Bad Ideas II

Until it stops hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina had left 20 minutes ago and Chaeyoung was sitting on the floor near the window. She was resting her head on the wall, and a deep silence was the only thing that could be heard.

 

Finally, tears started falling on the floor.

 

“Tears?...Why am I crying?.. What’s wrong with me!?” Chaeyoung thought as she shut her eyes, covering her face with her arm.

 

All that she could see was images of Mina and... him.

 

Her mind was being bombarded with all types of feelings. Anger at Mina for being like this, fear of what could happen to Mina, sadness for not being close with Mina anymore, and…

 

“Am I...jealous?” Chaeyoung mumbled quietly, drying the tears on her cheeks and looking down confused at the wet sleeves of her hoodie.

 

----------------------------------------------

10 MONTHS AGO (Continuation)

 

As they reach the 3rd floor of the building, hands still holding, Chaeyoung’s eyes widened as she saw Mina stopping in front of the door number 17.

 

“You’re Somi’s roommate!?” The girl yelled, realizing that she had just disturbed the peaceful silence of the building as her voice could be hear in every floor. (A/N it just 4 floors so her adorable voice got to every corner of the building)

 

Mina was startled by the sudden noise, she looked at Chaeyoung and the little one was whispering “Sorry” with an embarrassed expression. Mina shook her head while smiling shyly.

 

*Click* *Click*

 

The door opened and Mina went inside first, leaving a dumbfounded Chaeyoung in the hall. The apartment was too clean and tidy, it look straight from a magazine.

 

“Are you coming in?” Mina said tilting her head a little cause she couldn’t figure the other girl’s expression.

 

“Uh yeah, sorry, your place is just too.. perfect, it shocked me” Chaeyoung laugh while touching the back of her nape and getting inside.

 

The place was warm and cozy compared to what they had gone through a few minutes before, it was like stepping inside another universe, and Chaeyoung felt comfortable existing in that universe.

 

“So you know Somi?” Mina began the conversation.

 

“Yeah, we attended the same high school and we were.. good friends” Chaeyoung said with a soft tone.

 

“Not anymore?” Mina shoot the question without even thinking about it.

 

“Well.. some stuff happened.. but we still get along fine, we just don’t hang out as much” The little one answered as she sat down on the floor. Mina nodded and turned around.

 

"Is she here?" The little one asked before Mina disappeared.

 

"Noup, she had a study night at a friend's"

 

"She hasn't changed a bit" Chaeyoung said to herself while showing a mild smile.

 

"What did you say? I couldn't hear you" Mina yelled from her room.

 

"Nothing, I was just remembering an assignment due monday" Chaeyoung yelled back at her.

 

While chaeyoung was in her own world enjoying the warmth from the heater, Mina went into her room to grab some dried and comfy clothes.

 

“I have to give her something nice and cute” Mina kept repeating in her head as she searched through her closet.

 

“Hmm.. I think this could work” Mina said smiling shyly and burying her face on the found items.

 

Chaeyoung was sitting on the floor with her eyes closed and humming a calm melody. As Mina witnessed this scene it suddenly hit her. Chaeyoung was in her apartment, and not only that, Chaeyoung was soaking wet, from head to toes. The y kind of wet.

 

Mina squeezed the fabric at this thought, she took a deep breath and made her way towards the small girl.

 

“Here, wear this, it’s the only thing I could find” Mina said while shrinking her shoulders.

 

Chaeyoung opened one eye to take a peek and let out a short laugh. She stood and straightened her shoulders.

 

“You know Mina.. you’re a terrible liar” Chaeyoung said as she grab the fabric with one hand.

 

“But I’ll wear it cause you cared enough to lie” Chaeyoung left smirking at Mina who was just pretending to be looking somewhere else.

 

It took about 10 minutes for both of them to be ready. They both came out of their respective changing rooms at the same moment and faced each other in silence.

 

Mina broke the silence with a laugh that couldn’t be contained, and Chaeyoung couldn’t avoid laughing at themselves either.

 

“You look very cute, little tiger” Mina said once she regain control of herself.

 

“Well thank you, you look kind of cute too, tall penguin” Chaeyoung answered while jumping onto the sofa and reclaiming her spot.

 

Yep. They were wearing onesies.

 

“So...what are we watching tonight?” Chaeyoung asked with bubbly tone.

 

“Harry Potter.. All of them” Mina replied from the kitchen, you could hear the sweet “POP” sound coming from the microwave.

 

“UUGH Not Harry Potteeer” Chaeyoung whined, hitting the floor softly with her feet, just like a little kid.

 

Mina leaned on the counter with a shocked expression.

 

“If looks could kill I’d probably be dead by now ..” Chaeyoung said, not making a single move. The tension was too real.

 

“You don’t like Harry Potter?” Mina asked, pouting a little.

 

“Well.. I haven’t really seen it.. it’s just the idea of wizards..it sounds stupid to me” Chaeyoung honestly answered caresing the sofa and avoiding Mina’s gaze.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter