a couple. I like him, but I wanted to be sure that I don’t like him because of his fame aura. We still hang out sometimes and do what friends do, but I think that the timing for a relationship passed. And I don’t think I am ready to give our friendship for love. Or at least be tempted to try. But with Himchan, temptation was written all over him. I saved his number and replied him.

To Himchan.

The only and only, how can I forget? You weren’t expected today so I didn’t thought of anything to ask you. I was going to improvise. :P

Maybe I was too bold, but I wasn’t going to lose any chances anymore. I will take any opportunity that comes, because as far as we know now, we only live once. Just like Ravi’s chest says it. Damn it, I wish I’ll have an interview with them soon to ask him to hide it forever or to find some kind of spell to make my brain erase that information. DamnRa. Back on the track, what if Himchan doesn’t text me back? He’ll think I’m a fool and regret texting me.

From Himchan:

When is the article going to be released?

He did responded, yey!

To Himchan:

Next Tuesday, so in a week.

From Himchan:

Let’s meet on Friday for a coffee and you can ask me anything. In this way you’ll be able to include me in the article and have a nice date with this gorgeous man.

I almost choked at the last part. He wanted a date? With me? I had to sat down on the leather couch in my office. Of course I wanted to go. But it’s one thing to be cool alone in the room and other to keep my compuser in front of that gorgeous man, to quote him.

To Himchan:

Sure. I’ll see you Friday.

I went straight home that evening and as I wanted to open up a bottle of wine to celebrate, Ah Lee enters the house.

- Good to see you, darling, I have awesome news, I said waving the bottle of wine to her as she took her shoes off. But I noticed her face fell when she saw it.

- Don’t say the word wine in front of me anymore.

- Why, what happened? You don’t look drunk. She leaned back the wall and started to tell me.

- I was at B.A.P’s dorm with my friend that wanted to meet their manager. And of course, I hoped that it would also a chance for me and Yongguk to be on better terms. We only got to stay a little in their living room, Zelo was playing some vieo games and Himchan was sitting on the couch with his phone. I thought the others were gone and felt kind of frustrated. I wanted to leave quickly and when I turned to leave, I stumbled across Yongguk, she said as she lowered her eyes.

- That’s great, you saw him, I replied.

- I said I stumbled across him, like almost fall.

- That sounds romantic, I giggled.

- I broke his bottle of wine. It looked so expensive. I apologized and offered to pay for it, but he didn’t say anything. He just stared at me. I think he was so angry he wanted to kill me. I feel so ashamed.

- Don’t worry, I’m sure he’ll get over it. He would’ve accepted the payment if he was really angry or something, I said trying to comfort her.

- Thanks, I thought of texting you just in case I was murdered. If I die in the next couple of days, you know who did it.

I started laughing. She always had that morbid sense of humor.

- He won’t. Who would want to kill a cute creature like you? And remember that from hate is just a step to love.

- You’re so sweet, stop it. Why are you in such a good mood anyway?

- I have a date.

- Already? I thought you were still under B.A.P’s effect.

- It is related to them. Directly, I said giving my best smile.

I told her about my conversation. You know the feeling when you’re telling your bestfriend something exciting and the happiness just seems to double? It was like that.

I had two days to prepare for the date. I thought about my outfit, but nothing seemed to satisfy me so I became a little moody. In the end I decided I need to do some shopping, maybe it will relax me. Ah Lee was busy, so I texted Xiumin to see if he was available.

To Xiuminnie:

Hey. Are you free? I need to do some shopping.

I wasn’t expecting much, he was probably busy, but I missed him a little, we didn’t hang out in a while. Spending time with him was a good idea, it will help me get Himchan out of you head. If only he were free. Just as I thought that, my phone beeped.

From Xiuminie:

Kyaaa. You’re lucky, I’m free. Haven’t heard from you for some time. Let’s meet this afternoon at the mall.

To Xiuminnie:

Yes, I’m the lucky one, see you.

There were a couple of hours since our meeting, so I finished some papers at my office, than headed to the mall. The mall was a quiet one, I’ve met with Xiumin here before. We would always be cautious, but it was bearable. I found him near an animal shop, looking through a window to a pair of small rabbits. I could hardly recognize him, he was wearing sunglasses and a blue hoodie with a denim jacket.

- Hey, stranger, I saluted him. He turned and gave me that cute smile that tickles my heart every time.

- Annyeong, he said hugging me. How are you?

- Fine, what are you looking at?

- Look at those rabbits, they are so cute.

- Not as cute as you, I said poking his cheek. My cheesy line made both of us laugh.

- What do you want to buy, he asked as we drifted from the animal shop and starting to walk around the shops.

- I’m looking for some clothes, it’s like I don’t have anything right to wear.

- You sound like a girl, he commented laughing. What’s the occasion?

- I have a date and I want to it to turn out well.

He began to walk more slowly and his face became a little sad. I thought we were past this, that we made clear we weren’t going to try anything more. I stoped and turned at him.

- You know I cherish you.

- I do, he said not looking at me. As a friend, he mumbled.

- Xiumin, you know I don’t want to make you unhappy, but…

- You know what will made me happy? If you will wear what I choose for your date. And I have an amazing idea, he said proudly, than taking my hand and dragging me to the shop near us. Look, this is a great shirt, wear it, I think you will look so cool, he said pointing at a shirt.

I stepped near it and took it in my hands. The material seemed okay, the color, a pastel yellow was not what I preferred but there was no way I would approve the print.

- This is weed, you fool, I said to him. I’m not going to wear this for my date.

- Why not, he chuckled. It insinuates you have hiiiiigh expectations and you think hiiiiighly of the person, he said, forcing him not to burst laughing.

This was the Xiumin I liked, the living sunshine. The smiling sunshine. I ended up buying a simple shirt, I’m just going to be myself. Xiumin and I didn’t talk more about my date, we just enjoyed the time we spend together. We had a light dinner than parted ways.

The next I was busy with work and writing. Ah Lee managed to settle an last minute interview with three members of B1A4, Baro, Jinyoung and Sandeul. I wasn’t that into their music, so I had to do some research. The interview went well, except the parts were my phone kept beeping because of the text Ah Lee sended to me.

Ask Sandeul how is Ken.

I’ll buy you something, just ask him if Ken is as handsome as he appears on the screen.

Pleaseeeee.

I gave her a death glare to stop, but their manager asked her something and her attention was fortunately shifted from me.

The boys were funny actually. Didn’t think I would like them that much. I’ll keep an eye on them in future. I worked late that evening, but I wanted to be free tomorrow, the big day.