e p i l o g u e

DAY BY DAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today is just another normal day.

Nayeon wakes up, greeted by the sun that came from their room’s windows. Mina is still asleep on the bed beside her. Didn’t want to make anyone in this biggest room awake, Nayeon tip-toed and walked outside without any noise. Their room is connected directly with the living room, so the first thing Nayeon saw right after she closes her room’s door is her.

Her photo.

They indeed put their group pictures mostly in the frame, placed on the wall.

Nayeon looked around, the dorm is still quiet. Everyone haven’t wake up yet. Nayeon herself found it amazing at how can she be the first one to wake up, she never did it before. Nayeon is, almost always, the last one to wake up and she acknowledge that. Nayeon isn’t the morning person, yes, but today seems like Nayeon will be the one who enjoys the sunrise through the windows.

There’s nothing Nayeon could do. Her mind is still full of what she did last night.

Nayeon couldn’t sleep at all. She tried hard to close her eyes but somehow there was this force to make her open them again for every minutes. Nayeon couldn’t sleep at all. Not because she didn’t want to, she just couldn’t put her feelings calm. Her heart beating fast. Nayeon was afraid its sound can be heard by her sleeping roommates, so Nayeon drew a very long breath to settle herself down.

She reached her phone on the nightstand.

Nayeon opened it again, the reason why she couldn’t sleep that night. Nayeon looked at the screen with this longing feelings on her eyes, if only the room isn’t dark then her reddened eyes would be clearly visible. But Nayeon already promised herself that she won’t cry over it again. Who is she kidding, she can’t resist. Nayeon ended up looking at it until she didn’t realize she already in deep slumber, with the phone still in her hands.

 

Slumped down on the couch, welcoming the morning sunrays, Nayeon look at her right hand. It’s her phone there. Nayeon unlocked the phone and the first thing she saw is..........it.

Nayeon sighed again.

Like it or not, it feels like Nayeon forced to look at it even in this beautiful morning.

Nayeon let out a bitter smile.

Yes, you guess it right. It is about Jeongyeon. It’s so beautiful but sad at the same point, the reason why Nayeon kept smiling and crying for the whole night.

Last night, Nayeon remembered how was her first meeting with Jeongyeon. The date was 15 that day. Nayeon remembers it well... Last night, Nayeon remembered how Jeongyeon usually greeted her in the morning with that silly grin because Nayeon showed up with messy morning hair and swollen eyes... Last night, Nayeon remembered how Jeongyeon will gave her the food whenever Nayeon is lazy to eat outside... Last night, Nayeon remembered how Jeongyeon secretly, without other members knowing, gave her an ice cream to cheer her up when she’s tired of practicing... Last night, Nayeon remembered how Jeongyeon strictly disallow her to buy too-revealing clothes whilst Nayeon knows very well what is behind Jeongyeon’s reason... Last night, Nayeon remembered the time she and Jeongyeon spent a silent night under the moonlight... Last night, Nayeon remembered how Jeongyeon called her “baby” when it’s only two of them since Nayeon knows Jeongyeon will never say it out loud in front of others... Last night, Nayeon remembered how she loves Jeongyeon. Very much.

Nayeon remembers it all. Not a single thing about Jeongyeon escaped from her mind.

Just one thing that Nayeon can’t believe, that her relationship with Jeongyeon can be that tragic. She suddenly regret. There’re so many things she wants to say to Jeongyeon... There’re still so many things she wants to do with Jeongyeon... There’re still many things she wants to hear from Jeongyeon... There’re still much feelings she has for Jeongyeon.

And Nayeon knows she already late.

Nayeon wiped her tears, she feels so stupid. All this time, she thought she already get what makes she happy. Turns out her happiness is also the reason why she hurts.

Nayeon wiped her tears again.

Other members will be confused if they find Nayeon crying in this early morning, crying alone on the couch with the reason they will never understand. Nayeon can’t tell them, Nayeon just can’t tell why she is crying over it. Over Jeongyeon.

But then, she heard the door opened.

Nayeon freeze at the sudden sound, she put her head down. Didn’t want anyone noticed her very redden, which problably swollen hard now, eyes. But Nayeon didn’t hear any footstep. There’s no sound. Nayeon is sure it was from her room, there was someone went out from her room. But why she heard no movement? Or, is that person just standing still in front of the door?

Curious, Nayeon lifted her head slowly.

Only to find a pair of legs.

Looking up, she noticed a pyjamas and then finally a head.

It’s basically there’s someone standing in front of the couch Nayeon is sitting now.

 

 

“Did you just crying?”

“I... I...”, Nayeon’s words couldn’t come out. She trembled with the sudden presence of the person she’s longing in front of her. That perfect figure, is what Nayeon always adore. That fragnant smell, is what Nayeon always want to be around her nose. That deep and husky but cute voice, is Nayeon’s favorite music all the time. Nayeon can’t believe her own eyes could betray her like this. “I don--”

“What are you doing last night? Watching baby videos again?”

That person sits beside Nayeon now, there’s no space between them and Nayeon shuddered with the sudden contact. It feels so real... Is she hallucinating? Wait, didn’t those legs touch the ground??

“I was surprised when I didn’t see you on the bed, it’s so rare for you to wake up this early.”

Nayeon’s mind is a mess.

“So, which video

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter