How You Get the Girl

Red (MiMo collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina has a crush and asks Sana for advice.

A/N: Not a MiMo x TSwizzle story but it is a MiMo story I wrote during my two hour study break (wasn't supposed to be a break though, lol) So, please forgive me if there's any error in this story. I kinda wrote it without planning anything. I hope you like it! It's been a while since I've updated this series ~ I hope to update this more often. Until next time, take care! Love you! <3

“Thank you and have a nice day.” Came the angelic voice of the barista from over the counter after she had handed Mina her takeaway cup.

Mina smiled politely before she turned and left the café. She has been going to the same café every day for the past two months. Their coffee was good and all but the real reason why Mina kept coming back was because of the barista over the counter. When Mina first saw her, Mina just thought the girl was pretty. But after a few days, she realised that she might have started to develop a crush on the barista. Days turned to weeks turned to months and Mina’s crush was only getting stronger. She wanted so badly to ask the barista out but she was never an outgoing person or even a forward to begin with.

Mina’s day carried on with her trying to finish as much of her work load she could in the office. However, even though she worked efficiently and productively, Mina knew that the barista never left her mind. Just like most days since Mina had realised her crush on the barista, Mina spent the whole day just thinking about her. She sat in on a meeting for her boss after lunch and noticed that the coffee they had ordered was from the Brew-Crew. Mina couldn’t help but wonder all meeting long if it was her barista crush who had taken these orders. Just then, Mina knew she was in too deep. She really needed help in this.

Sana! Mina had exclaimed in her head when she was packing her things up at the end of the day. Mina had referred to her housemate who was probably the best person to help her in this situation considering her past dating record. Mina packed up the rest of her belongings before leaving the office quickly – eager to get home as soon as she could to seek Sana’s help.

Speaking of Sana – Sana was happy, she was over the moon, she was excited and content in that moment where she sat on the sofa of her and Mina’s shared apartment with Tzuyu in front of her. She hadn’t seen her girlfriend for more than a week since Tzuyu had to return home to Taiwan for her cousin’s wedding and being with each other again felt so nice.

After a long day at work, Sana was surprised to see Tzuyu when she exited her office building and saw her girlfriend waiting for her with a bouquet of flowers in her hand as she greeted the Japanese with a kind smile.  

Tzuyu was everything Sana had ever dreamt of and more. They met in university where Tzuyu was a year junior to her and Mina. Due to their night and day personalities, it wasn’t easy for Sana to win Tzuyu’s heart at first but in the end, they managed to get together and are still going strong in their third year of dating.

“You don’t know how much I’ve missed you.” Tzuyu said sweetly to the girl sitting next to her on the couch.

“Want to give me an idea?” Sana flirted in an innocent tone that made Tzuyu chuckle.

The taller girl nodded before leaning in slowly to Sana who leant in as well. Sana cupped Tzuyu’s cheek and was about to close the gap in between them when the sound of the front door opening and closing interrupted them.

“Sana I need your help!” Came Mina’s distressed voice from the entrance.

Sana let her hand slide down from Tzuyu’s cheek and groaned as she let her head hang back, shutting her eyes in annoyance. “Myoui, I’m going to kill you.”

The girl opposite her however just giggled at the sight before her frustrated girlfriend before waiting for Mina to join them in the living room. Once Mina stumbled in, Sana was still annoyed at the younger Japanese for ruining her moment with Tzuyu.

“Hi Mina unnie!” Tzuyu smiled adorably up to Mina who smiled back just as kindly.

“Tzuyu! When did you get back?! How was the wedding?” Mina asked excitedly as she bent forward to give the youngest of the three a side hug.

“Just this morning.” Tzuyu answered as she happily returned Mina’s hug. “The wedding was good.”

“Welcome back then kiddo!” Mina said as she ruffled Tzuyu’s hair.

“Thanks, unnie.” Tzuyu grinned.

“What is it, Myoui?” Sana asked in an annoyed tone.

“What? Did I interrupt your make-out session or something?” Mina smirked.

“No, no.”          -“Yes!”

Came both Tzuyu’s calm reply and Sana’s frustrated one. Mina and Tzuyu shared a look before giggling at the older Japanese’s reaction. Tzuyu nudged Sana’s shoulder gently causing Sana to look up at her. The Taiwanese native her gestured her head to Mina’s direction and gave Sana a pointed look as if asking the older girl to be nicer.

“Fine. Sorry.” Sana grumbled before puffing out all her negative air.

She watched as Mina dragged over a bean bag and sat on it in front of them. Mina had always been fond of the bean bag as it was a gift from her mother and was in a penguin design.

“What is it, Mina?” She asked again, this time in a much nicer tone.

“I need your help.” Mina pouted.

Upon glancing at the two friends, Tzuyu decided to excuse herself in order to give them some privacy.

“I’ll just go make some tea.” Tzuyu said as she got up from the sofa.

“No, Tzu, it’s okay. You can stay, I don’t mind.” Mina said as she immediately held on to Tzuyu’s arm. “You might be able to help too!”

“Ok unnie. But I’m still going to go make some tea since you look like you need it.” Tzuyu insisted.

“Thanks TzuTzu.” Mina thanked the younger girl before letting her arm go.

“Do you want some tea, Sana?” Tzuyu asked kindly. Her girlfriend shook her head with an appreciative smile and Tzuyu nodded before she turned to leave.

The two Japanese turned to each other again once Tzuyu started making her way to the kitchen to make some tea for Mina.

“What’s going on?” Sana asked as she tucked some loose strands behind Mina’s ear.

“You’re going to laugh.” Mina pouted.

“What? Why would I laugh?” Sana asked again and Mina sighed heavily.

She was now beginning to be concerned over her best friend. Mina had always been the one who was calm and have it all together. So, it was a bit alarming to see the younger girl in such state.

“Hey, what is it?” Sana asked again.

“Do you know the Brew-Crew?” Mina asked.

Sana cocked her head to one side before nodding her head, “The coffee shop, right? Yeah. Tzuyu goes there all the time. Why?”

“Well, there’s this girl-” Mina started only to be interrupted by Sana’s sudden yelp. The older girl couldn’t contain her excitement when Mina mentioned a girl. “And I think I’m starting to really like her. But whenever I try to ask her out, I never know what to say.”

“Wait, wait. Am I hearing right? Myoui Mina is asking me for dating advice?” Sana teased as she started poking Mina’s arm.

Mina whined and swatted Sana’s hands away from her causing Sana to laugh heartily, “Don’t tease me Satang!”

Soon, Tzuyu returned with a cup of tea and a bottle of water. She passed Mina the tea and took her seat next to Sana where she previously sat.

“What did I miss here?” Tzuyu asked as she eyes her girlfriend who was laughing and Mina who was pouting.

“Mina needs dating advice.” Sana giggled, making Mina groan.

“Oooo ~ Who’s the lucky girl?” Tzuyu perked up.

“The barista at the Brew-Crew.” Sana answered again and Tzuyu snapped her head to the other Japanese.

“The one with the bangs?” Tzuyu asked, making Mina nod in confirmation. “Oh she’s cute!”

At Tzuyu’s compliment, Mina nodded in agreement before getting lost in thought about how cute the barista is while Sana raised her eyebrows at her girlfriend in an unreadable expression causing Tzuyu to smile innocently before she shrugged.

Sana decided to let it slide for now before she turned back to her fellow Japanese.

“So, you’re asking me for dating advice, right?” Sana asked for clarification making Mina sigh and nod.

“Sana, if this was back in the past, you know that I wouldn’t ask you. But I have to admit that you probably do have game considering that you managed to get the most unattainable girl in campus…” Mina trailed off as her eyes found Tzuyu.

Sana blushed while Tzuyu smiled sheepishly before nodding and smugly agreeing, “Well, that is true.”

“So, I don’t know… Do you have any one-liners for me to use with this girl?” Mina shrugged shyly.

“One liners?” Sana repeated as her eyebrows furrowed.

“Yeah. You know, you were always sharing with us your one liners back in college during your ‘hunting’ days. You even created a whole guide on it.” Mina answered casually.

Sana half wanted to die out of embarrassment that Mina had reminded her of their younger years and half wanted to kill Mina for bringing her past Casanova episodes in front of her girlfriend. Sure, Tzuyu knew everything about her but she would much rather not for her and her girlfriend to be reminded of her snaking ways. It was a dark time for Sana. Sana took a peak up at her girlfriend to gauge her reaction only to see the younger girl smirking.

“You mean ‘Minatozaki Sana’s Guide to Getting Any Girl’?” Tzuyu had asked using air quotes.

Okay, by now Sana was beet red in the face because Tzuyu had been on the receiving end of her one liners and that stupid 4-step guide Sana had used on other girls. However, with Tzuyu, not only did she crash… She burned.

“Yahh~” Sana whined weakly as she nudged Tzuyu to stop teasing her.

“Hmm, how did those one liners work out for you in the end, baby?” Tzuyu teased again.

It was no secret in university that Sana was somewhat a Casanova. So, it was no surprise that Tzuyu, a beautiful, smart, almost perfect Taiwanese transfer entered the institution – had caught her attention. However, it was a rude awakening for Sana when she had gained interest in Tzuyu. Tzuyu was quiet, reserved and unbothered by all her usual advances. The younger girl didn’t swoon over her smooth moves, her sweet words or flirtatious acts. At first, it didn’t quite bother Sana but she soon found that she had taken a liking to Tzuyu that was different from what she felt with her flings. She became determined to make Tzuyu hers and the younger one caught on. After another one of Sana’s failed attempts at winning the girl’s heart – the Taiwanese native decided to give the older girl some pointers. Tzuyu had stated that she wanted to be properly courted instead of Sana’s usual pick-up lines and forms of affections. Sana had thought long and hard about the girl’s words and decided to really give it her best shot. She had to re-evaluate her whole dating approach and change her ways completely just for a shot. Her efforts were rewarded in the end when she finally managed to win Tzuyu’s heart.

Sana pouted in front of the two who then started to console her by promising to drop it. Tzuyu leaned in and pecked the girl’s cheek as an apology for teasing while Mina just watched the two with heart eyes. They were so perfect for each other and Mina really wanted to find a love for herself and she had a good feeling about this crush she had. If only she could just do something about it.

“Okay, so the one liners didn’t work on Taiwan’s princess. But you managed to win her over anyway. Help me, Sana!” Mina started begging, making Sana giggle.

The older Japanese girl pursed her lips together and thought over the situation for a while before responding.

“Listen, Mina.” Sana called her, “Do you really like this girl?”

“Yes. I like her a lot.” Mina answered without missing a beat, causing both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter