You have a girlfriend, I don't have a boyfriend

The Gray Area between Me and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4:  You have a girlfriend, I don't have a boyfriend







 

 



Upon reaching home, I proceeded with my usual routine of changing into my casual clothes then resting for a bit while checking my SNS.

 

Guess what, I thought not replying to a person's text clearly sent another message that meant, 'Hey, maybe I don't wanna talk with you anymore. Bug someone else.'

 

Certainly, Kwon Jiyong didn't get the message because he sent me another text. Sighing, I opened it.

 

'Are u home? :)'

 

Seriously, he's probably doing a better job than my actual parents for making sure I got home and stuff.

 

Ugh, what does he want?? Leave me be!

 

I decided to just reply to get this over with.

 

'Yeah, I'm home.'

 

'Good. Have u eaten?' Yet he still sent another text.

 

'Nope.'

 

'U ok? You seem off...'

 

I literally rolled my eyes after reading. Well, it was because you're awful and being a huge flirt when you were already taken! Who does that? ONLY KWON JIYONG!

 

'Nah, i'm fine'

 

'Promise?'

 

'Yeah...'

 

'Hey is it because i didnt speak to u when i went to Chae?'

 

E X C U S E ME??????? No way I'd feel bad just because you did not talk to me! This guy thinks too much of himself, huh?

 

'No of course not! Speaking, i didnt know u and Chae were close?'

 

'Then why do u seem to be in a bad mood? About me and Chae, how was i to tell when u didnt ask'

 

Was he thinking or what?? Like, why the hell would I even ask that??? Ugh, this conversation is just literally pissing me off more.

 

'I'm not in a bad mood, ok? Chae told me u have a girlfriend' For some unknown reason, my fingers automatically typed the latter statement. I wasn't able to stop myself and just pressed send.

 

'Yes i do. thought u already know?'

 

HEOL???? We just started talking yesterday! And he didn't mention anything about it. Does he think I was God who knew everything?

 

Why was I even confirming this matter in the first place? Gah, to hell with it.

 

'Nope i didnt'

 

'I thought the entire block already knew coz when we had that block lunch during the first day, it became a topic and they kinda even interrogated me about it. haha it was funny coz it was as if having a gf was so cool to them'

 

The guy was sooo bragging about it. So he thought people spread the news through gossip? God, I wanted to punch his face.

 

And I remembered I did not go to that block lunch he was talking about which was most probably why I didn't know.

 

'oh i didnt go thats why i didnt know'

 

'yeah i looked for u and u werent there'

 

Thud, thud . Said my heart. H-he...what?

 

 

 

... ..no nO NOOOOO, kokoro don't beat abnormally like that! You didn't like what he said! You're just tired that's why you're glitching like this!

 

And stupidly, I even continued to ask,

 

'u were looking for me?'

 

'haha yeah..but don't mind it, that's nothing ;P'

 

Tch. See? This conversation wasn't making any sense. Better really end it now.

 

'Hey i gtg'

 

'Why? :c will u be back?' Boy, i got to study you know.

 

'Ill be back in uhmm...5 hours?' Hopefully, I do finish in five hours.

 

'Are you going out with ur boyfriend?' BOYFRIEND????

 

I was shookt. Where the hell did the boyfriend thing come from?? Did he know something I didn't? Like did I earn myself a guy without me knowing???

 

'No! Wherever from hell did that come from but to be clear I don't have a boyfriend. Like never did I once have lol' uh..did that sound bitter?

 

'Really? :>'

 

I literally made a straight face. What's up with this guy? Can't he just stop rubbing it in my face that I have been single since I was brought to Earth.

 

'Yes, really. And I really have to go now because I have to study. Stop imagining stuff about my non-existent love life.'

 

'Haha ok ok, ill wait for u :)'

 

I wanted to say he didn't have to but that would be rude. So fine he can do whatever he wanted.

 

I went on with the things I had to do.

 

Few minutes into the tasks and I found myself already spacing out. Ugh, and I knew it was because of him.

 

I hated to say this, but he had made an effect on me. I could not concentrate on my work since I knew I had somebody waiting on me.

 

No!!! I shook my head, breathed deeply and tried to gain back focus.

 

Erase him from your thoughts, Dara. He was just saying that, who are you for him to wait? He wouldn't do that! He was probably the one who's gonna go out with his girl for all we know.

 

I nodded as if agreeing to the thoughts speaking inside my head. With head on, I faced the pile of readings waiting for me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sun was gone and the only light seeping through my windows were the ones coming from the yellow street lights outside. The digital clock at the side of my study table blinked '11:49'. I stared at it as I felt my eyes slowly fluttering to a close.

 

But just when my head was about to fall flat on the unfinished readings sprawled in front of me, my phone, which was on the bed, beeped and broke the sleepy feeling.

 

I rubbed my eyes before standing up from my desk and walked my way to the bed.

 

I plopped myself on the bed and ooh how soft it was, such temptation to just sleep now. But nah, gotta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter