Clearest Blue

Afterglow

_________________________________________________

 

There’s no such thing as the absence of sound, because even when the world is silent there’s a hum in your ears that’s almost haunting. The sound of silence can be peaceful, but in this moment it was deadly. In total darkness, Tzuyu wanted to hear anything—something to prove to her that she wasn’t dead now, floating into oblivion—but all she heard was nothingness, and it was deafening.

 

She tried to move her arms but something hard and tough cut into her wrists, keeping them in place at her sides. She groaned in pain. Tzuyu had no idea where she was, but she knew she wasn’t dead—the pain in her wrists confirmed that. She was tied up somewhere, lying on something hard and cold while blindfolded.

She tried her wrists again, summoning all her strength, but found she still could not break the restraints. How was her strength failing her now? Oh, right. It had been the gas, thick and heavy, burning her lungs and stinging her eyes. She had been looking for the others—where was Jihyo?—but felt something heavy hit the back of her head and the ceiling lights exploded into stars and there was only pain and darkness.

She might have had superhuman strength but her body was not indestructible. She was as susceptible to injury as any other normal human being. It was at times like these that she felt useless.

After a few minutes of silence, there was the sound of a door creaking open. Heavy footsteps bombarded the quiet. “Looks like she’s finally awake,” a man said somewhere in the darkness. Tzuyu didn’t have to see the man’s face to know it held a sneer. “You’ve kept us waiting for quite awhile, and we don’t like waiting.”

Tzuyu remained silent, holding her breath. She had to choose her next move wisely.

Tzuyu felt a hand on her upper arm, wiping her exposed skin with something cold and wet which made her instantly tense up. Then she felt the sharp prod of a needle piercing into her and she cried out in pain. “Let’s get started,” the same voice whispered in her ear, as sharp and piercing as the needle injecting something unknown into her body.

 


“Whatever you did, did it work?” Jihyo asked, looking at Akari with suspicion as Mina and Chaeyoung disappeared from view, taken outside.

Akari closed her eyes and thought about Mina...her face, her hair, the way her feet turned out when she walked. She opened her eyes again and looked down at herself. She ran a hand through her hair and examined its length. It was the same. “I can’t shapeshift anymore,” she observed. “I think it worked.”

Jihyo looked at Akari like a lightbulb lit up above her head. “If you can’t does that mean…”

“Mina has that power now,” Akari said, staring at the doorway that Mina had been rushed out of, as if she stared hard enough Mina would reappear, healthy and happy. But Mina was losing blood fast, struck by a hot piece of metal right above her heart.

The SWAT team had finished going through the school, searching for any survivors. Akari had killed all the HCA members, and so their bodies were zipped up into black bags, like nothing more than garbage, and carried out of the school. JYP finally appeared amid the chaos, clutching his arm as he was guided into the foyer. Students gathered as they watched him be escorted out of the building.

As he passed the students and few uninjured professors, he said: “As of right now, there’s a school-wide lock-down. No one leaves until I get back. It’s not safe.”

There were murmurs among the group, but no one questioned his orders.

Momo and Dahyun returned to the foyer, with Sana practically running to Dahyun as she returned. Jihyo let out a sigh as she noted the faces missing from their group. Chaeyoung and Mina were going to the hospital...but Tzuyu, where was Tzuyu?

“Did you see Tzuyu at all?” Jihyo asked Momo, a bit nervously. Momo shook her head.

“I figured she was with another group of students.”

“Dahyun?” Jihyo asked. “Did you see Tzuyu at all?”

“No,” Dahyun replied, sensing Jihyo’s dread. “No one has seen her?”

The crowd of students shook their heads, looking between each other.

“Let’s split up and search the school,” Nichkhun suggested, weaving through the students to make it to the front of the mob. “Some of you head to the west wing, the others, the east. Search every room, make sure she’s not hiding somewhere.”

She wouldn’t hide, Jihyo thought, but she moved toward the east wing with a great sense of urgency and a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. She began jogging, searching room to room. She found nothing but the familiar school. The familiar class rooms. The familiar desk and white boards. The familiar dorms. But there was no Tzuyu, who wasn’t just familiar. She was so much more than that and she was gone.



The surgery Mina underwent was quite complicated. For starters, her physical form often changed before the surgeon’s eyes. As the doctors attempted to remove the bullet lodged inside her chest her skin stretched and tightened. Some doctors couldn’t handle the fact that they were operating on a mutant. They walked out, refusing to perform the surgery, and so others had to be recruited.

Chaeyoung sat in the waiting room, drumming her fingers in anguish as she waited to hear the news. JYP was also hurt in the incident, but it was nothing more than a broken arm. As soon as it was casted he was on his feet, traveling from room to room, attempting to keep track of all the professors and students from his school who were being treated. He’d tasked Chaeyoung with keeping an eye on Mina, and Chaeyoung was more than happy to comply. There wasn’t a chance she wouldn’t be by Mina’s side...or as close as she could get for now.

A nurse entered the waiting room and Chaeyoung stood up, heart suddenly pounding at the nervous look on the woman’s face. “You’re Son Chaeyoung?” the woman asked.

Chaeyoung nodded. “Yes, is she alright?”

“Your friend...are you aware that she’s...not normal?”

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened. “What do you mean?”

The nurse looked around the room and stepped closer. “She’s...a mutant,” she whispered.

“Oh,” Chaeyoung replied. “Yes, I’m aware.”

The nurse looked relieved. “The surgery is proving to be more difficult than expected, but the doctors are doing their best. But your friend...she keeps changing.”

“Changing?” Chaeyoung had thought she’d seen something strange happen to Mina as she was rushed into the back of the ambulance but things were too chaotic for her to really register it.

“Her appearance...physically changes at times.”

Chaeyoung froze.

“As they try to operate, her skin and organs are expanding and contracting. But they were finally able to dislodge the bullet.”

Chaeyoung released the breath she was holding.

“She’s resting now, but you can at least come and stay with her so you can be there when she wakes up.”

Chaeyoung followed the nurse to the trauma wing of the hospital, glancing inside the other rooms and shuddering at the sight. Mina did not belong here with all these sick and injured people.

Finally they reached a room at the end of the hall and the nurse stopped a few feet away from the door. “You can go inside,” she motioned to the door, clearly not wanting to get too close. Chaeyoung took a deep breath and opened the door.

It took Chaeyoung a moment to adjust to the sight of a pale and sickly Mina laying on her back on the hospital bed, hair fanned out in all directions on the pillow. She looked almost peaceful... except the girl laying on the bed wasn’t Mina.

Chaeyoung felt like she’d been punched in the gut and her feet were sinking into the tile floor. She looked behind her at the nurse, who was watching her curiously from a distance. The nurse simply nodded and closed the door behind Chaeyoung, trapping her in the room with the girl that was supposed to be Mina but wasn’t.

The girl on the bed looked older than Mina, by at least a few years. She had dark brown hair and soft features. Chaeyoung had never seen her before in her life. But this was Mina, right? This was the girl that Chaeyoung realized she loved as the girl’s blood spilled through her fingers.

Your friend...she keeps changing.

Whatever Akari had done to Mina, it’d worked. She restored her life, but she’d transferred over a power to her as well. Mina could shapeshift. Only it appeared she had no control over it whatsoever.

Chaeyoung sat down in the chair beside the hospital bed, observing Mina with wide eyes. Who was this girl she’d changed into? Was it someone Mina’d known in the past? Was it simply someone she’d seen passing by on the street?

Chaeyoung pulled out her phone and texted Jihyo:

Whatever Akari did it saved Mina’s life...but she can shapeshift now.

Chaeyoung waited for what seemed like forever. She was exhausted from the long day and the trauma of the events that had occurred. The sun was setting and her eyelids were growing heavier…

The feeling of fingers running through her hair jolted Chaeyoung awake. She sat up and her eyes immediately burned from the harsh fluorescent lights overhead. Squinting, she took in her surroundings. She had fallen forward and was resting her head and arms on the hospital bed. Mina’s warm and gentle face was to her right, smiling tightly, skin stretching over bone, but her eyes were luminescent.

It was her. It was Chaeyoung’s Mina. With her shoulder length black hair, tousled this way and that. What little makeup she wore was smudged slightly around her eyes.

She was sitting up in her bed and she had been running her fingers through Chaeyoung’s short hair as she let the younger girl rest.

“It’s you,” Chaeyoung said. “Are you okay?” It was a stupid question to ask, but she asked it nonetheless.

“I’m okay,” Mina confirmed through her cracked lips. “Is everyone else okay?”

Chaeyoung hesitated. She knew there were many others from the school at the hospital, some in stable condition and others in urgent condition. “All of our friends are okay,” but this was a lie. There was one person whose location and condition was unknown. In the aftermath of the attack, after extensive searches of the school, she was nowhere to be found, according to Jihyo’s frantic texts. But Mina didn’t have to know about that right now.

Mina sighed with relief. “I thought I was going to die,” she admitted.

You did die. “You gave us all a good scare.” Did she remember what Chaeyoung had whispered to her as she was bleeding out?

“But Mina...Akari gave you something to help you. To save you.”

This caught Mina’s attention. She leaned forward, anticipating Chaeyoung’s next words.

“The nurses, they told me when they were operating on you...you changed.”

Mina looked confused. She opened to say something but Chaeyoung cut her off.

“You can shapeshift now.”

Mina looked alarmed, but she said nothing.

“When I first came in here, you looked like someone else. But you must’ve changed back when I fell asleep.”

Mina didn’t like the fact that she’d changed while unconscious. She didn’t feel any different, but surely she should, right?

“What did I look like?” Mina whispered.

Chaeyoung rested a hand on Mina’s leg which was buried under the covers. “An older woman...maybe mid-twenties...with dark brown, straight hair...you looked peaceful.”

Mina thought for a moment. “I had a dream...about the facility. Dr. Tanaka…” she stopped and her eyes widened. “Dr. Tanaka.” Her neck was bent at an odd, inhuman angle. Mina couldn’t bring herself to close the woman’s eyes, even though she knew it was the respectful thing to do.

There was a flash of pain behind Mina’s eyes. Chaeyoung watched as Mina’s form blurred slightly and was replaced with the woman she’d seen in the bed earlier. This “Dr. Tanaka” woman, Chaeyoung assumed.

“It’s okay,” Chaeyoung assured. “We’ll figure things out. You’ll learn to control it, just like you’ve learned to control your other power.” Chaeyoung reached for Mina’s trembling hands and took them in her own. They were ice cold.

Mina shifted back to herself as she looked at Chaeyoung. Her eyes were shining from tears. “I know,” she replied. She would, but how long would it take?



 

“Where could she possibly be?” Jihyo cried out, collapsing onto her bed, feeling as if all of the energy was out of her. Tzuyu was gone. No one had seen what happened to her during the onset of the HCA members invading the school. There was too much blood and chaos. Jihyo’d used her powers, once they’d returned, to scan the school for any sign of Tzuyu, only she couldn’t feel her presence at all. She wanted to go out and search every inch of Korea for her, but JYP had initiated that campus wide lock-down in his absence.

They must have her,” Jeongyeon replied, sitting down on her own bed. “She would never just run away without a word. She must’ve been forced out.”

The thought of that happening to Tzuyu made Jihyo want to throw up. She was supposed to protect her friends and she’d let Tzuyu down when the younger girl needed her the most.

“We’ll find her, don’t worry,” Jeongyeon assured, sensing Jihyo’s thoughts. “The police are looking for her, and once JYP is back you know he’ll use every resource to find her.”

Jihyo sighed and looked up at her ceiling, tracing the white texture of it with her eyes. If something happened to Tzuyu, what would she do? What if by the time they reached her it was too late? Jihyo couldn’t even allow herself to think about that. She knew Tzuyu was tough. One of the toughest girls she’d ever met. She’d be able to hold out long enough for Jihyo to find her, right?

“I can’t just sit around here and do nothing,” Jihyo whined. “Poor Tzuyu…”

“As long as they have that gas, going after her is a suicide mission. Without our powers, we’re useless.” Jeongyeon looked at Jihyo with a sympathetic stare. She wanted to find Tzuyu as much as Jihyo, but she didn’t want anyone else getting hurt in the process.

Jihyo groaned and kicked at her bed. Not being able to do anything while Tzuyu was out there all alone was killing her. The thought of Mina in the hospital with her new power made her nervous as well, but she knew she had to stay at the school and look after the remaining students in JYP’s absence. “If the police don’t find her soon I’m going after her alone.”

“And face a bunch of people armed with guns who hate you? I can’t let you do that,” Jeongyeon shook her head. “Hey Nayeon, can you tell Jihyo how stupid she sounds right now?”

Nayeon wasn’t listening though. She was blasting music with her headphones on, trying to block out the nagging thoughts in her head. The one person that could fix this becomes useless when we need her the most. What good are you then? Akari’s words replayed in her mind over and over. Mina had almost died and she’d just stood there and watched like a worthless fool. The same thing had happened with Sana. Nayeon had let her guard down, been stripped of her powers, and Sana had almost bled out too. And now Tzuyu was gone, and none of them had even noticed until the battle was over. What good was she, really?

Nayeon flinched at the sudden hand on her shoulder. She tore her headphones off and looked at Jeongyeon, who was hovering over her, in annoyance. “What?” she snapped.

“Jihyo wants to go find Tzuyu on her own,” Jeongyeon said. “Tell her how stupid she is, please.”

Nayeon paused her music and sat up in her bed, looking at Jihyo. She remained silent though as the wheels in her head spun.

“I don’t like that look,” Jeongyeon groaned. “C’mon, you know it’s suicide. We all know the HCA has her. She wouldn’t just run away on her own. It’s probably a trap, just like it was with Momo.”

“I don’t like sitting here doing nothing,” Nayeon muttered. “Tzuyu’s out there and she needs our help.”

“Exactly!” Jihyo replied, eyes suddenly burning with hope and passion. “Maybe if we take precautions we can be sure to not let the gas effect us. And Akari, she can fight. She doesn’t need her powers to beat people up anyway.”

At the sound of Akari’s name, Nayeon made a face. “I’m not going anywhere with her.”

Jihyo rolled her eyes. “Look, Nayeon, I know she’s made some mistakes—”

“—some mistakes?” Nayeon replied, voice rising in volume. “She tried to murder Sana. She basically put a welcome mat outside of the school for the HCA and look what happened! All of this is her fault!”

“Yeah, you’re right,” Jihyo admitted. “But we can’t do anything about that now. What we can do though is use her to our advantage. With her on our side we can get Tzuyu back.”

“And what makes you think she’d help us get Tzuyu, anyway?” Nayeon challenged.

“Mina,” Jihyo whispered, plain and simple. “She loves Mina. And Tzuyu is Mina’s friend.”

Nayeon and Jeongyeon looked at Jihyo like she’d grown a second head. “I watched Akari nearly kill Chaeyoung. It happened in another timeline, which I prevented from being our own, luckily,” Nayeon added. “What makes you think Akari’d do anything different now? She doesn’t care about us.”

“I’ve felt what she feels,” Jihyo confirmed. “She’s not the same person who she used to be. Mina helped give her a second chance and she feels thankful for that. She likes us now and I know she cares about Mina. I’m not blind, have you seen the way Akari looks at her? Did you see her when Mina was bleeding out? She was devastated. And she saved Mina, too.”

Jihyo had told her friends about the text Chaeyoung had sent her about Mina’s new powers. It was confirmed then that whatever Akari did worked.

“Fine, but I’m not gonna go rally her onto our side. That’s up you,” Nayeon sighed.

“I can’t believe you two,” Jeongyeon threw up her hands. “You’re both gonna get killed.” She paused. “But you know I can’t let you go out there alone. So I’m coming too.”



 

Jihyo knocked tentatively on Akari’s door. She knew the older girl was holed up in there doing who-knows-what. “Hey, Akari?” Jihyo called.

After a few seconds the door slowly opened. Akari peaked her head out. She looked disheveled and drained. Her eyes were red, possibly from crying.

“Nayeon, Jeongyeon and I are going to look for Tzuyu. We think the HCA has her. Would you come with us?” Jihyo tried to seem as open and friendly as possible, but she could already feel Akari’s distrust and shame rolling off of her in waves.

Jihyo knew that Akari had the weight of the entire attack on her shoulders. Jihyo could feel the burden and it was almost too much for her to bear, even just for a brief moment. She did remember everything about her past, but her new life her at the school had changed her outlook on things. For example, even though Akari was a bit of a wreck, Jihyo couldn’t feel any hatred for her or her friends. Akari just felt hatred for herself.

“Aren’t we all on lockdown?” Akari asked.

“Yeah,” Jihyo shrugged. “But Tzuyu needs our help. Who knows if she’ll be okay by the time the police find her? We’re her best chance. Maybe her only chance.”

Akari remained silent, thinking. She thought of Tzuyu, subjected to torture or experiments at the hands of the HCA. A cold, stainless steel table under a harsh, fluorescent lamp. She thought of her own experience at the Facility...and then, naturally, she thought of Mina, being subjected to the same cruel treatment. Mina being injected with substances with unknown effects. How was Mina now? She was hanging on? Was she bleeding out? Did she—

“Your powers did transfer to Mina,” Jihyo added, addressing some of Akari’s wandering thoughts. Boy, Akari really did care for that girl. “Chaeyoung texted me that she can shapeshift. She can’t control it though.”

“No, that’ll take time,” Akari said thoughtfully. “The first time I shifted I was stuck looking like Satomi Ishihara for nearly a month. I’m not kidding.”

Jihyo knew she really wasn’t kidding. The thought of Mina being in a similar predicament both amused and horrified Jihyo. But Mina’s new power wasn’t the pressing matter at hand—Tzuyu’s life was at stake. “Please Akari,” Jihyo begged. “Going against the HCA means dealing with people with guns and that awful gas again. With you on our side we can’t lose.”

“Alright,” Akari agreed. “But we do this my way. Understand?”

Jihyo nodded.

“We’ll leave in a few hours, just before it gets dark. I think I might know a few places to check. Be prepared to fight and tell Nayeon to be ready to turn back time at any moment.”


 

Tzuyu had slipped into some semblance of sleep during all the poking and prodding. Lights burned above her brightly, so harsh they were blue. Men in lab coats hovering above her faded in and out of view. She was slowly snapping back into this reality...this new, horrible, nightmare like existence. She found herself thinking of her friends...were they okay? Were they even alive?

Tzuyu felt a tear fall down her face and she immediately tensed up, not wanting that pain to show. She didn’t want these people to think she was afraid, even though a large part of her believed she might never leave this room again.

“What are you doing to me?” she managed to croak out, looking at one of the men standing by her side. Her voice sounded raw and dry.

“Seeing what makes you different from us,” the man replied. His voice sounded small and far away. “We can’t fight an enemy we don’t understand.”

An enemy. Tzuyu was too weak to feel outraged. Instead, she felt indifferent and numb. “Are you going to kill me?”

“Kill you?” the man looked surprised. “A perfectly fine specimen? No, we have plans for you—”

“Jesus, Minseo. Shut your mouth! Didn’t anyone ever tell you you talk too much?” another man snapped, face pinched up in annoyance.

“Sorry,” Minseo muttered, turning away to look at data entered into some medical machine.

Tzuyu swallowed and took a shallow, ragged breath. Finally there were no more needles in her, and it seemed the men in coats had finished collecting whatever data they needed for now. She was left alone in the darkness. The lights flickered off in the mens’ absence and Tzuyu found comfort in it...finally a relief to her senses, which had been overwhelmed and overused for what felt like hours.

She let her eyes closed and attempted to fall back asleep, figuring she’d need to conserve what little strength she had left. She let her mind wander, and it took her straight to Jihyo. Jihyo smiling in the library. Jihyo finding her in the gym, looking at her with concern on her face. Jihyo sitting in the desk next to her, saying “If you got hurt I’d never forgive myself.

Funny how she tried to tell Jihyo she could take care of herself. Now here she was, a helpless labrat in some underground lair somewhere near or far from her home, she wasn’t even sure. I’ll try my best not to get hurt, for your sake, Tzuyu thought to herself.

 

“I’m happy you’re here,” Mina replied, watching Chaeyoung shovel some hospital pudding into with a spoon. Mina would be in the hospital for at least a few more days, recovering from her surgery, but Chaeyoung insisted on staying with her for as long as possible. This just meant for one night, then Mina would force the younger girl to actually fall asleep in her own bed versus resting on Mina’s hospital bed in what looked like an uncomfortable position.

Chaeyoung looked up at her and quickly swallowed before smiling back at the girl. “Where else would I be?”

Mina shrugged, but continued to stare at Chaeyoung happily. “I’m just thankful...for everything. When I first came to Korea, I thought I’d never be happy again. Leaving my family behind...the place where I grew up...even my dog, I was devastated. You helped make JYP’s school my home.”

Chaeyoung’s dimple appeared as she continued smiling at Mina. “I dropped a book on your head, don’t you remember?”

Mina laughed and nodded. “I thought you were so cool,” she admitted.

Chaeyoung nearly spit out her pudding. Her, cool? Chaeyoung shook her head in amusement. “You thought I was so cool, as in past tense...does that mean you don’t think I am anymore?”

Mina smiled cheekily. “You actually turned out to be a huge dork.”

“Hey!” Chaeyoung protested, but she laughed. “You are too. You might be this all-powerful hypnotist but you’re actually a nerd.”

“Not all-powerful enough, apparently,” Mina added dryly. The mood instantly darkened and Chaeyoung remembered everything that had happened within the last 24 hours.

“Well, I mean, you’re still human. No one can withstand a bullet unless you have indestructible skin, which you don’t, obviously.”

Mina simply shrugged but then winced, pressing a hand to the right side of her chest. The movement of her shrug pulled at her stitches.

“Take it easy,” Chaeyoung begged, immediately standing up and moving closer to Mina.

Mina looked up at her and there was a ripple...her features flickered for a second and changed. Chaeyoung was staring at a version of herself with Mina’s shoulder-length hair. Chaeyoung jumped back in surprise and Mina’s expression turned from one of pain to one of confusion.

All Chaeyoung could do was stare for a moment, taking in the bizarre sight, before started working again. “You...you’ve changed.”

And just like that, Mina was back to normal again.

“I didn’t even know...I didn’t even realize. I can’t feel it. Am I still—” she put her hands against her face, feeling her nose and cheeks in a panic.

“No, you’re back to normal now,” Chaeyoung assured.

Mina sighed with relief. “Who did I look like this time?”

Chaeyoung sat down in her seat and felt her cheeks flushing slightly. “Me.”

Mina could feel her own face burning. “I’m sorry, that’s so weird,” she bowed her head slightly and winced again, clutching her wound, which was heavily bandaged beneath her blue hospital gown.

“When you think of someone you shift into them, it seems,” Chaeyoung observed. “So does that mean you were thinking of me just now?”

Mina pouted and turned away, hiding behind her hair. “Well...you were talking to me and when someone talks to me I think about them because they have my attention,” Mina quickly blurted out and Chaeyoung smiled slyly.

“I’m just teasing,” Chaeyoung replied. She ran a hand through her short hair out of habit as she sat back down in her chair. “I’m sure Akari can help you make sure that doesn’t happen when you don’t want it to.”

At the sound of Akari’s name, Mina perked up, and Chaeyoung half expected the older girl to suddenly look like Akari herself, but Mina didn’t change. “I know things have been hard with Akari being at the school. I’m sorry I’ve put you in an uncomfortable position with her. I just hope you understand, I feel responsible for her. I wanted to make things right.”

“Of course I understand,” Chaeyoung assured, swallowing another bite of pudding. “And she saved your life too...so I’m thankful for that.” Even though she was basically the one responsible for the attack, by giving the power-blocking gas to the HCA. But Mina didn’t need to hear that right now. “You did the right thing.”

Did Mina remember that Akari had killed all of the surviving HCA members without hesitation? Did she remember that Akari told her that all her memories were back? Holding Mina, Chaeyoung had heard everything that came from Akari’s mouth. Likewise, she knew that Akari had heard everything she had said to Mina too. So Akari knew where Chaeyoung stood...and Chaeyoung could infer where Akari stood too.

The thought of Akari standing in her way of Mina’s heart angered Chaeyoung. How could this girl who killed without thought mean anything to Mina? How could someone with that much blood on their hands appeal to someone so gentle and kind? Yet, Chaeyoung knew Mina cared for Akari still. Mina was too kind...too forgiving…she wanted to see the good in everyone…

Was there good in Akari? Maybe, Chaeyoung couldn’t be sure. Even though the mere thought of Akari made her uneasy, she put on a brave face for Mina’s sake.

“Chaeyoung?” Mina asked quietly. Chaeyoung snapped from her own thoughts and returned her attention to the older girl in front of her. “Are you okay?”

Chaeyoung smiled duly and nodded. “Yeah, just thinking, that’s all.”

Mina nodded, as if she wasn’t quite satisfied with that answer, but didn’t press further. “I can’t wait to go home. Things won’t be the same now though, will they?”

“No,” Chaeyoung responded. “They won’t be the same at all.”

___________________________________________________

Hey all! Sorry for the long wait. I've been super busy lately. Anyway, thanks for reading and tell me what you guys think!!