The Camp out, A Shrine, A Jewel

The Odoru Tamashi And The Dream World [A Fanboy's Weird Dream... Came True?!] Fantasy Special

 

Free time, that is what every performer loves the best. After days of recordings and dance practices, SHINee finally had free time to enjoy for themselves. A surprise visit from their seniors, the Super Junior, was an added bonus. It was a fine morning and the SHINee boys decided to go on a camping trip and dragged their big brothers with them.

“Nothing beats free time with our hyungs.” Onew exclaimed as he looks up in the fine sky. “It’s been months since we last did a get together like this.”

“And this time it’s here in Japan!” Jonghyun added. “Ilbon! Ilbon! Ilbon!”

“Hey Key, I was just wondering. Why camp out here?” Leeteuk asked out of the blue. “I know you missed us but aren’t there any other ways to spend time together?”

“Hyungnim, its Taemin’s idea.” Key answered. “He was dying to go to this province and visit a shrine then eventually dragged us to camp out, then you guys visited, so here we are.”

“Sorry for the drag hyungnim, we can still go back if you want.” Taemin stopped and said sadly.

“No… This is great. It’s something for a change!” Leeteuk said reaching the young one’s shoulders and proceeded walking the grassy path. “It’s just that I can’t imagine that the SM Town boys will be out in the wild.”

“Too bad HoMin hyungdeul are busy in Korea.”  Minho said.

“But we have Henry and Zhoumi with us.” Donghae countered. “And Dongyul too!”

“Ya! Can you guys just stop chatting and go on… We should be there before lunchtime!” Eunhyuk complained. “I’m getting hungry!”

“Same here!” Shindong echoed. “Off we go!”

“It’s okay hyungs, we’re almost there!” Taemin reassured them.

 

===

15 minutes later.

===

 

“We’re here!” Taemin exclaimed!

It was a clearing surrounded by trees. The sound of the animals at the background and the breeze of fresh air, it was a paradise.

 “Oooooooh!” Everyone said in unison.

“Amazing!” Zhoumi stated.

“Breathtaking!” Ryeowook added.

“This is worth the walk…” Eunhyuk concluded.

“Glad you liked it guys!” Taemin said gleefully as he sees the looks in their faces.

“Due north is the Kanameishi Shrine. We’ll visit that one later.” Taemin informed everyone. “Due east there is a small lake where we can go catch fresh fishes.”

“I’ll go fishing!” Jonghyun said and grabbed the fishing rods.

“Me too!” Donghae said.

“Me three!” Dongyul said and tagged along his hyung.

“I guess I’ll go with them.” Minho said.

“The four of you can now proceed; we’ll take care of the tents.” Leeteuk ordered. “Hae! Take good care of our dongsaengs!”

Donghae replied with a wave of the hand.

“We’ll fetch some firewood.” Yesung suggested and dragged Ryeowook with him.

“Ok, just be careful.” Leeteuk said and resumed setting up the tents.

Everyone is busy putting up the five tents and fixing up their belongings and tent assignments when suddenly, Onew noticed Taemin. He was staring at Kanameishi Shrine holding something round in his left hand.

“Something bothering you maknae?” Onew asked. “You wanted to go there, right?”

“I sure do.” The young one answered. “I’ve always wanted to go there with this in hand.”

“What is that?” The leader asked. “A pearl or something?”

“This is my lucky charm hyung.” Taemin said showing the round jewel to his hyung. “My ancestors call it Odoru Tamashi, the Dance Soul.”

“Dance Soul…” Onew was bewildered by the jewel.

“They say it enhances the dancing prowess of its bearer so I always have it with me.” Taemin continued. “I believe I’m part of SHINee because of this.”

Onew was listening intently.

“They say, the Odoru Tamashi will shine brightly when brought to Kanameishi Shrine and will further bless its bearer.” The young one explained. “This is not Korea anymore. It’s a different market… Japan…”

“Well, I guess we need all the help we can get.” Onew understood that Taemin is a bit scared in expanding to Japan. At least visiting the shrine will put the maknae’s mind at ease. “We’ll all go there together later.”

“Thanks hyung.”

“In the mean time, let’s help them make a camp fire. I guess the fishes are on their way here.”

And so they did.

Not so far away, east of the camp site, a beautiful lake can be found.

“Hyung, watch out, you might be caught by my fishing rod.” Jonghyun said.

Minho and Dongyul shoot death glares at Jonghyun at the same time.

“That didn’t sound good Jjong!” Minho said coldy.

“That’s just a joke.” The dinosaur defended himself. “Sorry!”

“Nah, it’s okay dongsaengs.” Donghae said. “Oh a catch!”

Donghae put the fish he caught in the basket. Meanwhile, Minho let go of his fishing rod, stud up and run over to Jonghyun who ran before he was caught. Now they are practically playing tag.

“Dongsaeng, you should get along with them.” Donghae told his little brother, Dongyul. “Boss still doesn’t know if he will put you in an SJ sub unit or to SHINee.”

“Yeah, I’m close to Taemin ever since, Key and Minho is nice, Onew is a bit mysterious and Jonghyun is, yeah, he’s a prankster. But he’s kind too.”

“That’s good to know.” The concerned brother had his mind in peace. “What a relief! Woops! A catch!”

“That’s the 8th huge fish hyung.” Dongyul counted. “I guess that’s already plenty for all of us.”

“I think so too.” Donghae agreed. “Jjong! Minho! We catch, you carry!”

“Be right there hyung!”

“Let’s go back to the camp site.” Donghae ordered. “The fishes will be late for lunch!”

And the four hurried back to the camp site with huge fishes in hand.

Taemin, Onew, Yesung and Ryeowook already had the camp fire up when they arrived. Ryeowook washed the fishes and cooked it under the camp fire. They also cooked rice and ate afterwards. Their lunch was filled with sharing of stories. SHINee members were telling stories about their stay Japan. SJ is telling stories about the latest on SME while their SHINee dongsaengs are away.

After the fun filled lunch. They rested for a while and had a dance battle. SJ showed SHINee how to dance Mr. Simple while SHINee, in return, showed SJ how to dance Lucifer. Taemin insisted that everyone needs to learn Lucifer and started teaching everyone. s were kind enough to help him teach SJ and Dongyul the steps. Then finally, before sundown, they were all able to dance to the beat.

“Wooooah! Perfect!” Eunhyuk said victoriously as he danced the full song. “It’s getting dark soon… Taemin?”

“Yeah, you guys can relax now while I’ll go to the shrine.” Taemin said, eyes fixed on the shrine by the north.

Taemin was now facing back at everyone when Onew bowed down three times. It seems that Onew wanted everyone to go with Taemin.

“Taemin-ah!” Leeteuk called. “Can we go with you?”

“That would be awesome!”

They all went to Kanameishi Shrine. Along the way, Taemin showed them the Odoru Tamashi and told everyone what he said earlier to his Leader Onew. Now, everyone is interested in going to the shrine hoping to see something unnatural.

“Would that jewel really glow inside the temple?” Ryeowook asked Yesung.

“Shhhh! We don’t know, but if it glows or not at least we’re by Taemin’s side.”

 

===

8 Minutes later.

===

 

“So this is Kanameishi Shrine.” Henry was amazed.

It was a small shrine on top of a hill, a typical Japanese shrine. It’s almost sundown and the sky turned the scenery as solemn as it can be with the shades of purple, indigo and orange coupled by a number of stars.

“Here we are.” Taemin said. “I guess all of us can’t fit inside the Shrine. I’ll go first.”

“I’ll go with you.” Onew swiftly accompanied the youngest.

Leeteuk glanced at Dongyul and immediately followed the two.

“We’ll go too.” Leeteuk announced.

Inside, the four saw another stone in the altar. Taemin placed his jewel in a cushion in front of the stone and lit incenses.

“That artifact is the Odoru Ishi, the Dance Stone.” Taemin explained. “We fulfilled the ritual, May these artifacts bless us in dancing. I think the ‘glow’ part is just a myth though.”

“It’s okay Taemin-ah.” Dongyul cheered him up. “It’ll bless us.”

“I sure hope so.” Taemin said as tears overflow from his eyes. He lowered his head to hide it. “Guys, thank you. I fulfilled one of my dreams with you, to go here for an offering.”

“Taemin-ah…” It was the only words Onew can say.

“Taemin, don’t cry over things like this.” Leader Teukie said sympathetically.

“No, this… I’m just…” He took the Odoru Tamashi and faced his hyungs. “I’m just happy that you’re with me.”

“Of course, we’re your big brothers!” Onew said as he hugs his youngest member. Leeteuk and Dongyul joined in and gave Taemin a warm group hug.

“So… Back to camp?” Leeteuk asked the now smiling Taemin. He nodded.

“Leeteuk hyungnim, Jinki hyung, Dongyul hyung…” Taemin called as he was about to open the shrine door. “Thank you.”