Board Exam

Operating Theatre
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YoonA cursed under her breath. Taeyeon didn’t pick up her phone. Every call went straight to voice mail. “Where the hell are you?”

“Any word from Taeyeon?” Sunny pulled the suitcase and gave it to the driver. “Where is she?”

“I don’t know. She didn’t come home last night.” YoonA sent a 911 to Taeyeon’s pager. “Gosh, the hell is she thinking?!”

“Doctors, are we ready to leave?”

“Wait a second, we’re waiting for one person. Just… five minutes.” Sunny smiled apologetically to the older man.

“Yo, Lee Soonkyu! Tell that friend of yours we’re gonna be late!” A fifth year resident shouted irritatingly from the bus. “Five minutes or we’re leaving without her!”

“Where the hell are you, stupid?”

-----

“Taeyeon, look at me.” Tiffany gripped Taeyeon’s face firmly, forcing her to lift her face up. “You’re going to be fine.”

“I’m screwed. I’m not ready for the board.” Taeyeon almost cried right then and there. “I don’t think I… I’m only going to humiliate myself.”

“You’ve been spending five years studying surgery. You’re not going to give up for a three hours exam! Not on my watch!”

“I’ll take the next board exam. Not this one – I can’t…”

“You’re being ridiculous. You–” Tiffany stopped mid-sentence to pick up her phone. “She’s with me, yes.” She eyed the woman in front of her. “We’re at the emergency stairs. What? You guys are leaving? Wait for Taeyeon! She’s coming right now.”

“No! I’m not coming!” Tiffany ended the phone then kissed Taeyeon hard, effectively shut her up. “You’re being unreasonable. You are more than ready. Don’t make my effort making you those cases cards and accompany you study till dawn for nothing.”

“What if I fail?” Taeyeon knitted her brows together.

“Then we’re going to work harder. Do not give up before you go to the war.”

Taeyeon sighed heavily. “I can make it, can’t I?”

“Yes, silly.”

“Alright. I’ll… I’ll try my best.”

-----

Taeyeon stared at her reflection in the mirror. She was disgusted at herself. Her hair was messy, her face was completely out of shape. Charming Kim Taeyeon no more. She looked more like a beggar than a surgeon. Another wave of nausea hit as she threw up in the sink.

Dear god, so embarrassing.

She slumped on the floor lifelessly. Her body was weak. Whatever food entered her stomach ended up in the sink. Nervousness had gotten the best of her. The exam would begin in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter