Begin Again

Red (MiMo collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina was once in a bad relationship which made her reluctant to be in another.
However, on a Wednesday, in a cafe, she watched it begin again

I'd like to dedicate this story to lil_penguin and krisjod16. Thank you for your feedback in my previous story.

-------------------------------------------

Took a deep breath in the mirror

He didn't like it when I wore high heels but I do

After many attempts on cancelling the date she had today, Mina sighed as she faced the harsh reality. Her friends were having none of her excuses on pending workload and packed schedules. He was a friend from Sana's office whom she bumped into multiple times when she went to meet Sana for their lunchdates.

She had been aware that he had taken an interest in her. If she was being honest, it was quite obvious. She noticed the way he treated her, she wasn't all that oblivious. But due to previous heartaches, she decided to not pay too much mind to things like that. 

However, just when she thought his infatuation for her had died, he surprised her by working up the courage one day and asking her out on a date. 

"Anneyong Mina-ssi!" He greeted her kindly one day when she was at the office lobby waiting for her best friend. She stood up and bowed gently to the man before her and greeted him just as kindly. "Are you waiting for Sana?"

"Nae. But she seems to be a bit late." She replied as she took a glance to her wrist watch, desperately wishing Sana would just appear already.

"Oh? I'll wait with you then." He said as he took a seat next to where she sat previously. 

"You don't have to. Really." She insisted. He didn't budge and offered her the seat next to him. She sat down next to him and focused on the flight of employees exiting the elevators, hoping that Sana would appear soon. 

She jumped slightly when her phone vibrated indicating a new text message. She opened it and raised her eyebrows. The text message was from Sana and it read,

'If you turn him down, I will kill you!'

Before she could process the whole thing and write a reply, the sound of the man next to her clearing his throat caught her attention. She turned to him and saw that he was wearing a nervous expression. 

"To be honest, I had asked a favour from Sana." He stated, avoiding her eyes. "I wanted to talk to you a bit before you both left for lunch."

"You did?" Mina asked, tilting her head slightly. "What about?"

"I uh, was wondering if you would like to go out with me next Wednesday" he said nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. He then let out a breath of accomplishment and look to Mina, waiting for her answer- a cute but nervous smile playing on his lips.

Looking back, she doesn't know why she agreed to the date. Maybe it was Sana's threat or the fact that his eyes looked so hopeful that she couldn't say no. Or maybe it's her inner concious or the fate telling her to take another chance. She's been in this spot one too many time. 

She checked herself in the mirror once more to make sure she was presentable. She then grabbed a pair of high heels, hessitating just a moment. Her mind went back to the night where 'he' had an argument with her over them- a pair of footwear. She remembered the way his face would frown and his shoulders would drop everytime he saw her in them. 

She shook off the thought and shrugged. She likes it, so nothing anyone else says should matter.

Walked in expecting you'd be late

But you got here early and you stand and wave

I walk to you

Mina arrived at the cafe where he said to meet and smirked slightly at the familiarity of whole place. It was the cafe she had been wanting to try for ages now but never did. 'Well, he gets points for asking Sana where I was dying to go', she thought.

She glanced to her watch and saw that she was 5 minutes early. The thought of her going to have to wait for 10 minutes at least hit her. Nevertheless, she entered the cafe and took in the interior of it. 

She was surprised when her eyes found a tall figure standing up by his table and waving towards her. She smiled shyly and made her way to where he was. 

You pulled my chair out and helped me in

You don't know how nice that is

But I do

"Anneyong." He greeted her kindly as she approached closer to him. She smiled and bowed her head slightly greeting him back. 

"Mianhe, have you waited long?" Mina asked him.

"Don't worry about it." He smiled.

He pulled out a chair for her and helped her in when she sat down. Mina was so sure she was blushing like a tomato just then. It was all so foreign to her. 

"Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter