Manwhore, beware!

The Gray Area between Me and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3: Manwhore, beware!

 

 

 

 

 

That tomorrow I was a little bit anxious about unavoidably came and here I was entering our classroom.

 

I swiftly took a sweep scan across our room to check who was already in.

 

I found myself making a little sigh of relief when I saw no trace of Kwon Jiyong. He better not come in yet because I hadn’t planned how I was going to talk to him, nor face him at the least. I walked my way to my chair which was beside Chaerin, who was already peacefully sitting there with her earphones plugged in her ears.

 

Realizing I came in, she took her earphones off and kept them away in her bag, “Good morning Dara!” she cheerfully chirped. “Come, sit! Sit!” she excitedly told me.

 

What’s with the bursting excitement? I wondered and took my backpack off then sat on my seat.

 

“Hey, Chaerin! What’s up?” I smiled.

 

“I have something to tell you” she whispered then giggled.

 

“But first promise me you won’t judge me.” She asked while raising her pinky finger for a pink promise which without any hesitation I gladly took.

 

“I promise.” I said and grinned. A happy feeling rising in my chest. I felt a really good connection with Chaerin. It’s like we were destined to be best pals.

 

“I think I have a crush on someone here in our block” she shyly said.

 

My eyes grew wide, “OMG! Who????” Then it had me wondering, was there a cutie in the room? I realized I hadn’t checked out my guy classmates since I was busy sashaying away from the male species for the past days.

 

My eyes went scanning the room again to spot if there was a cute guy when Chaerin playfully slapped my arm.

 

“Shhh! Tone it down, the others might hear. And stop searching I can literally see your eyes scanning out the room. He isn’t here yet anyway.” She chuckled.

 

“Fine, fine” I waved my hand dismissively.

 

“I’ll tell you once he gets in” she winked.

 

“Okie dokie” I giggled, feeling excited to know who the guys was. I was all out ready to cheer her on.

 

While waiting, I decided to fix my things first to get ready for our first subject. As I was bent down and getting my notebook out from my bag that was placed on the floor, Chaerin suddenly started hitting my back.

 

“Dara, Dara, he’s here! Oh my gahd, he’s here! What are you even doing there? Get yourself back up here!!” she half-whispered, half-screamed through the little opening she made of her lips.

 

“Ow, ow! I’m getting up okay, calm down Chae!” I retorted. And as I rose back up, my eyes met with another pair of brown eyes belonging to a man who just entered the classroom’s door.

 

I quickly shifted my eyes somewhere else.

 

“Did you see him?” Chaerin asked.

 

“Y-yeah!” Dear God, I couldn’t believe this.

 

“His name is Kwon Jiyong” Chaerin said. I gulped and pulled up a face pretending it was my first time knowing that guy was Kwon Jiyong. And that we weren’t just texting last night. Goodness, damn me if I didn’t feel terrible. I FELT LIKE I WAS CHEATING AND I WANTED TO BURY MYSELF!! Eottoke?!

 

“A-ah, Jiyong?”

 

“Yup!” she said with a pop in the end. She took my right arm in her embrace as she was getting all giddy while she stole glances of him.

 

So Jiyong was sitting after two rows in front of us, near the aisle where the chairs were separated, and where the teachers usually walk when they lectured.

 

“Isn’t he cute, Darong?” hearing the nickname Chaerin made for me had me feeling worse. Nicknames meant there was a special bond. Knowing that I was keeping something from Chaerin felt like I was tarnishing this friendship we just freshly built. I hate you really, Jiyong!

 

“Dara!” Chaerin called my attention.

 

“Y-yeah?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter