acacia || pwj

Flowers for you

“Hey! Woojin!” Woojin immediately went out of their dorm to find Sungwoon calling him while holding a bouquet filled with white flowers in it “Looks like someone gave you flowers.”

“Someone? Is it a fan?” He asked as he tilted his head a bit.

Sungwoon shrugged, “Don’t know. Just found it in front of our door, didn’t saw who left it there but there was a note saying ‘To the ray of sunshine with an adorable snaggletooth’ and no one fits that definition other than you,Woojin.”

“Oh.” He blinked as he took the flowers, “But why am I having flowers? It’s always clothes, snacks, or cash certificates, and it’s weird to have flowers. I’m a guy.”

“Ey~” Sungwoon teased as he smirked, “Don’t you think that it’s lovely? Just like you’re being courted by someone else.”

“Hyung!” He whined as Sungwoon laughed from his reaction.


Sungwoon kept on teasing him until he just stomped inside the dorm as nine guys had their eyes on him. He blinked a lot of times before looking at the bouquet then sighed.

“Someone left these for me and I don’t know what to do with this,” Woojin stated as he pouted.

Daehwi smirked, “Ooh, someone’s having an admirer.”

“Do you know who gave those?” Sungwoo asked as he looked at the flowers.

Woojin shook his head, “No. Sungwoon hyung found it outside.”

“So.. what do you think about that?” Jinyoung asked as he peeked at Woojin while being behind Jihoon who just put the book he was reading on table.

“It’s creepy.” Woojin said as he sighed, “It’s an unusual present, and it was in our doormat. The fans couldn’t even get near the gates then someone just left it there.”

 


In all of the sudden, Daehwi went out as he wear a black trench coat with a hat on his head. He had a pepero stick on between his index and middle finger as he walk in front of them.

 


“Then, this is a case.” He said in a serious face and Jihoon already looked so done with him, “And I, Detective Lee will help you on this investigation.”

“No thanks.” Woojin said as he ignored Daehwi’s scowl as he whined.

“Hyung! Can’t you see?! This is a mystery that we need to solve! Aren’t you even interested on the person who gave you that? You’re so dumb!” Daehwi complained.

“Coming from you,huh?” Woojin backfired which made Daehwi frown as he playfully punched his shoulder, “Seriously, we shouldn’t even waste our time on trying to know who gave those flowers.”

“Woojin’s right. Let’s just ignore the flower, maybe just put it on a vase or something. It’s a pity to let such beautiful flowers to wilt.” Jaehwan said as he looked at the bouquet.

“But people usually send roses or something if they like someone, isn’t that weird?” Daehwi asked as he looked at everyone before pouting, “C’mon! You’re all so boring!”

“Now that you’ve said it, that got my attention.” They looked at Minhyun who went in front of Woojin to inspect the flowers before looking at the younger, “Acacias.”

“Wow, hyung! You just figured out what kind of flower that was by just looking at it! Minhyun-hyung is so cool!” Jihoon’s eyes looked like it’s sparkling as he looked at Minhyun in awe.

“Not really, I’m just a bit fond of flowers so I try to learn some kinds of ‘em.” Minhyun explained as he looked at Woojin, “Do you want to know hanakotoba?”

“Hana..what?” Woojin asked as his forehead furrowed.

The language of flowers.” Minhyun said as he took the flowers before looking for a vase, “Flowers have their own meaning,too. Everything in this world have one..”

“Now I’m interested.” Jihoon stated, “It feels like I’m going to learn a lot with Minhyun hyung.”

“Likewise.” Jinyoung agreed and they looked at each other before grinning really wide.

 

Once that Minhyun found a decent vase and filled it with water, he carefully put the flowers in it before sitting on the couch where the ten people gathered around him. Sungwoon, Guanlin, Jihoon, and Jinyoung were curious while the others except Woojin was amused of Minhyun. This boy isn't just a person with talent, and good looks

 

“When you give someone a flower, it has a meaning. Just like those acacias, it is usually given to the receiver as the value of the sender’s friendship with the receiver.” Minhyun stated as he looked at Woojin, “So, do you have a close friend who cherish you?”

“Cherish me? Hmm, Donghyun hyung?” Woojin asked and Daehwi’s face had schrunched up.

“Do you even think that Donghyun hyung would give you flowers?” Daehwi said as he rolled his eyes.

“Ah, then it must be Youngmin hyung.” Woojin said and nodded as if what he said was right.

Daehwi shook his head, “Nah. That is so.. not like Youngmin hyung.”

Woojin blinked then looked at him, “You?”

“If it’s me, then I could’ve brought wilted ones for you. You're so dumb, do you even have other friends aside from the BNM hyungs, and me?!" Daehwi said as he crossed his arms.

 


Woojin was about to look at the other nine boys but all of them were already giving him the ‘no, it’s not me’ look so he sighed and ruffled his hair. He didn’t want to be indulged on a nonsensical thing like this, besides.. it’s already 11PM and they should be sleeping.


“How about Hyungseob? You two seems to be pretty close..” All of them looked at Guanlin.

“Hyungseob, eh?” Sungwoon murmured as he nodded before looking at Woojin, “Guanlin’s right. It must’ve been him.”

“Huh? Are you even sure about that? They’re probably still at their practice rooms by now, they’re also about to debut soon.” Woojin reasoned but Daniel seems to be thinking about something and looked at Sungwoo who nodded.

“I don’t know about this but hey, we have to go at our rooms now. We have an another schedule for tomorrow and it would be nice if all of you wouldn’t have dark circles around your eyes for that.” Sungwoo stated

“Hey!” Jinyoung screamed as he glared at his hyung, “Both of you just wanted to do things that’s why you wanted us to sleep!”

Jihoon chuckled as he wrapped his arms around Jinyoung, “Let’s just rest for now, Jinyoung. Don’t mind our mature hyungs.”

“Mature, huh..” Jisung said as he rolled his eyes, “Now, now.. kids, better get to your rooms in five minutes or else, no snack time!”

“!” Daehwi immidiately ran as Jisung sighed.

“Language!” He warned but the boy just laughed which made him scoff, “Seriously.”

 


As the others went back to their rooms, Woojin took an another glance at the flowers. He didn’t know why but after hearing the meaning of the flower, he felt glad. That friend of him must’ve been supporting him.

 


“Woojin, back to your room.” Jisung said and the boy nodded.

As they heard Woojin closed the door, Daniel along with Jisung looked at Minhyun which was touching the flowers. Jisung sighed, “Don’t tell me..”

“I hate to admit it but what if we’re all thinking about the same thing?” Daniel said as he leaned at the wall.

“If it is, then it is a risky situation. Should we even know why this person is?” Minhyun asked as his expression dulled.

Daniel snickered, “You didn’t told him the other meaning of the flower.”

“Of course, that would be creepy for the boy. He’s young and a bit innocent, it’s not like he’ll accept an answer like that too easily.” Minhyun stated.

Jisung shut his eyes before sighing for the nth time, “Minhyun is right, and besides.. aren’t we overthinking about this one?”

“I know but people are too stubborn, and a bunch of spontaneous lunatics when it comes to love.” Daniel reasoned out as he shrugged, “They can make such risky decisions when they’re in love.”

“All we can do is observe and find the one who gave these flowers,” Minhyun said before he tsk-ed, “If that person is suffering from Hanahaki Disease, then we’ll have to help that person.”

“Indeed.” Daniel agreed before he went up the stairs.

“Minhyun, time to sleep.” Jisung reminded him.

 

As the MMO trainees went back to their rooms, Minhyun touched the flowers once again before looking away, his face twisted as he turned his back on the vase.

 

“Acacia, giving it to a person means that you value your friendship with it.. and it also means secret love.” Minhyun whispered, “Not again.” 

 

---

posted this on ao3 btw ^^