Almost

Red (MiMo collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I loved you more, I loved you most... Almost

A/N: Okay people, first of all hello lovelies! <3 It has been so long since I met you here. I was reading through my folder on my desktop when I was writing my paper (I have a paper due and an exam to study for so please keep me in your prayers tysm and ilysm) and I found this. So, it isn't based on a Taylor Swift song. BUT!!! It does have something to do with Taylor Swift (very heavily) and I'm hoping that my fellow Swifties will be able to point it out. Should I give an incentive? Hmm, the first person to get it right, I will get in touch and try to write the MiMo content you request. How about that? Hehe so, tell me in the comments what it is okay!! Anyway, this time, this story is based on Megan & Liz - Almost. When I read it earlier, I was a bit confused on what I was writing about so yeah, don't ask me anything because I might not be able to answer. Hehe. All in all, it's a bit out of nowhere and a bit different to what I usually write. But I hope you like it! <3 Will be back with better content next time! Til then, please enjoy ~

[+/+ ] - Flashback

It was another Thursday for Momo. She sat in her personal office in the dance studio she ran with her sister and her long time best friend. She was sat at the desk in her office analysing a dance video on her laptop. The head of the dance studio aka her sister, Hana had come up with a new choreography for the studio’s upcoming Dance Bash, an annual gathering they always have in collaboration with other dance studios in their district. She was brainstorming any possible ideas to improve the choreography as Hana would always push her to contribute her thoughts and ideas before finalising any major choreography.

*Knock Knock*

The knocking sound on her door brought Momo out of her thoughts. She snapped her head to the door of her personal office when she heard the faint squeak of the door handle being turned. The door creaked open and a blonde’s head was seen peering in from the other side.

“Busy?” Sana enquired with a smile. Momo gave her a smile before shaking her head. Sana beamed before pushing the door wider and letting herself in. Sana closed the door behind her before striding her way to Momo’s desk.

“What’s up?” Momo asked as she watched Sana take a seat in one of the seats on the opposite side of her desk.

“Just stopping by to say hi.” The blonde shrugged before letting her eyes wonder around Momo’s office for a while.

“Hi.” Momo responded, already used to her best friend’s random, purposeless and unannounced appearances in her life.

She watched as Sana beamed at her again before occupying herself with the various decoration items Momo had lined up at the edge of her desk. Momo shook her head lightly before turning her attention back to the screen of her laptop.

In a matter of milliseconds, Sana found herself restless once more- after losing her brief interest in the various souvenir collection display Momo had set up. Sana puffed her cheeks up and let her eyes wonder around the office before setting it back to her best friend.

Sana eyed her best friend intently for a while. Sana cleared and grinned one she heard Momo hum in acknowledgement.

“Have you listened to it yet?” Sana asked.

Momo froze for a moment. She knew what Sana was referring to. Twice, Asia’s top girl group, consisting of seven angels- had release a new album. It was the group’s first fully self-produced album. It was much anticipated by their fans. They also opened up in many interviews that they had included ‘juicy details’ in the album. So, these details caught part of Sana’s attention but what the blonde was very interested in was a thing to do with her – Myoui Mina.

+

Momo was on the train making her way back to the city after staying overnight at her parents’ house. She had travelled to the family house the evening before after realising that she had no classes to teach the following morning- only one in the evening. Thus, a little family time wouldn’t hurt. She managed to catch up with her parents over dinner and the morning spent together, leaving only after she had helped her mother clear the dishes from breakfast.

Momo glanced up to the train timeline information on the screen, she saw that she had a good hour left before reaching the city. Momo sighed and took out her phone in hopes of killing some time. She scrolled through her social media before checking the news. There was a trending topic on the entertainment section which had caught her attention as she selected it.

‘[EXCLUSIVE] TWICE spills the beans on upcoming album ‘Heart & Soul’

In the most recent live airing of the ‘That’s So Me!’ show hosted by Korea’s sweetheart, Jeon Somi, TWICE made a special appearance to share exclusive inside scoops of their very first self-produced album, ‘Heart & Soul’ that is set to be released just 2 days from now!

Momo smiled as she read the exciting article. She was happy that the group was doing so well and receiving so much love doing what they had always dreamt of doing. Momo scrolled through the article with interest- getting hyped for their comeback as well.

The article had highlighted how Twice had seriously invested their time throughout their past few comebacks to learn about composing and producing. They voiced their hopes for the album as well as their excitement and concerns of not being able to meet expectations. However, they also mentioned that it was an amazing experience gained by them and how they have grown as artists, regardless of the outcome. They also stressed that throughout their career, this album might just be where they were most honest about themselves.

Momo smiled- she had no doubt that the comeback was going to be yet another success for Asia’s Number 1 Girl Group. She scrolled down further after the end of the article. A separate heading caught her attention and made her click on it almost instantly.

‘[VIDEO] TWICE’s Mina Opens Up About A Past Love’

Momo bit her lip as she waited for the page to load. She furrowed her eyebrows- trying to guess what the article would offer- knowing that sometimes, these titles could very well be misleading.

TWICE’s Japanese member, Mina, expresses her excitement on TWICE’s most anticipated comeback album up to date and mentions juicy details about her solo track, ‘Almost’ in the group’s appearance on ‘That’s So Me!’ Watch the full video below!

Momo clicked ‘play’ without much thought. So, she may have known them personally and they were friends but Momo is also a ONCE, she wanted to know every possible detail about the Twice’s comeback as well- not to mention, it’s a video of Mina. So, there really wasn’t much to think about if Momo was being completely honest.

“It’s a different feeling. We had a few opportunities to participate in song writing and help contribute to the choreography of performances in our past comebacks but this album is entirely us. We really did put all our hearts and souls into it!”

Momo smiled at how enthusiastic Mina had sounded at the last line. Mina’s voice had always been soft and calm but the girl was speaking in a louder, more excited tone- her voice even cracked a little at the final word causing her group members to laugh and .

“There’s also a rumour going around that you wrote your solo track, ‘Almost’- about a past love. How true is that?” Somi asked with a smirk that had mirrored the other members’ expressions as they anticipated Mina’s answer.

Momo’s ears perked at that. There was the question that made every fan grin with glee thinking ‘Yay! It’s not just another clickbait!’

A soft smile made it to Momo’s face as she watched Mina get all shy upon hearing the question while Jihyo and Nayeon’s teasing intensified. Once the situation had settled down again, the penguin like idol let out a shy chuckle before answering the question asked.

“There’s someone very special to me. I thought about our relationship a lot and it inspired me to write this song.”

Momo’s eyebrows creased together as she was left to wonder if Mina had confirmed or denied the statement. ‘So it’s true?’

Momo then groaned internally once not being able to figure out the true context of Mina’s response- her fangirl side showing. Someone special could mean anyone, honestly. ‘These idols are always so vague. They love teasing us!’

“So, is it a sad song?” Somi asked. Mina’s lips pursed together- thinking of a suitable response before answering.

“It has a bittersweet feel to it and while I had implied where I thought our story would lead to in the song- nothing’s set in stone. I believe that anything can happen.”

“Ooo~ Mina unnie is blushing!!” came Dahyun’s voice, leading yet another round of teasing.

“Well, Mina-ssi, why don’t you leave a message for this special someone then? Go ahead and give them a shout out and let them know they’re still on your mind.” Somi said as she gestured to the camera.

“This person knows.” Mina said confidently although her face was a red as could be. She chuckled a few times in attempt to calm herself down before looking straight into the camera.

Momo held her breath. She knew that Mina had probably stared at a camera that was at least 10 feet away but to Momo, it felt like Mina was staring straight at her. Momo felt her heartrate increase and held her breath, waiting for Mina’s response. She watched as the embarrassed expression slipped away from Mina’s face before a look of sincerity appeared. The girl group member took a breath-

“It’s you. It has always been you. Track 7.”

After the soft smile that Mina flashed after her answer, the video faded to black and the ‘replay’ icon appeared- indicating that the video had ended.

The video alone made Sana squeal in delight when Momo showed it to her upon reaching the studio. Sana had jumped up and down yelling incoherent words as she kept hitting her best friend’s shoulder in excitement.

“It’s so about you!” Sana concluded.

“What? Don’t be ridiculous Sana! It’s probably about Jennie Kim or Choi Yuju.” Momo reasoned, using the two Korean idols that have been rumoured to be ‘associated’ with Mina before.

“Well I didn’t know that they spoke Japanese.” Sana retorted with a smirk.

“Eh?” came Momo’s oh so famous response to almost anything and everything.

Sana rolled her eyes good naturedly, she had expected this reaction. “Mina’s message was in Japanese, Mo!”

Momo froze. Momo tried to recall if the girl group member did in fact speak Japanese. She hadn’t realised. Momo’s eyes shifted from staring blankly into space to Sana’s smug expression.

“Technically they both do as they both have done Japanese promot-”

“Momoring.” Sana called out sternly – done with Momo’s … Momo-ness.

“Yeah w-well, still. That could mean anything.” Momo reasoned.

“Pfft, whatever!” Sana snorted before skipping her way out of Momo’s office.

“Where are you going?” Momo called, making Sana turn around.

“To Hana-chan; someone who’ll appreciate my observational and deduction skills!” after sticking her tongue out at the younger Hirai sister, Sana walked out the door and closed it behind her before shouting Hana’s name through the halls of the studio.

“Skills, my ” Momo muttered under her breath as she rolled her eyes at her best friend behaviour.

Sometime after the conversation with Sana, Momo found herself replaying the video again. She was surprised that the blonde squirrel was right. Momo fell into deep thought, wondering why she hadn’t realised Mina’s use of their mother tongue the first time she watched the video. But what shocked Momo the most was the text message she got from Mina 2 days later- the day the album dropped.

From Mina-chan:
Hey Momoring
Track 7 <3

+

Momo tore her eyes away from Sana and looked back at the paused thumbnail of Hana dancing on her laptop and tried to recall if she had a pair of dance pants similar to the one Hana had worn in the video- not wanting to think too much about Track 7 – even though it had been the only thing she had been thinking about for days now.

“Not yet.” Momo said very softly, unsure if she had intended for Sana to hear her or not.

“I see.” Sana trailed of as she nodded her head slowly, puffing up her cheeks. Momo glanced back up to her best friend-

“Have you?” Momo asked- although already knowing the answer.

Sana’s eyes lit up momentarily before she mocked hurt- placing her hands on her chest in an offended manner.

“When have I ever not listen to their song before as soon as it drops?” Sana challenged, gauging a chuckle from Momo who shook her head before turning her attention back to her laptop screen, fiddling her fingers on the touchpad.

“I’ve been streaming it since it was released this time.” Sana added. She then raised her eyebrows in defence when Momo had shot her a judgemental look.

“What? Hey, I’m helping them make a living okay!” Sana exclaimed once more causing Momo to snort.

“Forever a fangirl.” The light brown haired girl mumbled.

“It’s called being supportive but yes- fine. Forever a fangirl and proud of it!” Sana said, proudly acting cute. Momo chuckled before nodding away again, getting lost in thought yet again.

“How is the song?” Momo voiced out after some time, gaining Sana’s attention. “You know what I mean…”

“It’s honest.” Sana said, carefully picking out the right word. “It somewhat offers a closure of some sort. For me at least.”

“Because you were definitely affected.” Momo mocked, well naturedly.

“Hey! Of course I was. It was hard for me too you know.” Sana defended. Her voice softened just a bit when she continued, “You were so broken and it completely shattered my heart.”

Not knowing what to reply, Momo just nodded solemnly before fiddling with her touchpad yet again. The two fell into comfortable yet a tad awkward silence before the blonde spoke up again.

“No classes today?” Sana asked, tilting her head to one side. Momo glanced briefly at the clock display on her laptop, it showed 2:30 pm. Momo shook her head.

“Not until 4 pm.” Momo informed.

“Lucky! I’ve got the tiny terrors in half an hour.” Sana announced, referring to the kids’ dance class she was in charge of. Sana sighed as she hung her head in the air making Momo laugh at how dramatic her best friend was being.

“They love you” Momo said.

“That’s the problem! Everyone wants my attention and my hugs and kisses!” Sana whined, running her fingers through her hair. “It’s draining!”

“Wasn’t that your dream once? To have people all over you.” Momo teased and held back her laughs when Sana’s eyes immediately narrowed- glaring at her.

“Shut up! I didn’t mean 7 year olds!” Sana said.

“That’ll teach you to be more specific next time.” Momo commented, sticking her tongue out at the pretty blonde this time.

“Whatever. I’m leaving. You’re clearly going to bring all my dark pasts to light again.” Sana huffed before making her way to the door.

“Mo?” The blonde Japanese called out as she stop and turned in the middle of the doorway.

“Yeah?”

“Listen to the song.” Sana said in the softest voice before closing the door behind her.

--

Momo sighed for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter