He thinks I’m a snub

The Gray Area between Me and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[PLEASE READ THE VERY IMPORTANT A/N AFTER THIS CHAPTER. THANKS! ^_^]

 

 

CHAPTER 2: He thinks I’m a snub

 

 

 

 

University officially had started and fortunately my fear that I would become a major loner loser did not materialize as I was able to gain some new friends.

 

I got seated together with three other girls at the last row and thank God, our personalities instantly clicked. The chair at my left was vacant while the person that occupied the chair at my right was named Lee Chaerin. Next to her was Park Bom and the girl at the opposite end was named Gong Minzy.

 

I’d been acquainted to some other blockmates, but I hadn’t made friends with everybody in the room. Anyway, the first few days felt nice as everybody was being chummy and each one seemed to be starting with a new slate, making it easy for me to fit in. Although, I could not deny it was still easier for me to make friends with females than males. I uncontrollably start acting like a shrinking mushroom everytime a guy blockmate approached me. In my defense, I swore I was trying my best to be equally sociable!

 

On other note, as I had expected work load were heavier compared to before. A few days into the start of the school year and we were already given several research tasks to do. I expected that anyway, so I wasn’t complaining. I totally got engrossed with school stuff that I totally forgot about that incident with Kwon Jiyong on facebook. The fact that he was among the people I was sharing the classroom with even slipped my mind.

 

But that Kwon Jiyong-free life didn’t last long.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After about a week from when uni started, I was not still accustomed to commuting my way home. The journey to school and back to our house still tire the living bajeezas outta me.

 

“I’m home” I said to no particular person as soon as I stepped in the house then I walked my way to my room. I took my phone from inside my bag before I started undressing to change into casual clothes.

 

After changing, I slumped myself to bed with my phone at hand and as if automatic, I went to check my social media account.

 

As I was scrolling though twitter, I received a text message from an unknown number. My eyes narrowed at the suspicious text message. Curious, I opened the message:

 

‘Hi!’ it said.

 

My right brow raised. Hi my arse, who the hell are you? My y inner thoughts said. But at the back of my mind I had an inkling from whom it possibly was.

 

The politer side of me knew it had to be courteous so I typed in a reply, “Hi to you too. But may I know who’s this?”

 

In less than a nano-second, a reply came in.

 

‘It’s me, Jiyong. :)’

 

Damn the world if my gut-feel didn’t know any better! But how the hell did he get my number? I mean if I recalled correctly, we never talked even a single bit in school? Only then it occurred to me that yeah, he never approached or made himself known to me ever since uni started.

 

It had me thinking, could that incident on facebook just be a tester to find out who’s gonna bite his bait and to fish out which girls he could hit on?

 

Pretending I wasn’t curious of how he got my number I replied, “Oh. Hi Jiyong! :)” yes damn right put a smiley face to appear humanly. 

 

In my head, aside from kinda judging him, I was already wracking for possible ways on how he got my contact information.

 

Then the answer dawned at me when I remembered leaving my number under a post our virtual prez left in our section’s facebook account. It was a night before the first day of univ when she wrote that post, so we could contact each during the first day. Yep, they were that excited for college. Told you they were extra chummy.

 

I face palmed myself. I didn’t think that through, gah!

 

Now what if he asked why did I not reply to his chat before?? WHAT WAS I TO SAY????? That I fell into a coma that night and had amnesia the next day making me totally forgot about it???

 

Not much later my phone beeped again and I dreaded what was he gonna say next.

 

‘So what’s up?’ PHEW! At least he didn’t begin with what I had in mind!

 

Okay Dara, you better not lead this conversation to bringing up that facebook thing or else you’re dead.

 

‘Nothing much. I literally just got home haha’ yup, put a “haha” to sound friendly and fun. Yes, I’m the master of text messaging language. Note: Please do sense my sarcasm.

 

‘I see. Well, I’m still at school’

 

‘Why? Don’t you feel like going home yet?’

 

‘Nah, it’s kinda boring at home’

 

‘Ah, i see’ Even though I wasn’t much of an expert at texting, I knew I was doing a terrible job at keeping the conversation going. Well this conversation wasn’t going anywhere anyway.

 

I thought my last reply was a conversation-ender but the hell nah, Kwon Jiyong sent in another message.

 

‘Hey’ he said. Hasn’t he lost interest at me yet??

 

‘Yup?’ Okay Dara, there’s nothing wrong if you entertain him more a bit.

 

‘Why are you a snub to me in school?’

 

ME??????? A SNUB??????????? When the hell was I a snub to him!!! WE NEVER TALKED AT SCHOOL WHAT WAS

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter