Always In Reverse

Afterglow

(gif credit: @fortwice on tumblr)

_______________________________

“I guess leaving the kimchi house was a blessing, because this stew is amazing!” Jihyo, ever the positive ray of sunshine she always was, beamed at Tzuyu from across the table.

Tzuyu agreed—the soup was really amazing—but she couldn’t get rid of the pit in her stomach, which formed due to their encounter with that terrible man earlier. How could he hate people so much without even knowing them? It was sickening, really.

Jihyo seemed to notice Tzuyu’s wandering mind, because she scooted forward slightly and lowered her head so that it was more in Tzuyu’s line of vision. “Hey, don’t worry about what happened, okay? It’s not worth fighting ignorant people. He’s just scared, that’s all. And when people are scared they become stupid.”

Tzuyu simply nodded. She raised her hand and took a sip of the soup’s broth. It felt warm and satisfying sliding down .

“Luckily I think he’s one of the minority of people that believe that the Mutant Registration Act should be passed. It’s all so extreme, isn’t it? Electing to give away people’s rights without their consent...choosing security over freedom…” Jihyo’s voice trailed off and she stared down at her bowl of soup as if all the answers she was looking for were hidden under a floating piece of kimchi.

“I can’t believe he was talking to you like that. He almost hit you…” Tzuyu’s voice faltered a bit. “There was nothing I could do about it...I couldn’t even protect you.” There was so much bitterness laced in Tzuyu’s voice that Jihyo felt her stomach drop. She could feel Tzuyu’s yearning for her powers back. It was so powerful and desperate that it came off of her in waves.

“If you would’ve beat that guy up it would’ve just created a bigger scene anyway. You would’ve exposed us both...who knows what could’ve happened. Seriously, don’t worry about it! Drunk guys are jerks, that’s nothing new! Now finish your stew so we have some time to window shop before the movie, okay?”

Tzuyu nodded and did as she was told. Jihyo watched her with a bit of fondness and worry. “It’ll just take some getting used to, this whole being normal thing,” Tzuyu finally said.

“It’ll take awhile but you will get used to it. And who knows, maybe JYP’s contacts will know how to restore your powers!” Jihyo smiled at Tzuyu but the younger girl held a frown.

“I’m not gonna get my hopes up,” Tzuyu sighed, and then picked up her chopsticks and plucked a piece of kimchi into .

Jihyo’s smile faltered slightly. She wished she could promise Tzuyu that things would be okay, but she couldn’t. There was a chance that Tzuyu had lost her powers for good. “You done? Let’s get the check and head to a store. I saw a cute boutique with some winter coats for you!”

Tzuyu reached into her bag to pull out some money but Jihyo tisked. “It’s on me,” Jihyo insisted. “This whole day is, actually.”

“Jihyo—“ Tzuyu began.

Jihyo held up a hand. “Not another word. It’s my pleasure. Plus, JYP might have given me some money to spend…”

Tzuyu’s eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Really?” JYP might have inherited a small fortune but he believed in hard work and really gave out money to students for unimportant reasons—leisure-related activities especially.

Jihyo nodded excitedly. She could barely contain her smile as she thanked the waiter and set money down for a tip. Jihyo reached for Tzuyu’s hand and pulled her out of the restaurant and back into the mall. For being significantly shorter than Tzuyu, Jihyo moved quickly. Tzuyu had to walk fast to keep up.



 

“Let me get this straight…” Sana began. “You want us to go to the building where Tzuyu was held...find one of the scientists that experimented on her...jump him when he’s leaving and kidnap him...bring him somewhere safe and secure...and then interrogate him using either Mina or Jihyo’s powers to find out how the HCA managed to take away Tzuyu’s powers and how they might be able to get them back?”

Dahyun smiled proudly, then nodded. “Exactly!”

Sana was silent for a moment, staring at Dahyun with narrowed eyes. “Brilliant!” She leaned into Dahyun’s shoulder and began knocking on the girl’s head lightly. “You’re so smart!”

“We just have to get everyone else on board...and also this is highly illegal so we need to keep it on the down-low.”

Sana nodded excitedly. “We’re gonna get Tzuyu’s powers back and everything will be right in the world again!” Sana pulled out her phone and sent out a group text to her “squad” group message. Mina was the only one who didn’t have a cell phone, so they’d have to stop by and let her know. Everyone had to meet tonight to talk over the plan.


Mina woke up from her nap feeling slightly drowsy but oddly refreshed. She stretched, but then quickly stopped, remembering everything that’d happened earlier in the day. She must’ve fallen asleep while Nayeon had been laying down next to her, but now the older girl was gone. Mina ran a hand through her hair and nearly jumped with joy at the sight of her usual, black hair. She ran over to her small desk mirror and let out a release of breath at the sight of her face. She was finally back to normal!

It was good timing too, because there was a knock on the door, followed by Sana’s trilling voice calling Mina’s name. Mina opened the door to find both Sana and Dahyun staring back at her. “Everyone’s meeting tonight after dinner to discuss...some plans,” Sana explained. “At 7 we’re meeting in my room!”

“Plans?” Mina asked, tilting her head to the side slightly. She mindlessly began flattening out her skirt, which had gotten wrinkled during her nap.

“I think I know a way to get Tzuyu’s powers back!” Dahyun replied in a loud whisper. She looked around to make sure no one else was in the hallway and then smiled proudly, causing her eyes to squint up into half moons.

“Really?” Mina asked incredulously. She was going to ask for more information but at that moment Akari happened to stumble by. The three girls quieted down at the sight of her. There was a bit of a tension in the air.

“Akari!” Mina called out. If there was a meeting at 7 then she’d have to reschedule her training lesson with the brunette.

Akari didn’t even turn in Mina’s direction though, she kept walking. Mina looked to Sana and Dahyun apologetically. “Excuse me,” she replied, pushing past them. “I’ll be there tonight!” she confirmed to both of them as she began to chase after Akari.

“Akari!” Mina called again, walking quickly behind the older girl. Why was she being ignored? “I have to push back our session tonight! Can we do 8PM instead?”

Akari came to a halt and Mina nearly ran into the girl’s back. Akari straightened her shoulders and turned around to face Mina. There was a bit of a wild look to the girl’s eyes, and it was so startling that Mina took a step backward. “Akari?” Mina whispered. The girl’s eyes bore into her with something Mina detected as hate and sadness. “What’s wrong?”

Mina stepped forward and reached her hand out to grab Akari’s, but Akari flinched at the movement and turned her body away. “I thought you weren’t talking to me anymore,” she murmured. “Why would you want to talk to a m u r d e r e r, anyway?”

The way Akari said the word “murderer” sent chills down Mina’s spine. “What are you—” Mina began to ask, but Akari quickly turned away and began walking determinedly away from the shorter girl.

Mina simply watched her go, looking after her with an expression of worry and confusion.

Sana and Dahyun, who had stood in the hallway awkwardly watching the encounter, quickly ran up to Mina. Sana patted Mina’s back to comfort her. “What happened?” Dahyun asked.

Mina simply shrugged and hung her head. Her heart felt heavy and with every inhale of breath her lungs stung. “I’m not sure,” she answered.



 

Later that day, in Sana and Momo’s room, Chaeyoung was beyond relieved to see Mina walk in. Unable to contain her happiness, Chaeyoung beamed at Mina as the girl sat down on the floor next to Chaeyoung.

“You’re back to normal!” Chaeyoung whispered happily. Mina simply nodded.

“How are you feeling?” Jihyo replied from her spot on Momo’s bed. “We heard you were sick.” Jihyo gave Mina a knowing look though and the younger girl could instantly feel a sense of embarrassment creeping over her.

“I just...wasn’t feeling like myself,” Mina murmured. “But I’m fine now.”

“We’re glad you’re feeling better!” Momo, with her arm around Nayeon, said cutely.

Nayeon remained silent but had a smug look on her face. Mina gave her a warning look that said: “Don’t say a word.” Nayeon simply winked.

“So what’s this big plan of yours?” Jeongyeon asked Dahyun.

“Disclaimer: it may involve illegal activities including kidnapping, and also a stakeout.”

“It’s never a good sign when you start off with a disclaimer,” Nayeon mused, but she was smiling slightly.

“Illegal activities, as in plural illegal acts? Count me in,” Chaeyoung said, and that earned a laugh from everyone.

Dahyun began to explain her plan of kidnapping an HCA scientist and interrogating them. “I don’t think this will require everyone, but we’ll need Jihyo to read their mind, Mina to erase the memories of being kidnapped or force them to tell the truth, and Tzuyu to tell us which scientist will be the most helpful.”

Everyone was silent for a moment, taking it in.

“I’d say it’s dangerous but we already broke in there a week ago...this actually sounds safer than that,” Jeongyeon was the first to break the silence.

“I could get him or her to talk if necessary,” Mina confirmed. “And I could replace the scientist’s memories with false memories...they would think they just went out for a drink after work or something.”

“And I could try to read their mind...even if they tried to hide it they can’t suppress their memories from me,” Jihyo added. “But Tzuyu...this is for you, so what do you think?”

Everyone turned to Tzuyu, who had remained silent this entire time. She was looking at the floor like it was the most interesting thing in the world. “I don’t want any more people to risk their safety for me.”

“Oh hush.” Jihyo took one of Tzuyu’s hands and squeezed it. “You know we’d throw ourselves into danger for you without hesitation.”

“Since we wouldn’t actually be entering the building, it really shouldn’t be dangerous at all.” Dahyun leaned forward on Sana’s bed and looked at Tzuyu across the room.

Tzuyu remained silent, thinking.

“We all volunteer. All you need to do is tell us which scientist we should kidnap. Whatever one you saw while you were in there…” Jihyo’s voice trailed off.

“I saw two people...I could point them out to you,” Tzuyu sighed.

Dahyun clapped loudly and Sana cheered.

“I’ll go with you guys, just in case anything goes wrong,” Nayeon offered.

“I don’t know what I could do to help...but I just wanna be a part of a stakeout!” Sana cried.

“Okay, so Tzuyu, Jihyo, Mina, Nayeon and Sana…and me of course, since it was my idea,” Dahyun listed out. “We just need to borrow a van from the school and take it out there...that’s where we can bring the scientist to to do the data extraction.”

“Data extraction?” Nayeon asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I just thought that sounded cool...but you know what I mean...we’re extracting data from someone’s mind!” Dahyun grinned and began humming the 007 theme song. Nayeon simply shook her head.

It was decided that on Friday evening, in two days, the girls would begin their stakeout of the building.

The girls began filling out of Sana and Momo’s room, although Dahyun remained behind to talk to Sana some more. Nayeon gave Momo a kiss on the check and headed out behind Jeongyeon. When Jeongyeon began to go the opposite way of the room they shared, Nayeon called out to her roommate curiously.

“Just hanging out with someone,” Jeongyeon stated innocently.

Nayeon raised an eyebrow at her friend. “Are you gonna tell me who?”

“Nope.” Jeongyeon winked at her friend. “I need to maintain my air of mystery.”

Nayeon rolled her eyes at Jeongyeon, who simply laughed, and continued to walk down the hallway in the direction of the boys’ wing.

Chaeyoung practically skipped out in the hallway after Mina. Though Chaeyoung was in a good mood, she could tell that her friend was slightly down. Something was clearly troubling her. Chaeyoung took Mina’s arm and began guiding her back toward the classrooms. This part of the school was normally empty at night so Chaeyoung often found herself wandering here to clear her head often, blasting music through her headphones.

“What’s wrong?” she asked Mina.

Mina’s eyes darted over to Chaeyoung. “It’s Akari...she was acting strange today.”

Chaeyoung pressed her lips together at the sound of Akari’s name. “Oh, really? How so?”

“She ignored me after I tried to reschedule my lesson with her tonight. Then she asked me why I wanted to hang out with her…”

That was a valid question, or at least Chaeyoung thought so, but she kept that to herself. “I’m sure everything’s okay…” Chaeyoung assured. “It’s Akari...she’s unpredictable.”

Mina didn’t say anything, but nodded. “I think I’m going to go back to my room and do some practice myself.” She unlinked her arm from Chaeyoung’s and stopped walking. “See you tomorrow?”

Chaeyoung was a bit disappointed that she wouldn’t have more time with Mina tonight, but she nodded. “See ya.” She watched as Mina half-heartedly waved with a fake smile on her face, spun around, and left Chaeyoung standing alone in the hallway.

All by herself, Chaeyoung began scruffing her sneakers along the tile floor of the hallway. She reached into her pockets and pulled out the headphones she always had on her and put them on. Humming to herself, she made her way further down the hallway until she came across a streak of light bleeding from the window of the door to a lone classroom. Was someone inside, this late at night?

Curious, Chaeyoung peeked her head in the window and scanned the room. She nearly jumped at the sight of Akari sitting in the back by herself. Akari happened to lift her head and see Chaeyoung peering in at her at that exact moment. Chaeyoung jumped back from the window, embarrassed, and gathered some courage before she opened the door and strode into the room.

“Chaeyoung.” It was said as a simple greeting—a statement really. Akari stared directly at the shorter girl. “Can’t you see I want to be left alone?”

“You love her, don’t you?” The question came out bluntly and randomly, but Chaeyoung couldn’t help herself. It had been eating away at her—the not knowing.

Akari ignored the question, fumbling with the hem of her skirt.

“Even when she erased your memories, right from the start, you loved her. I saw the way you looked at her…”

“What’s your point exactly?” Akari replied, not making eye contact with Chaeyoung.

“My point is, I love her too.”

Akari snorted. “Obviously.”

Chaeyoung curled her fists and tried to hold back her temper. “You may have saved her life but she doesn’t owe you anything. Her life was only in danger because of you.”

Akari was silent for a moment before she looked at Chaeyoung again. “You’re right.” She inspected her nails and pretended to look bored again.

“She still cares about you somehow. Because she…” Chaeyoung’s voice trailed off, too annoyed to finish the rest of her thought.

Akari stood up lazily and glared at Chaeyoung. “Because she’s a good person. And she thought she could fix me. I was a project of hers.”

They stood staring at each other, arms crossed. If they fought, Chaeyoung would never win, and they both knew it. Akari was just too powerful. But they weren’t facing each other in a battle of power, but of romance. Which one of them could really win Mina over? Chaeyoung had thought she’d had the upper hand until she noticed Mina spending so much time with Akari again. It was to master her new powers, Mina said, but Chaeyoung couldn’t help but wonder if there was more to it than that.

Akari thought of how easy it would be to end Chaeyoung here and now. A little focus and she could make her brain pop like something metal in a microwave. Then Mina wouldn’t have a choice. There’d just be her, as it should be. It was always meant to be Akari and Mina. Their paths crossed in ways that little Chaeyoung couldn’t even wrap her head around, and yet here she was—all 5’3” of her—staring defiantly at Akari.

Akari actually respected that. The girl had guts. She knew Chaeyoung actually was a pretty nice kid too, so she let her temper cool as she dug her nails into her palms. Plus, if she ever hurt Chaeyoung she knew her chances with Mina would really be toast. But did that even matter now anyway, when Mina had rejected her before she’d even confessed?

Was a project?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Mina doesn’t want me around anymore,” Akari stated plainly, pretending each word didn’t cut into her like a knife. “She wants you, Chaeyoung.”

“What are you talking about?” Chaeyoung’s eyes widened.

“She told me. Plain and simple. I’ll be gone by daybreak tomorrow. Out of everyone’s hair.”

“Akari—-“ Chaeyoung sat down at the desk next to the girl and looked at her with concern. “Mina would be devastated if you left.”

“Then why would she tell me to find someone else to pine after? Why would she call me a murderer?” Akari didn’t know why she was opening up to Chaeyoung, but she felt a strange sort of solidarity with the other girl. They both cared about the same person, at least.

Chaeyoung was at a loss. She tried to imagine Mina saying those things, but it felt wrong and twisted. “She wouldn’t say that...that doesn’t sound like something she would say.”

“I can’t blame her for saying those things. Some good sense finally came to her to keep me at arm’s length. I’m no good. That’s why I’m leaving.”

A few days ago, Chaeyoung might have been thrilled to hear Akari say that, but now she actually found herself feeling sad and guilty. After all, Akari had risked her neck saving Tzuyu. “You should talk to Mina again,” Chaeyoung replied. “At least say goodbye before you go.”

“I can’t say goodbye,” Akari said. “Because if she looks into my eyes and tells me to stay I know I will.”

Akari stood up from the desk and began to head toward the door. “Akari, please!” Chaeyoung called after her. Chaeyoung raised her hand and the classroom door shut violently on it’s own in Akari’s face. Taken a bit off guard, Akari simply laughed. “Why would you want me to stay? You have everything you want now.”

“Just today, Mina was telling me how sad she was that you missed your lesson with her. She didn’t understand why you didn’t come.”

That caught Akari’s attention. She turned around from the door to face Chaeyoung again. “Why would she be sad if she told me to stay away?”

“That’s what I’m saying,” Chaeyoung replied. “It doesn't make sense.”

Akari’s face scrunched up as she thought hard. “You’re saying she just said this to you today? Recently?”

Chaeyoung nodded.

“And she told me to stay away earlier…”

“When did Mina tell you this?”

Akari’s mouth set into a hard line as a sudden realization hit her. “It wasn’t Mina who told me at all.” Chaeyoung opened to question what Akari just said but the taller girl held up a hand. “Thanks for stopping me from making a big mistake.” On that note, Akari turned around and threw the door open, then began running in the direction of Mina’s dorm.

Akari stopped running once the pure rage caught up with her. Nayeon. The girl had been out to get Akari from the start. But this was a new low, even for her. Akari imagined storming into Nayeon’s room and killing her on the spot. She wouldn’t do it quickly though...she’d drain Nayeon’s powers and watch as she turned into a shell of herself. That’d teach her…

No! Wait. That was wrong! Akari clenched her jaw and began to pull at her hair. She could understand why Nayeon wanted her gone so badly. She’d hurt Sana, empowered the HCA, and almost got Mina killed, too. If she were in Nayeon’s position and someone had hurt Mina, wouldn’t she do the same thing? Anything to protect who she loved?

Akari took a shaky breath and dropped her hands. Mina. That was all that mattered now.

Akari ran a few feet before teleporting in front of Mina’s door. She knocked on it loudly and shifted her weight from foot to foot. “Mina?” Akari called. “Please tell me you’re here.”

There was the sound of shuffling and then the door opened slowly, revealing Mina looking like herself again. She seemed somewhat surprised to see Akari. “Oh, it’s you,” she said.

“I’m sorry about avoiding you and missing our lesson,” Akari said. “Earlier today I thought you told me to stay away from you.”

At that, Mina’s brow furrowed slightly. “What…?”

“Was Nayeon here this afternoon? In your room?”

Mina suddenly looked embarrassed, recalling her encounter with Nayeon, and nodded. “Yeah, she kind of burst in, unannounced. Why?”

“I was coming to talk to you when I saw her coming out of your room, but I thought it was you. I thought you were just able to at least adjust her hair to the right color.”

Mina tilted her head sightly.

“She said something to me that made me think I should leave,” Akari confessed. The details weren’t important—Mina didn’t need to know.

“Wait, Nayeon...pretended to be me?” Mina finally asked, trying to make sense of everything.

“She didn’t correct me when I thought she was you, anyway,” Akari confirmed. “She went along with it. That’s why I was a jerk when you tried to talk to me earlier, I’m sorry.”

Mina looked very concerned. She opened to say something but must’ve decided against it because she closed it again. She hummed and looked down at the ground. “I can’t believe she’d do something like that.”

“I’m not surprised,” Akari muttered. “I was stupid to believe she was you. You would never say things like that.”

Mina’s eyes widened at the thought of what Nayeon might have said. It was horrifying, actually. “I’m so sorry for whatever she said,” Mina replied, suddenly looking sad and distraught. It must have been terrible if it was enough to make Akari want to leave. “I...I want you around. I don’t want you to go.”

Akari sighed in relief to hear those words come from Mina’s mouth. “Okay, I’m not going anywhere then. Besides, we still have to work on your training. When did you shift back to normal, by the way?”

Mina shrugged. “I fell asleep while Nayeon was in the room and when I woke up I looked like me again. It must’ve been while I was sleeping.”

Akari nodded. “Makes sense. Sometimes sleep can help you relax. We’ll have to keep that in mind if it happens again. Even if it might not work every time.”

Mina was swaying slightly, clearly a little anxious. She looked in the direction of Nayeon’s room. “I think...I need to go talk to Nayeon,” she stated.

“Do you want me to give her a good beat down for you?” Akari asked, smiling slyly. Honestly though, the thought of Mina telling Nayeon off was somehow more satisfying than Akari confronting Nayeon herself.

Mina didn’t return the smile. Instead, she looked a bit troubled. “No,” she replied, stepping out into the hallway and closing her door. “See you tomorrow at the normal time?” Mina asked.

“Yup.” Akari watched as Mina slowly made her way to Nayeon’s room, suddenly looking determined. It was weird to see Mina...angry.

Mina knocked rather violently on the door. Jihyo was the first to open it, and her smile turned into a frown immediately when she saw Mina’s serious expression. “Is Nayeon there? I really need to talk to her.”

Jihyo turned around and called out Nayeon’s name, causing the girl to remove her headphones and jump off her bed. Jihyo stepped away from the door and let Nayeon take her place. Nayeon smiled at the sight of Mina but instantly got a bad feeling when Mina didn’t smile back.

“Can we talk?” Mina asked. “Somewhere privately?” Nayeon simply nodded and stepped out into the hallway. The girls began a walk in the direction of the courtyard, and Mina waited until she was sure no one was around to unleash her fury.

“What did you say to Akari?” Mina asked. Her voice was level but dangerous, and sounded louder than usual as it bounced throughout the empty hallway. Nayeon tried to look innocent but Mina wasn’t having it. “I know you pretended to be me.”

Nayeon suddenly looked very guilty. Her shoulders sagged slightly. “I’m sorry. I was trying to do you a favor—everyone a favor, actually.”

Mina looked away—face a mask. “How...dare you,” she said finally. She turned back to Nayeon and her eyes were shining with fire. “How dare you pretend to be me and try to send Akari away!”

Nayeon held up her hands, trying to calm Mina down. “Mina, I’m sorry. Akari is bad news. It’s better for all of us if she’s not here anymore and you know it!”

Mina shook her head. “You’re wrong. Akari’s changed. There’s good in her.”

Nayeon rolled her eyes. “That doesn’t excuse all she’s done and all she can still do. She’s dangerous! She could kill anyone in an instant.”

“So could I!” Mina practically roared, causing Nayeon to step back in surprise. For a second, Nayeon was scared of Mina. Before Nayeon’s eyes, the younger girl began to shift. Her features began to look more wolfish and dangerous until Nayeon was staring at perfect copy of Akari.

“You...wouldn’t hurt anyone…”

Mina continued to stare Nayeon down with a frightening look. “Not on purpose, anyway.” No one else knew Mina’s secret...the one she kept with her all this time. She had killed someone close to her. It was an accident, but it was murder all the same. Would anyone be able to look at her the same way if they knew? Would they have welcomed her into the school with open arms?

“Mina, I’m sorry,” Nayeon’s voice was rising and growing more unsteady. Being alone with Mina looking like Akari made Nayeon uncomfortable. It was like for a second she had forgotten that this was Mina in front of her. Mina, with her adorable giggle and gummy smile. Mina, who never raised her voice and couldn’t even stand to kill a bug...

Nayeon wanted to run back to her room and hide behind Jihyo. “I know you like Chaeyoung…” Nayeon replied. At Mina’s silence, Nayeon stepped forward again. “You don’t possibly have feelings for Akari too, do you?” Nayeon managed to meet the girl’s eyes, but they were like bottomless pits filled with fire, and so her gaze dropped. It was chilling how Mina’s new power worked—how she could imitate someone’s outer appearance flawlessly.

Mina turned away and crossed her arms. Did she have feelings for Akari? She swallowed hard.

“You can’t let that cloud your judgement...you need to think about everyone’s safety.”

“We’re safe here with Akari. Actually, we’re probably safer with her here in case the HCA comes back.” It was then that Mina heard the foreign voice coming from her lips. She didn’t have to look in a mirror to know she was wearing Akari’s face. Normally she would’ve been mortified, but she was so ticked off that she didn’t feel the need to hide her face.

Nayeon huffed out a frustrated breath. “I’m sorry, really. I shouldn’t have done that. I just felt like I finally had the opportunity to set things right. To have some power over what’s happened recently. Because you know she’ll only listen to you, right?”

Mina looked away again, staring out the window nearby like she could actually see beyond the darkness of the night.

“She loves you,” Nayeon stated. The words were said bittersweetly, and they hovered in the air around the two girls for what seemed like minutes.

Akari had told Mina she loved her once. Mina wasn’t sure if Akari meant it then, but she knew it was true now. Mina tried to ignore it and put if off for as long as she could, but how much longer could she keep it up?

“I know,” Mina said. And with that, she spun around and walked back inside the building, leaving Nayeon alone at the end of the hallway.

__________________________________

Hey guys! This update is a lot smaller than normal but I hope you still enjoy it! I know a lot of you thought Akari was going to snap but she actually didn't...are you surprised? Next chapter you'll see Dahyun's plan in action...it's going to be quite interesting. Do you think it's going to work and that Tzuyu will get her powers back? How about that face off between Chaeyoung and Akari? Is it interesting that they're tolerating each other? Thanks for reading and commenting as always!