5/?

The Other Boy

                Saying Sungmin was scared was an understatement. He was petrified. Some man just tried to kill Henry after killing his grandparents! THEN, the man jumped OUT THE WINDOW and disappeared! There was no body on the ground ‘nor a man hanging off a windowsill. By the time Leeteuk and Heechul had gotten to the hospital and up to Henry’s room, Sungmin was huddled on the chair next to Henry’s bed, shaking and gripping Henry’s hand with a wild look in his eyes.

                Leeteuk coaxed Sungmin into letting go of Henry’s hand and into his arms, which once in them, he was sobbing. No matter how much they tried, Sungmin just couldn’t relax. In the end, he received a sedative shot; Heechul watching with dread as Sungmin went limp in the elder’s arms. It wasn’t a pretty sight, seeing your dongsaeng lifeless after screaming about a man and how fiercely he reacted to Heechul advancing to Henry. His hair was all over the place and even in a sedative sleep, his face contorted of pain, restlessness, and anguish.

                Soon tears leaked from Heechul’s eyes and no matter how much he wiped, they just would not stop. Leeteuk cautiously walker over after setting Sungmin carefully into the chair and took Heechul’s hands in his own, smiling gently before pulling him into his arms. Without Leeteuk speaking, Heechul could feel the unsaid. It’s going to be okay.

 

- - -

 

                Sungmin had woken up and immediately made his way to Henry, gripping his hand tightly as he scowled at the doctors. He flinched at every move made as the doctors progressed, checking Henry’s stats. Sungmin finally relaxed as he noted everyone gone with the exception of Leeteuk and Heechul sleeping in the corner. The older boy Henry’s cheek, smiling as he sighed. “Henry-ah, aren’t you going to wake up soon? It’s been one day and I miss you like crazy,” Sungmin chuckled darkly, scowling to himself.

                “Would you believe me if I told you about the man? I don’t know what he was doing; I thought he was going to kill you!  I don’t want to lose you, you’re my…best friend,” Sungmin said unsurely, gripping the hand tighter. Was he just his best friend?  Was he more; Sungmin didn’t know and didn’t want to find out. He shouldn’t think about his “brother” like this, it was just wrong! Sungmin groaned and let his head hit the bed, breathing in the deep, hospital smell.

                Sungmin was trying to determine what it smelled like when he felt Henry’s hand twitch. The boy shot up, eyes darting from the hand to Henry’s face in search for any sign that he woke up. He carefully poked Henry’s cheek earning a twitch and one eye cracking open. “Henry?” Sungmin squeaked, eyes glowing with hope. It looked like Henry tried to speak, but all that came out was a gurgle.

                “You’re awake! I’ll get the doctor!” Sungmin cried, finger about to press the call button, but Henry’s hand caught his wrist. Sungmin looked over to catch Henry shaking his head. He motions for a pencil and paper to which Sungmin immediately grabs from Heechul’s bag, thanking the lord that Heechul loves to write. Henry writes his message before handing over the pad to Sungmin. It wasn’t a dream was it? Sungmin shakes his head sadly to which Henry chokes out a sob. “I’m sorry Henry. I’m so, so sorry. Don’t worry, I WILL protect you from now on,” Sungmin scowled at himself, clenching his fist that wasn’t holding Henry’s hand.

                Sungmin looked back at Henry to see him smiling up at him. His hand stretched up and cradled Sungmin’s face, his smile faltering as Sungmin leaned into the touch instinctively. Henry removed his hands, missing the frown Sungmin gave off for a split second and grabbed his notepad. How are Heechul-hyung and Leeteuk-hyung? Sungmin read and smiled gently. “Heechul has been crying for you and Leeteuk is trying to stay strong for all of us, but his façade is dropping,” Sungmin sighed, rubbing the back of Henry’s hand with his thumb.

                Henry’s shocked expression made Sungmin giggled, bringing the back of his hand to cover his mouth. “Yes, Heechul-hyung actually cried for you. Don’t look so surprised, you know he has a soft spot for you and Hae,” Sungmin chuckled, ruffling Henry’s hair. Henry smiled, his eyes crinkling at the ends. Have you left at all? What about school? Sungmin shook his head and smiled again at the way Henry would care for others before himself. “Forget about that, you should really tell the doctor you’re awake,” Sungmin scolded, ignoring Henry’s exasperated look. Henry sighed and nodded at the button. Call them.

 


A/N: Pretty calm compared to the last two. A little short too. Anyways, thanks to yuesan, Michiru097, darexvyn, wookiebear, and skullboy for commenting and MUSHDINO-x, skullboy and wookiebear for subscribing! Thank you loves! <333