Boys are a no, no!

The Gray Area between Me and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1: Boys are a no, no!

 

 

After four years of fun and tiny struggles in high school, well here it was, College.

 

Most of my schoolmates from my old school were eager to get the hell out from our strict, all-girls and parochial alma mater, all excited to get that little “liberation” they expect ”university life” would give. But unlike them, I didn’t feel that same excitement and to say the least I was a bit scared.

 

It’s not the idea of the heavy academic requirement that made me fear. Not to brag but I can easily deal with school work. It was  the idea that there would be B-O-Y-S around which got me dreadful.

 

For ten freaking years (that’s primary school plus high school), I’ve been living almost like a nun isolated from the male species. Aside from my brother and father, I didn’t have any other form of close relation with the opposite gender. So you can’t just expect me to be all fine about the new environment. Plus the fact that I have heard from some high school friends and seen from TV shows how teenage boys could go all flirty with you the first minute then breaking your heart the next? No, thank you. I’d like my heart happy and healthy and rather have girl friends all my life.

 

 

However, that idea was far-fetched and simply impossible. (insert deep sigh here L)

 

 

 

 

 

I was sitting with my laptop in front me, chatting with one of my high school friends, just talking about random stuff while I lurked in the facebook group account of my first ever block in college.

 

Here’s a side story for you all. It took me a week to finally be included in this group account! I spent that entire week dumbly waiting for somebody to add me in the group because I thought an “upper somebody” had a complete list of the names of all the freshmen in our course and would sort us in our respective section facebook groups. But obviously that “upper somebody” didn’t exist (EL-OH-EL ME). Somebody had to initiate to make the group account and the others would just have to find out about it. How? It’s a mystery.

 

By some ways, I managed to find and send a request to join my section’s group account and lah, my request got accepted. Not just that, to my utter horror, the person acting as admin and virtual president of our section POSTED MY PROFILE PICTURE AND NOW WITH FREAKING GLITTERY TEXT STICKING ON IT SAYING “WELCOME TO THE BLOCK DARA PARK!” I didn’t know which one should I bury first, myself or that virtual president??? My profile picture was silently living its life as a profile picture! WHY DID SHE HAVE TO MURDER EDIT IT WITH GLITTERY TEXT FROM IDK WHICH ONLINE SITE?! 

 

But since I wanted to start nicely, I just commented “thank you!” on that stupid post even when all I wanted to do was ask her to D E L E T E it. Anyway, my other blockmates started welcoming me through comments. Geez, I felt like a well-received star all thanks to ya virtual prez (snorts).

 

Soon after, my first set of blockmates started adding me and well, I didn’t want to be a snob so I accepted their requests. Yes, even the ones coming from guys...even if I felt uneasy about it (/ ^ \)

 

 

 

 

 

So back to the main story, I was scrolling through the several posts and comments my blockmates had already made during the time I wasn’t there yet. I wanted to sob as I read their random conversations because it was as if they were all friends with each other already and I was just there feeling jealous a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter