x.2

The Mob

"Ji Yeon-ssi we haven't been acquainted yet, I'm Jin, it's about time I finally get to meet you." He takes my hand, but I firmly pull it back with all my force.

"Ahjusshi listen I am in no mood for this right," I quickly glance at my wrist watch "! Listen I'd really love to stay and chat but right now I have to give a toast so if you will please excuse me." I try and make a run for it, however that JB grabs a hold of waist causing the knee high black and blue dress to ride up slightly.

"Ji Yeon-ah this is urgent we need you... I need you." He whispered ever so quietly but quiet enough for me to hear. My breath hitch at his words.

Jin takes his long strides towards me making stumble back a little, fortunately JB is holding me upright.

"Ji Yeon-ssi we have some business we need to take care of...oh I'm sorry, I meant some business you need to take care of," He coldly said as his dark brown orbs glared into mine. "As I remember clearly you still owe us, I hope you made good use of that money you ran off with."

"Yah whatever it is count me out, I'm finally back on track with my perfectly normal life I don't need you ruining this!" With that said Jin had managed to get even closer this time I had a perfectly clear view of him raising his hand, waiting any second now for it to come in contact with my face.

"THWAAAP!" He had actually slapped me I was dumbfounded, what in tarnation I swear if he even- and that's when my thoughts were interrupted my his honey like voice.

"Don't 'yah' me!" as he calmed down he inhaled a deep breath before letting out another slur of words, "This is the only thing I ask of you I need you for one mission and then you can call it quits, but to persuade you a little more, well let's just say I have leverage." That left me utterly confused.

"What kind of leverage?" I asked, my curiosity was killing me. With that a few other men came in to view, all of them wearing black making sure to blend in with the darkness that was now taking over the entire venue.

"Well your best friend- what's her name again? Oh yeah Hana, well it's pretty simple I kill her and your family or I can torture you till you eventually die," "On second thought I might just actually do both," and with that Jin let out a wicked laugh, so infuriatingly loud I grabbed him by the collar, anger had just flown through me. As I was about swing my closed fist to his face he smirked. He smirked which irked me so bad I was confused.

"YAH- get her!" That was when all of his men held me back and he happened to get out a pocket knife.

"You really think you can do that to me Ji Yeon-ssi? Well think again,"

That's when he slashed me across my cheek with the blade, I was taken aback by the severe stinging coming from the wound. I was so sure by this point in time I had missed my maid of honour speech and if I was somehow going to make it out alive after this encounter with Jin there is no way Hana is going to let me live.

"I presume I have persuaded you to take on this mission Ji yeon-ssi?"

I nodded to avoid further angering him.

"Great I shall be in touch very soon." And with Jin and his men left leaving me and JB alone.

He caressed my cheek and quickly handed me his handkerchief.

"Are you okay? I would've warned you first about the mission but things kinda got complicated back at the base."

"I don't need your help." I slapped his hand away furiously. "I've had enough of your help the last time we met."

"Ji Yeonnie I'm sorry." I my heel to get back to the wedding reception, I wasn't going to let any of this affect me, I had to get back the happy, carefree Ji Yeon that everyone had portrayed me as.

As soon as I made it back to the venue I saw Hana not too far from me, she had the look of despair written all over her face I knew she was disappointed in me, I had no idea what to tell her "should I just tell her I took a dump, or I lost my way to the bathroom, hmm maybe I should just tell her a bunch of gangsters ambushed me to be a part of their next mission because I had stole their money and ran away and now they want to kill everyone I love-NAHHHHH that's too unbelievable there is no way in hell she'll believe that" I was too deep in my thoughts that I didn't realise I bumped into Minah.

" Ji Yeon where the were you? You missed the speech luckily the best man saved your sorry by mumbling on for a good 20 minutes."

"Sorry I-I,"

"Oh my god what happened to your face?" She said as she pointed to my now freshly wounded face. Crap how could I forgot?!

"Oh this...yeah...I must've had some bad food earlier so I was in the bathroom for quite some time but as soon as I came out I tripped on my heel and fell face flat on a piece of glass."

"Are you okay?" Hana questioned behind me, she must've overheard our conversation. Well at least I don't have to repeat it and accidentally get the facts wrong.

"Yeah I'll be fine." She took her hand and gently caressed my face to further inspect the wound. "I'm sorry about missing the speech."

"Hey no worries it's not like you missed my wedding or anything." She laughed it off and told me to go back to the hotel early if I needed to, so I then said my goodbyes to my friends and went back to the hotel which was within a 5 minute walk.

As I got to my room I lied on the bed contemplating on what I should do. I could run away again but it'll be hard now that they've got information on my friends and family. I guess I'll just have to take on this last mission. At least I'll get to see the boys again. The boys were the only people I had cherished when I was a part of that crazy life. They were more than my friends, they were my family.