Chapter 4

A High School Love story

When Sehun gets into his car he looks up at the roof and lets out a sigh. His heart beating faster than usual. With another sigh he sits up and start the engine of the car, and gets out of the drive way, with a smile on his face. For the first time in a very long time he can say that he was happy today. He actually had fun. When he and Jongin was sitting there and just playing video games, it felt like they had known each other all their lives. They were not two strangers that got together because one of them needed a tutor. They were laughing and having fun together, something he had not done in years. Not wanting to go home just yet, Sehun just drove around the city, thinking. What was Jongin doing to him?

 

 

Parking his car after driving around town for a good two hours he walks up to the front door, Sehun got himself ready for the yelling he knew he would end up getting when he walked in the door. The first thing he notice when he open the front door, is how quiet it is in the house. No talking, no arguing, no yelling. After taking of his shoes and walking further into the house, he also notices how there are minimal lights on, just enough to see where he is walking but not enough to really see that much. Knowing that his parents have not gone to bed yet as its still early in the evening, guessing they headed out for the evening, he heads up to his room so that he will not bump into them when they get back home.

 

What he was not prepared for was what was waiting for him in his bedroom. There sitting on his bed is his father, and he is not looking very happy.

«Where have you been all day Sehun?» The frown on Mr. Oh’s face getting bigger.

«That’s none of you business father. Now get out of my room. I have things to do.» Putting his bag down at his desk he sits down in the chair taking out his phone.

«We, your mother and I, had a meeting with Mr Kim today. You remember Mr. Kim right. I believe his two kids go to the same school as you. Anyway, we decided we want to become one big company instead of being two separate companies.» As Mr. Oh continues to explain what had happened at the meeting, Sehun looks up from his phone, dreading where this conversation is headed.

And the two of us have decided, that is you start to pay any interest in this company, start attending dinners, getting your grades up and doing as I say, you can have your own personal life, as long as it dose not effect the company in any way. If you fail to show any interest in the company, you will end up marrying Mr. Kim’s daughter to make the two companies into one.»

What! Father you can’t do that. That is not fair at all.»

There is no discussing it! You have the rest of this school year to prove that you are interested in the company or else you are marrying her!» With his final words he walk out of my room leaving me there on my own to think this through.

 

 

——————

 

The next day during lunch break, Sehun was sitting in the cafeteria with his friends Jongdae or Chen as he likes to be called, and Minseok, when Kim Eun sol walks up to the table and sits down next to Sehun.

«So Sehun oppa, I talked to my dad last night, And it seems as if we might see each other a lot in the future.» Her smile getting bigger and bigger after every word she says.

«I can’t wait to see you around at the different family dinners we are going to have together and the different galas we have to attend together. This will be so much fun. And then when the school year is over we are going to get married. Isn’t this just so exiting!» The excitement in her voice is something Sehun wish he did not have to hear. The fact that he had to meet here out side of school during family gatherings and dinners, was something he was not looking forward to, but knowing that if he did not listen to his father this time, he would end up spending the rest of his life with this girl. And that was something he rather not do.

«I’m sorry to break it to you, but me and you will never happen. We are never going to get married, no matter how much you would like for that to happen, it’s not. So don’t get your hopes up, and leave me and my friends alone.» He says before getting up and leaving the cafeteria to go and sleep on the roof instead of going to class. 

«You know Sehun, just because your father said that he would stop meddling in to your personal life, do you really think he would let you marry just anyone?» Jongdae  said walking next to him up the stairs to the roof. Reaching the roof and finding a spot he could lie down on, Sehun gets comfortable before answering Jongdae’s question.

«I know he will not really leave me alone, no matter what I do to please him. But I also know there is a chance I can get to marry who I want without him interfering with my personal life.» After he said that he closes his eyes and lets his thoughts wonder to a blond boy with some amazing gaming skills.

 

 

——————-

 

A few weeks later it was closing inn on exam time, and everyone was working hard to learn as much as possible before the exams started. And Jongin was no exception. He was sitting in the library with all the other students reading through his notes and books and writing more notes, when Sehun decided to enter the library in hopes of finding Jongin here. For the past couple of weeks Jongin has been teaching Sehun history, and Sehun has been improving a lot. His grades slowly going up, and his friendship with Jongin has only become stronger every day. He walks over to Jongin and sits down on the chair right next to him lying his head on the table, looking up at Jongin.

«Hey Jongin. I have been trying to get a hold of you all day. Why are you not answering your phone?» Even if Sehun might show a hint of a soft side when he is spending time with Jongin, he is still the same Sehun he has always been. The spoiled side of him that don't like it when things don’t go his way. And being ignored by Jongin all day was not okay.

«Sorry Sehun. I turned my phone of so that no one would disturb me while i practice for the up coming exams, something you should be doing too by the way.» Jongin answers without lifting his head and continues to write down notes. 

I would have been reading for the exams if my tutor would answer his phone when I tried to call him.» I answer taking out my books and getting comfortable next to Jongin. And that is how the rest of the day ends up. The two boys sitting next to each other reading and taking notes with the occasional glances towards each other, not noticing another set of eyes looking over at the two boys studying together.

 

 

When the two boys decides to leave the library it’s already starting to get dark outside. They walk side by side through the school gates and down the road to find somewhere to eat.

«This has been a tiring day.» Sehun decides to break the silence casting small glances towards Jongin to see his reaction. After sitting down next to Jongin, Sehun had not really got that much reading done, as he was always glancing over to Jongin sitting next to him, being emerged in what ever subject he was reading about. The way he would chew on the back of his pen when he was reading or thinking about something, before writing it down in his note book. And the feeling in his chest every time he saw Jongin smile about something. This was something that had been bothering Sehun for the past couple of weeks. The feeling he would feel when he was spending time with Jongin, he had never felt it before. Never with his friends or with any of his past hook ups. Wanting to spend more time with the class president, and not wanting to separate after having spent some time together. It was a new feeling and Sehun did not know what to make of it. And the fact that he did not know what this feeling was scared him. Looking over to Jongin he saw a big smile on his face.

«You can’t say it’s tiring Sehun, you barely did any reading at all. All you did was look around the library. And you wont ace the exams that way. You need to take this seriously.» Jongin ended the last sentence with a pout on his lips. And Sehun did not understand why that made his stomach feel this way, and why he wanted to kiss the pout away. Friends don’t do that to each other right? This is something you do with someone special right? But then why do I feel this way? What is Jongin to me?

You know Sehun. I can help you with the exams. We can practice together. That might be good for the both of us actually.» Kim Jongin, that smile should be illegal. Stop doing it. You have no idea what you are doing to me. And that is not ok.

 

 

———————————

 

When Jongin came home he felt like he was ready to burst. He can not believe he survived another day this close to Sehun. Wanting to just cuddle up next to him instead of reading history maybe go on a date instead of doing some math homework. Sitting there in the library with Sehun right next to him was making it really hard to concentrate on what he was doing. And having him always staring at someone was making it even harder to concentrate. Who had the right to make his Sehun smile like that. No one other than me, Kim Jongin, was aloud to make Sehun smile that eye smile of his. What are you thinking Kim Jongin? Do you have any idea what you are doing to me Oh Sehun? Jongin thinks shaking his head.