Chapter 5

Kissing girls

 

My wardrobe choice today is military cargo pants,black boots and a black T-shirt, I am gearing up for war. It takes me ten minutes to shower and get ready so I am downstairs making breakfast by 8 am. My footsteps echo as I manoeuvre around the kitchen. I woke up to a text from Rose` saying Jennie and Jisoo would not make it to give us  the moral support. Apparently, Jennie has rap classes and Jisoo`s family decided to take a weekend trip. I decided not to let that information phase me since from now on its operation be yourself, be natural.

It takes thirty minutes to get to Rose`s house. The houses in this neighbourhood are straight out of the House Billing show complete with perfectly manicured green lawns. There are palm trees lined in pairs across from each other on opposite sides of the road. The sunlight sneaks in through the leaves blinding me temporarily as I ride my bike. Jennie`s mom waves at me as I pass by and she looks beautiful as always. I wonder why she is home today?

 

I get of my bike and push it up the hill leading to Rose`s big black gothic gate.

Rose`s family are huge dorks, their house decoration was inspired by the Adams family. Rose` dorkiness is up a notch from mine, she decorated her room with a buffy the vampire slayer theme. People are right when they say do not judge a book by its cover. When I met Jennie, Jisoo and Rose` for the first time, I thought they were your classic mean girls but it turned out they were the goofiest people in the entire school. I was convinced when I found Jisoo trying to balance a bottle with her shoulders at the cafeteria, I lost it when Rose` and Jennie continued their conversation as if it was a normal occurrence.

Rose` yet again opened the door before I knocked, she calls it Buffy`s sixth sense. She wore her hair wavy and loose today, with a tank top and some shorts. I took my time admiring the God given site before I entered the house.

How art thou? asked Rose`.

I see you are already in character I said laughing and heading to her room. Rose` followed closely behind me and I could smell her honey flavoured perfume. I threw myself and my bag on her bed and making myself comfortable. She closed the door and slowly walked towards the bed.

So, do you want to start with the kiss scene? Asked Rose`.