One day rebels

Until it stops hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Mina was resting her head on the window, watching the lights of the freeway pass by.

 

She was tired of hurting Chaeyoung, and she was tired of being hurt by Chaeyoung. She was just tired.

 

“You okay there Mina?” a soft voice startled her, getting her back into the real world.

 

“Yeah, I just.. had a tough night” Mina gave the boy next to her a mild smile and she went back to look out the window.

 

“Don’t worry, tonight we’re gonna leave the world behind for a while” He said and turned up the volume of the radio.

 

*BTS (Rap monster & V) - 4 O’Clock playing*

 

“...Why are you crying

It’s only me and you here

Me and you

Oh you...”


 

“This is the right thing to do...right?”  Mina thought as she closed her eyes to keep the tears from falling.

 

----------------------------------------------

10 MONTHS AGO (Continuation)

 

The sunlight made its way towards Mina’s eyelids, making her flinch and turn around.

 

“I forgot to close the curtains” The girl thought as she was trying to gather the necessary strength to do anything.

 

“Wait”

 

“Pillows..”

 

“Sheets..”

 

“..Am I in my bed?” Mina managed to open one eye, looking around trying to understand the situation.

 

“How the hell did I got to my bed last night?” Mina said while rubbing her eyes and removing the covers from her body.

 

The last thing she remembered was seeing Chaeyoung sleeping next to her. She was trying to remember more but her head was pounding too much. Mina didn’t have a high alcohol tolerance so the two beers from last night were enough to give her a headache.

 

She sat on her bed and stretch a hand to grab some pills from the drawer for the pain, but instead she noticed a yellow post-it on the lamp.

 

“Sorry for leaving so early Mina unnie, I have soccer practice at 8 AM

PS. last night was fun (:

PS. N°2 I carried you to your bed this morning, it was getting cold.

PS. N°3 Look out the window.”

                                                                   -Chaengie

 

How could a tiny human like Chaeyoung carry someone like her, it was all that Mina could think. It looked like one of those ancient mysteries of the universe that show on the Discovery Channel.

 

After spacing out for a second she came back to her senses and went straight to the window to find the streets dressed in a perfect white. Everything was silent, just like a photo where only the snowflakes were moving through the air.

 

The weather had become unexpectedly cold during the night that it started to snow without a warning. The girls were too busy enjoying their movie night to even notice what was happening outside.  

 

Mina took a look at the time one her phone *11:43 AM*, unlocked it and searched Chaeyoung’s number. She hesitated a bit before pressing it and started writing.

 

“Hey Chaeng, how was practice?” 11:44 AM

 

Mina waited a few seconds before letting the phone on the table and throwing her body on the bed again.

 

“What are you doing Minari?.. Why ar-” As Mina was speaking to herself a notification sound interrupted her. She immediately sat up on the bed and grab the phone.

 

*Netflix has added new chapters of Orange is-* The notification showed on the screen. Mina laugh with a disappointed tone.

 

The phone vibrated on Mina’s hand again and her heart skipped a beat as she saw *1 new message from Chaeng Chaeng*. Her hands became instantly weak as she pressed the icon.

 

“Hey! We just finished. It was cold, lots of running and sweating, I might get sick. Jeongyeon got hit on the face, that was pretty funny.”   11:49 AM

 

Mina was smiling as she was reading the text, about to reply when the phone vibrated again *1 new message from Chaeng Chaeng*

 

“Are you busy, like, right now? We’re gonna grab something to eat with the squad” 11:50 AM

 

“Count me in, I’m starving. Where do we meet?”  11:50 AM

 

“Nice! We’ll be at the Mcdonalds next to the soccer field.

PS. Put on warm clothes, it’s cold outside.” 11:52 AM

 

“Okay! I’ll be there in 20” 11:53 AM

 

Mina took a deep breath as she caressed the back of her nape.

 

“Myoui Mina, you’re so gonna regret this..”  She quietly said as she buried her face on her pillow.

 

***

 

Chaeyoung and the rest of the squad we’re sitting at Mcdonald's, trying to make their minds on what to order.

 

“I want a Sweet BBQ Bacon with Buttermilk Crispy Chicken and fries. NO! Wait, with nuggets. NO! hold on, give me both, fries AND nuggets” Momo said with a smile on her face as she imagined her food.

 

“Alright, this pig wants all of that stuff she just said, you Tzuyu?” Jeongyeon asked while Nayeon was arranging the seating positions on the round table.

 

“You go there Dahyun, next to Chaeng. Jihyo will seat next to Dahyun, Tzuyu and sana will follow them..” Nayeon was ordering between all the noise the girls were making.

 

“I want a Southwest Grill Chicken Salad please” Tzuyu said with a cute voice.

 

“Chewy you can’t live on salads only!” Sana nag her.

 

“Fine, add me some fries” Tzuyu said gazing at Sana.

 

“Alright, fries and salad for Master Yoda! Chaeng I don’t even have to ask you” Jeongyeon said.

 

And everyone said at the same time with high voices “Quarter Pounder with Cheese~”

 

“Yup, I’ll be faithful to my Quarter Pounder till the day I die” Chaeyoung answered with a hand on her heart.

 

“I’m not surprised, Tomas what are you gonna have?” Jeongyeon asked Jihyo making everyone chuckle.

 

“Something light… a Pico Guacamole with 100% pure beef and a Chocolate milkshake” Jihyo said nodding to herself while everyone else just stared at her.

 

“Jesus, and you said something light” Nayeon said while dragging Momo away from the food menu and putting her next to Sana.

 

“Alright, next, Sana and Dahyun what do you want?” Jeongyeon asked as she was making mental notes for every order the girls had made.

 

Both girls looked at each other and said at the same time while putting their hands in the air “Happy Meal!”

 

“I want the Beyblade” Dahyun added

 

“I want the pink car” Sana followed

 

“Okay okay, Nayeon you’re coming with me” Jeongyeon said as she grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her towards the counter to order.

 

“Why can’t you do this alone?” Nayeon whined as she was being dragged against her will.

 

Jeongyeon lower her voice for only Nayeon to hear “C’mon...you know I get nervous when I have to order.. please” the girl begged making Nayeon blush a little and then taking the lead, Jeongyeon was the one being dragged now.

 

They order the food and went back to the table with the rest. As they were speaking about how Jeongyeon had got hit with a ball earlier, Chaeyoung suddenly cleared gaining everyone’s attention.

 

“I invited Mina today, by the way”

 

Everyone just stared in silence at the girl who was now playing with a straw.

 

“What are you doing Chae?” Nayeon said putting her hand on the straw to make the girl concentrate on her.

 

“Doing what?” Chaeyoung stopped playing and asked with a confused expression.

 

“You’re not gonna repeat the...Somi phase again, are you?” Dahyun said, everyone kept silence.

 

“The S-Somi phase? What are you guys talking about?” Chaeyoung said while letting out a small laugh “This is not like that”

 

“Are you sure? We just don’t wanna see you getting hurt again” Nayeon said taking the girl’s hand.

 

“I’m serious, it’s not like that with Mina, she’s just a good friend” Chaeyoung showed a smile to reassure her friends.

 

“Alright, if you say so” Nayeon patted Chaeyoung’s hand and pulled away.

 

“Yeah, besides she’s not even my type” Chaeyoung said squinting her eyes.

 

“Does this mean I can have her?” Jeongyeon’s comment came out of nowhere making everyone chuckle, everyone but Nayeon.

 

“You filthy animal” Nayeon said with a plain tone as she smacked Jeongyeon’s arm.

 

“Don’t be jealous babe, I like you too” Jeongyeon replied putting an arm behind Nayeon’s seat, earning herself an elbow to the ribs.

 

“Oh and did I tell you that Mina shares apartment with Somi?” Chaeyoung said.

 

“WHAT!?”

 

“HOW?”

 

“SON CHAEYOUNG”

 

The place became a mess, everyone asking questions and Chaeyoung was just smiling to herself after seeing the panic she had created.

 

Jihyo’s voice was the louder and therefore the one that won the attention “Aaah so she’s the new Japanese girl that moved in with Somi!”

 

“She’s Japanese?” Chaeyoung asked in return “No wait, you talked to Somi?”

 

“Well.. you can’t expect me to just ignore her when we meet in the halls” Jihyo said lifting her shoulder in signal that it was beyond her control.

 

“Yeah it’s fine, it just took me by surprise” Chaeyoung nodded.

 

“Heard that Momo? We have another ally joining the lines” Sana said loudly.

 

“WOHOO” Momo yelled while making a little victory dance in her seat, which Sana joined too.

 

The girls kept talking and bickering when Tzuyu suddenly pointed to the doors of the restaurant “Oh, Mina is here”

 

They all turned to look and wave at Mina who was searching the place with her gaze.

 

“Minaaa~” Jihyo said with her not so quiet voice.

 

“Hi everyone” she tried to bow but her blue jacket was too puffy for her to bend so it came out as a half bow.  

 

“Hey Mina, you can seat next to Chaeyoung, I’m sure she won’t mind” Sana said pointing at the space next to the small girl.

 

“Yeah, of course” Chaeyoung smile at mina, moving a little to her side to make more room for the girl.

 

Mina nodded as she took a seat and ped her jacket.

 

“Hey pretty lady, what are you gonna order?” Jeongyeon said while standing from her seat “Move Nayeon-ah, I have to order for our Mina”

 

“YAH! You said you couldn’t order for yourself!” Nayeon yelled at Jeongyeon, as she was being pushed from her seat.

 

“And you fell for it, it was a big order to remember and I was feeling lazy, thank you princess” Jeongyeon said as she gave a quick peck at the top of Nayeon’s head and ran away towards the counter.

 

“I’ll have a caesar salad with fries please” Mina said with a shy expression.

 

“Tha little..” Nayeon had to censor herself “ugh! I hate her”

 

“You on a diet Mina?” Jihyo asked her.

 

“Yeah, there’s a ballet competition coming soon so the coach said we should stay in shape” Mina pouted.  

 

“Props to you Mina for having self-control, I would die if I had to diet” Momo put her elbows on the table and rested her head on them.  

 

A couple of minutes later the trays with food came to the table, it was an astonishing view for all the girls that were in complete silence for the first time that day. Once everything was organized, they started eating.

 

“So Mina, Jihyo said you’re Japanese?” Sana asked right away.

 

Mina nodded to this question as she had full of fries.

 

“Momo and I are also from Japan!” Sana quickly said in japanese, leaving all the other girls confused at this sudden change of language.

 

“Why are we just find out this about you?” Dahyun made it’s way into the conversation.

 

“Well, in my defense you never asked” Mina said covering with a hand while she spoked.  

 

“Fair point” Dahyun answered nodding at her in sign of approval.

 

“So when and why did you leave Japan?” Nayeon asked.

 

“Ahmm, well I got here this year, after the university sended me a scholarship to join the ballet program”

 

Momo gasped loudly putting her nugget down “You JUST got here? Woah, for me it took me like 7 months to finally start grasping the language” 

 

“Yeah, you’re like super fluid Mina-chan” Sana joined the amazement.

 

“My aunt has lived in Korea for most of her life so when she went for vacations back to Japan she taught me some words and stuff, so it wasn’t that hard learning how to speak” Mina explained while rocking back and forth on her seat.    

 

All the girls kept having loud conversations all over the table, Tzuyu was pouting at Jeongyeon who was telling the story when Tzuyu got so nervous after a boy confessed to her that she ran away. Momo couldn’t talk because all of the food she was trying to chew at the same time and Dahyun was laughing too loud for the place. It was just a perfect mess.

 

Mina was pouring some ketchup in her tray when she heard a voice coming from next to her.

 

“Your korean is really good, I would’ve never guess it on my own” Chaeyoung said low enough to be heard only by Mina.

 

Mina gave her a candid smile and added  “Thank you for carrying me to my bed today, you didn’t have to do it”

 

“I didn’t wanted you to get sick... and about that, it surprised me how much of a heavy sleeper you actually are” Chaeyoung laughed in amazement “I could have kidnapped you and you wouldn’t have woken up”

 

Mina blushed a little “I’m still wondering how the hell did you do that, you’re so tiny” asked while dipping her fries into the pool of ketchup she had made.

 

“I told you I was strong, you didn’t believe me?” Chaeyoung said, touching her arm and flexing.

 

“Hey Mina, you can touch my biceps anytime” Jeongyeon appeared in the conversation out of nowhere.

 

“Mind your own bussiness filthy animal” Chaeyoung said while throwing a fry at Jeongyeon.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter