Bad Ideas

Until it stops hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - Try reading it with this music on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlVx2Byjjh8 It took me to a whole other universe. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung got up from the couch still holding tightly the TV control and walked towards the fogged window. She made sure to stand in the perfect spot not to be seen by the other girl.

 

She followed Mina with her gaze. It was snowing, Mina had a red sweater and on top of that an oversized coat. She was stepping carefully not to fall making her look even more like a penguin.

 

“So pretty, so innocent, so perfect..”

 

“..But why is she doing this? And why does it hurt this much to see Mina leaving?”

 

Chaeyoung was consumed by her thoughts until something broke the peaceful snow.

 

The TV control hit the wooden floor making a loud noise. Chaeyoung felt chills going through her entire tiny body as she saw her best friend standing in front of a car.

 

The car door opened.

 

“Mina….don’t…” Chaeyoung manage to utter those words, unable to move or blink or think as Mina got inside.

 

It was his car on the street.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 MONTHS AGO

 

The following months after the first encounter were full of casual interactions between Mina and Chaeyoung, the small tiger kept being a subtle charming prince saving Mina from Jeongyeon’s lame tactics, and Mina kept being drawn to her every day a little more. But being part of a group of 9 friends made it difficult for them to have some alone time, and on top of that, all of them shared apartments but Mina.

 

She lived in another building, 4 blocks away from the rest of the girls and she shared apartment with a girl named Somi. They were randomly assigned to each other at the beginning of the semester but they got along well. They didn’t share too much personal information and they we’re rarely together at the same time in the apartment due to different schedules and classes.

 

One night Mina had the apartment all to herself, Somi had a study night at a friend’s to get ready for a huge exam that was coming for her (She was studying business administration to inherit one day her dad’s military weapons company).

 

With nothing to do and no one to talk to she had the perfect idea for a friday night, a marathon of the Harry Potter movies. Since it was one of the few nights she had free from projects and rehearsals she had to make the best out of this night, everything was almost ready, Netflix, blanket, a penguin stuffed animal to hug from time to time, beer, everything looked great but something was missing.

 

“Aah popcorn!” She exclaimed jumping happily towards the kitchen, opened the cabinets, moved some stuff around and she suddenly realized that there was no popcorn.

 

“Damn it Somi, if you eat it you should replace it” Mina mumbled quietly before resting her hands on the counter and watching the clock in the kitchen. It marked 22:46 PM.

 

Everyone knows that you just can’t have a marathon without popcorn, so of course Mina put on a hoodie, took her keys and left the apartment. The convenience store was just around the corner, but going out in the middle of a winter night wasn’t her ideal scenario.

 

The weather was not the best, it looked like the apocalypse was coming but she decided to go quickly before it got worst.

 

Already inside the store, Mina was on her knees making one of the most difficult decision, what popcorn to choose.

 

“Butter..hmm..Salty..hmm” Mina whispered to herself, amazed by all the different colors and brands.  

 

Out of nowhere a finger appeared next to her face, pointing a package of popcorn and a familiar voice spoked.

 

“The salty one is good.. my favorite actually”

 

Mina quickly moved her gaze from the popcorn to the figur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter