Dominion - Wall of Fire

Dominion

The night was filled with euphoria, thick like a heavy pink mist.  It had been awhile since she had learnt to just enjoy herself. However, she knew she couldn't stay there forever. All good things must come to an end. She left the party with a repaired mood. The toxic liquid filling in the cracks in her mood. 

The cold was an instant shock to her system. It bit viciously at her face despite her slight intoxication. She honestly regretted not bringing a jacket. Too bad her friends weren't around because this seemed like one of the moments where things go horribly wrong. At least with friends around it would've been something to look back and laugh.

She was right about something though. There was an unnatural edge to the night. The feeling of darker things haunting your every step, the pure essence of danger. How the things that lurked in the shadows was mundane. 

After all the biggest evil is mankind itself.

"Where do you think you're going?" a male voice said, the kind laced with poison. It never failed to send a shiver up her spine. She turned around and confirmed her brain's suspicion. The yellow jacket was evidence that she was in triple nine territory. 

If only she wasn't tipsy. Then maybe she'd destroy the guy's ugly grin. The problem itself wasn't the fact he was a yellow jacket but the fact she was on triple nine ground. Which means there were more of them around. 

She chose not to respond to him. There was no point after all. 

"Come on princess, you remember me right?" He said slowly approaching her the street lights finally illuminating his face properly. 

Cha Joo Hyuk. He was a rotten apple even back in high school. 

She needed to get out of here and quick. Too bad the triple nines held the most territory. She was glad she wore sneakers tonight. Otherwise running away would've been a hassle. 

"Cat got your tongue Chaeyoung?" He said with a sleazy grin. He stalked her like a snake hunting his prey. He gave a soft whistle to signal his boys to move.

Her legs pounded against the concrete. She was pretty sure this wasn't triple nine territory before the party. Which means they took the district point during the party. After all, that means the  Sirens would be busy. 

She fumbled with her phone as she ran. She could hear the clambering of footsteps behind her. The increasing fear and dread close to washing over her, like that of a tsunami. All consuming.

She needed Jennie. She would be able to save her. She quickly went to speed dial her. The sound of a constant ringtone only sought to heighten her anxiety as she ducked into an alleyway. 

It felt like a er punch to the stomach when she heard her answering machine. She let out a curse to herself. Which gave away her position. Her desperation becoming apparent when she tried to call anyone on her contact list. All of them sending her straight to the answering machine. 

All except for one. She wasn't sure if he'd answer. After all, things had become complicated between the two of them. She at fault for the lost friendship. 

But she was desperate. She mentally prepped herself to apologise to him for being such a bad friend over the last couple of years.  

Thankfully she was desperate otherwise she wouldn't have been able to make the call. 

Ring.

She could hear them getting closer the taunting and jeering becoming more defined as they grew closer. She knew she was gonna run out of luck or energy. She just wondered which one it'd be first.

Ring.

"There's only so far you can hide princess," Joohyuk said no doubt smiling to himself with glee. 

She needed him to pick up. 

Thankfully he did. 

She was going to vomit her mental script that she prepared to quickly get him up to speed. However, she was interrupted.

"Where are you?" He said calmly, almost as if he knew she needed help. Granted why else would she talk to him? Especially at such a late hour.

She quickly ran past a cafe. She was glad she happened upon it because that meant she knew where exactly she was.

"C Through Cafe," She replied quickly, she was gonna ask him how long he was gonna be but he hung up. The panic quickly settling back into her system. She finally made it back out onto the streets. Only to find her chances of evasion significantly lessened.

She had been cornered. The filth called the triple nines collecting together into a mass. She scanned for exits however she knew that there would be no hope. After all the triple nines main strength was their numbers. No one knew who their leader was or why so many people joined. They just exist.

She sighed to herself. She truly wondered if he'd come in time to save her. Granted he seemed like the type to quickly grab her rather than get into an altercation. Which was a problematic thing considering every major exit on the street was blocked by a mob of people, she frowned.

Joohyuk emerged from the mass like the slippery snake he was. "It would seem you're cornered," He said with a twisted smile, his animalistic nature showing in his eyes. A glint like a predator cornering its prey.

There was no point in responding to him, after all, it'd just make him angry. 

"No words? Honestly, I expected more from you," His smile fading slightly. Almost like the fun had disappeared. He crept closer towards her slowly. Despite having the upper hand he approached with caution. Like a beast who had learnt from his mistakes. "What's your game plan Chaeyoung? There's no Jennie or Bobby to save you this time".

The way his mouth twisted around her name disgusted her. It would seem he held deep-seated grudges. He was a mere metre away from her by now.

Her fear enveloping her system until of course she heard a motorcycle rumbling towards the street. She hoped that was someone willing to help. 

The next thing she heard was the sound of metal smashing against flesh as she saw a motorcycle narrowly miss her. The owner nowhere to be seen as it scraped its left side against the concrete, an ear screeching noise penetrating her ears as it came to a halt.

Whoever it was carved a hole through the triple nine's perimeter as well as Joohyuk's confidence striking him right in the nerve. 

He turned around assessing the damage. "What. The. !" He howled in anger. At least ten of his guys were done for the count due to their positioning. Not to mention a solid amount were also probably injured as a result of the display.

A lone man walked through the hole in the perimeter. Motorcycle helmet still clad to his face. He walked with a cocky swagger that seemed to repel the triple nine's base instincts to attack him on sight.

Honestly, Chaeyoung didn't even know what to think of the man. 
His outfit consisting of just black suggested he wasn't part of any crew or gang that was known.

"What the are you doing? Activate the firewall," Joohyuk bellowed in a fit of rage. He was so close after all. He wasn't gonna let this intruder stop his plans. 

The firewall was one of the Triple nine's famous tactics. 

The grunts deciding to rush the helmet-clad figure as a wall of fire erupted to protect Joohyuk who was now left by himself with Chaeyoung. Molotovs raining down on friend and foe alike. The fire ironically extinguishing the hope that had gathered in her system. 

"You're going to be mine and mine alone Park Chaeyoung," Joohyuk said recovering from his earlier burst of anger. His face still a hint of pink, however.

However, she couldn't focus on his words when she noticed there was still the subtle hum of an engine.

The Bike. 

Judging from the sound it still had the keys in it. Which means she still had an exit plan. Joohyuk probably assumed that she wouldn't be able to out run him.

"Why Joohyuk? Why all of this? What do you want?" She asked testing the waters. She hoped she could find something that would make him falter. 

"I've always wanted you Chaeyoung. Ever since I first laid eyes on you. Plus if I do finally get you in my grasp. I can finally become a green jacket", he said with a smile. Right, this was about ambition. While the Triple Nines did focus on numbers they still had a hierarchy. As far as anyone knew green jacket was the highest rank. Well aside from boss.

"So this is all about you and your pride?" She spat obviously annoyed with the male in front of her. Venom obviously evident her voice.

Oddly he laughed in response, a mad laughter reserved only for the darkest of twisted men. He lets up to breathe and says. "This is what he wanted! To see your malice and your venom! That's what it means to be a green jacket!" 

It was obvious the kid had a few screws loose. But most high ranks in the Triple Nines did. It would seem she was probably just gonna have to gun it for the bike.

However, she was brought out of her thoughts by a flash in her face. "Ah the last picture of beauty," He said with a psychotic smile gracing his face. Her face drained of colour in fear of his next move. She predicted it involved maiming her in some way. 

Just as she was about to run however he grabbed at trying to pull her towards the wall of fire. "I'll still love you no matters the scars Rosé".

She fought desperately to keep him from doing so. Her hands clawing at and digging into what if she could find or grab. However, he just shuffled his position in response. Forcing her to kneel as he tried to push her face into the fire from behind. 

She gripped hard onto the concrete ground using her upper body strength to fight against it as much as she could. Surely there was something she could.

However just as started to feel the tinge of heat in front of her at her face. 

Something happened. The fire split open like the red sea for just a split second and the figure from earlier jumping between the flames. His knee connecting with Joohyuk's chin tossing back Chaeyoung as a result too. 

As she reorientated herself as they continued to fight among each other. She noticed the assailant's aggressive fighting style which heavily reminded her of Bobby's fighting style. She also, however, noticed he had taken a heavy hit as evident by the crack in his visor. 

She could tell by the way he moved that Joohyuk stood no chance, he was fighting a superiorly skilled opponent. He had obviously become too reliant on his numbers. Joohyuk couldn't even make a hit connect. He was instead too overwhelmed by body blows causing him to cough up a little blood.  He quickly pulled a knife to even the playing field. Making the assailant back off a little bit. After all, while he was a deadly fighter. A weapon simply dealt more damage. 

"Who the hell are you!" Joohyuk said obviously pissed, he looked like he was gonna go rabid any second now.

However, there was no response. Causing Joohyuk to lunge at him. 

Which was a grave mistake? As his lunge was simply sidestepped. The Assailant catching Joohyuk's back leg with his own as he pushed Joohyuk's face. Which caused the yellow jacket to land on his back with a thud. The air getting instantly pushed out of his lungs. His knife was then disarmed and then subsequently stabbed into his right thigh causing him to yell out in pain. Followed up by a swift kick to the face knocking him out.

The figure decided to kneel down for a second to regain his breath. He currently had his back to her. She called him tentatively figuring she might know who it was. 

"Bobby?"

He removed his helmet and tossing it to the side with disgust. Which was only fair considering there was a decent amount of blood on it. 

He stood to full height with a grunt, revealing his blonde hair. She also noticed the finer details of his clothing. Namely, his long coat having a white skull on the back.

He turned around with a leather face-mask hiding his mouth. "You called?"