Maybe This Time

Yesterday Once More?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After five years....

1, 2, 3. "arrgggg" Shinhye groan giving all the strength she have. "Shinhye, Push" the doctor told her as Shinhye did as told until she heard a loud crying which belongs to her baby "It's a boy" Doctor said and place the baby on her chest, Shinhye can't help but shed tears as she planted a very deep kiss on her son's forehead. "I love you" she murmured and then the nurse took the baby to her and clean it. "Is the second one coming out, Shinhye?" She nods her head and tried to endure the pain, But the pain keep coming until she has to dilivery the second baby. It only took her awhile and finally delivery the second baby which is a Girl. After cleaning the twins, the nurse put them into her chest and hugged her kids, "I love you my babies"

Shinhye wiped her tears away as she remembered the happiest day of her life, that's when she delivery her twins. "Eomma Loves you" she murmured and planted a kisses on the twins forehead soon as they fall asleep. She sigh heavily and stood up and made her way to the living room. She look at the window upon hearing the strong sounds of waves. She went out and look around mesmerizing how beautiful it is. It's been 5 years since they left Jeju, It was an unexpected demolition of the goverment and eommonie's restaurant is affected, because of lacking of financial they move to Mukpo Island where eommonie lives before, Shinhye is very pregnant that time. 

"I miss you" she whispers and shuts her eyes as her tears falling down. It's been many years but her love to the father of her kids remain unchange. "Maybe you have your own kids now and living happily with them, I'm glad if that so" she said. Her tears become more havier, there is no day she didn't think of him, there is no day she didn't cry because she misses him and most of all there is no day the twins didn't asked about their father and it just hurt her so much not able to introduce them to him not even in a picture. The kids grown up imagining what their father looks like, like how their mother describe him.

"Yonghwa our kids misses you so much. I can't just come and show up telling you as their father because you're now married but I hope someday you'll know them because they love and misses you so much. Yonghwa our kids needs you" she whispered and hugged her self as she slowly fall down and cried helplessly.

~~••~~

It's 10pm when he arrived to his house located in Gangnam, he throw his file case on the couch and loosen his tie before made his way to the kitchen. He sigh as he heat water for coffee and noodles. He fastly make coffee and pour hot water on the cup noodles and have his dinner all alone. 

His been leaving like this since he and Boyoung divorced. He sold the house and move into a new one, where his staying right now. It was just a year when their married life becoming gloomy, Yonghwa never thought things turn out like this after the wedding his suffering night mare almost every night, a tearful face of Shinhye appearing on his dreams. Everything happened in Jeju keeps haunting him that he almost looking for her all the time. Until the day come Boyoung can't take it anymore and propose for a divorce. At first, Yonghwa refused but they had a proper talked and Boyoung even admit being secretly hooked up with her ex and they both have no other choice but broke their marriage. Now, Boyoung's happily married with Hyungsik and their kids.

Few months after their divorce Yonghwa went back to Jeju but only to found out Shinhye left the island and nobody knows where they are. Almost every month his trying his luck and going back to Jeju but he just got nothing until he finally given up. 

*riiiinggg*

He get up and went to get his phone. Hr sigh and quickly answered the call. "Yes, Sir?" He asked. "Yonghwa, I have recieved a call about the island deal. I wanted to meet you early tomorrow to see your plan" The CEO said. "Oh, yes sir." he responded and finally ended the call. His been working at AC Company ever since, his working as Senior Director and Company's Engineer.

He took his stuff and went to his room. He needs to finished the plan for the Resort they are going to build in Mukpo Island. He settled everything on his working table and settled down. He glance on the side and saw the photo of him and Shinhye during their college. "Where are you now? I hope your doing fine. I miss you so much, I love you" He said.

"I want you back to me, Shinhye. When I saw you in Jeju I thought I have move on and forget about you but I was totally wrong. When I saw you all my love for you comeback, I thought it was just a plain hatred and angst but no, its was a pure love, a love a have for you since that day we met. I tried to fight and focus to my wife but our love keeps haunting me. Shinhye, Please comeback I miss you so much. I love you sweetheart, I love you" He kissed the photo as his tears falling down. His heart is breaking. His been enduring this pain so many years. His heart is full of love and longing for Shinhye that even girls tried to get in he end up turning them down. He lock his self into a hope being with Shinhye once again.

"eomma... i want milk" Hyeyoung pouted cutely soon as she settled down on the chair to have breakfast. "Eomma I want milk too" Shinwoo said. Shinhye fastly make milk for her twins and put it down on the table and she start to place rice and veggies on their plate. "Shinwoo, eat your veggies, neh? So you'll be strong" The little boy nods his head and hold his spoon and fork. "Eomma if Oppa eat veggies he'll be strong like Appa?" hyeyoung asked, the ever talkative lil girl. Shinhye smiles and nod her head. "Deh, Oppa will be strong like appa. Hyeyoung wants to eat veggies too right?" 

"ani... hyeyoung don't want veggies. Hyeyoung only want meat" she pouts. "Dongsaeng eat veggies to become strong and smart." Shinwoo said. "If hyeyoung and Shinwoo strong and smart when we grow up we'll look for appa" Shinwoo added. Shinhye shocked and stay still hearing her kids, She almost shed tears! Then, Hyeyoung started to eat her food. "Eomma hyeyoung will eat alone, I'm big girl now. Don't worry eonma, we'll look for appa so that eomma will not cry every night." She added. Shinhye can't help now but to let go of her tears and lean to hugged her kids. "Gomawo.. gomawo babies. I love you so much. Neh, Always remember that even your Appa not with us he loves you both, So much" She said and hugged them tighter. "We love appa too, eomma. We miss him, we want appa back home" The twins said in chorus.

"Im crying now" emmonie said out of nowhere. They broke the hugged and chukkles looking at Eommonie. The twins jump off their chair and run to give their halmonie a hug and kisses. "Good morning Halmoni" they said in churos. "Eomma give that to me now and have your breakfast" Shinhye said and took the basker on her hands which she used while selling home made kimchi. "Gomawo Shinhye yah" Eommnie said and eat together with the twins while Shinhye focus on packing the second set of home made kimchi she'll deliever later. 

"Annyeong Halmonie" The twins wave their small hands while Shinhye smiling watching her kids, they are very very sweet and kind, Their mother raised them very well. 

Upon bidding their goodbye, Shinhye took her kids and send them in the nursery which only located few meter away. "Eomma, A ferry just arrived again" Hyeyoung said while pointing her tiny fingers towards the Port. "Eomma when we're going to ride ferry? My teacher said Seoul is beautiful. Eomma if we go there we're going to ride on ferry?" Shinwoo asked. "Deh...Don't worry alot, When eomma have enough money I'll take you both in Seoul" She said with assurance, the twins look at each other and celebrate. They jump in happiness!! "Yehey... Gomawo eomma." HyeYoung uttered. "Appa is in Seoul right eomma? He'll be waiting for us in the port, right eomma?" Shinwoo said causing her just smile weakly at them. "I'm going to run and hugged appa, and kiss appa million times" Hyeyoung giggles, "Me too, me too" Shinwoo said happily.

"Ok, okay that's enough. We're here, kiss eomma now" She kneel down and hold her twins, "Study hard, Listen to teacher neh?" The twins nod their head. "deh, Eomma. Annyeong Eomma, See you later." They kiss Shinhye's chicks and wave their small hands as they ran towards the nursery. She's smiling so bright watching them "They grew really well. I can't believed they are turning five soon, they are just so tiny back then." she thought. "If Yonghwa is here, I know, He so proud of them how adorable our kids" she chukkles on her own thought. "But the fact that it's impossible, I know I can't hide the truth to them forever as they grow they ask questions, they become more curious about their father. And can't say anything except telling them their father live in far away place, that is better rather than telling them the truth." She thought.

She carried the basket of kimchi and made her way to Mrs. Kim Won house where she'll be delivering the goods. As she get near the place, she notice the wide part of the island is closed with barricades. She felt curious. "Shinhye" Mrs. Kim Won yeld waving her hands at her. "Omo, Mrs. Kim here's your order" She said and place it on the table. "I thought you're not coming today, Lots of my customers looking for it" She said and took it and hand it to one of her personnel. "Oh jinjja?" She asked happily, "Deh, Shinhye I order again tomorrow neh?" Shinhye gladly accepted the order, that's the only she's looking for money they could use for living and the twins schooling.  "Miss Kim, the that part of the island is closed? Fishermen aren't allowed to fished there anymore?" Shinhye asked worriedly. "I'm not sure but I heard the new owner doesn't prohibited them, for now."

"New owner?"

"Deh, A big company in seoul bought almost one half of the Island and planned to build a resort" -- "Oh" She responded.

~~••~~

After the almost two hours of discussion, Yonghwa finally bid his goodbye to the CEO and went home directly to prepared his things his going to bring in the Island. It took him hour before he and his assistants arrived in Gimpo Airport. 

It was 1pm upon arriving in Joellanam-do province, the company's private yatch already waiting for them. They take no time and immediately travel to the said island before gets dark. 

Yonghwa stayed outside the yatch watching how beautiful mother earth is, he felt so refresh somehow. He smiled so bright when they are near the island and lots of islanders looking at them. Upon arriving in the port Islanders leader welcomed them. He took his things and walked going to the Hostel. The sky start to get dark and liltle tiny drops started to fall, his secretary immediately handed him an umbrella. 

They keep to walked towards the hostel and passed by the nursery, Yonghwa smiled when saw the little Islanders running towards their parents who fetch them, He chuckles. And then the rain started to fall very strong. "Mr. Jung we have to hurry" Yoon, his secretary since Yonghwa already enjoying looking at the children. "oh, deh" He said and walked a little faster but something got his attention and he stopped. He felt his heart just got broken when he saw the two kids under the waiting shed infront of the nursery. The lilttle boy hugging his sister who is crying maybe afriad of the thunders and lightning.

"Mr. Jung" Yoon asked again. "Wait" he uttered and walked towards the shed. His heart broke even more as he heard the little girl crying real hard to his brother's embrace. "Oppa I'm scared. Oppa I'm scared" Hyeyoung said. "Hey" Yonghwa said and join them on the shed. The twins looked up simultaneously and saw a very Unfamiliar face. "Why are you crying sweetie?" He asked. "Ahjussi, eomma said don't talked to strangers" Shinwoo uttered. "Ahjussi not going to hurt you. okay? I'm just worries seeing you both alone here" He explained. Hyeyoung still crying looking at him until another loud thunder just boom, Hyeyoung and Shinwoo quickly run into Yonghwa's arms and Yonghwa quickly warp his arms around them making them feel safe and secured.

"gwenchana it's fine, don't be scared" he coax them by caressing their back. "Ahjussi I'm so scared" Hyeyoung said and lifted her head looking at him. "Hyeyoung stop crying now" Shinwoo said and wipe her tears. Yonghwa felt something different as he look at them. "hey.. It's okay now. I'm here" He said and wipe Hyeyoung's tears.

"Mr. Jung we have to go" Yoon said and join them on the said. The twins look at the tall namja. "Ahjussi who is he?". "My secretary, Ottoke? I need to go now, The rain is gone but just take this umbrella neh?. What is your name?" He asked looking at the little boy "Jung Shinwoo, Ahjussi" 

"Shinwoo neh, take care of your sister neh? Ahjussi really need to go now. Hyeyoung baby, don't be scared your Shinwoo oppa will be with you. Becareful on your way home. Haike" Yonghwa shared umbrella with Yoon and both left the shed. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter