The beginning

Until it stops hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I’m going out” Mina yelled from the front door, getting her keys and putting on her shoes.

 

“Mmm” Chaeyoung responded without looking away from the TV screen, she was already used to this.

 

“I don’t think I’ll be back till morning ..so you can just lock the door with the chain.” Mina said, lowering her voice as if she was ashamed of something.

 

Chaeyoung froze on the spot and holded a bit tighter the TV control. Turning her head a little to face the direction where the other girl was standing. She shoot a mild smile as she watched Mina disappear once again.

 

They were close friends, they lived together but they both knew that there was something more in their friendship, a “something” that made them fall apart and at the same time be stuck like glue to each other.

 

Mina for one side, could get lost for hours looking at the small Chaeyoung doing anything.

 

Every morning Chaeyoung would eat her cereal in the kitchen with her messy hair and too concentrated in her comic book to pay attention to her surroundings. Mina who was always behind the counter, across from Chaeyoung, pretending to read some English magazine while taking a sip a coffee, would look up secretly to admire the beautiful scenery in front of her and smile brightly hiding her face behind the cup so the other wouldn’t notice.

 

She hated herself for thinking about Chaeyoung every single hour of the day, she hated herself for being happy when looking at her, she hated herself for not being brave enough. So some days she acted really cold towards Chaeyoung, just to avoid hating herself a little more cause sometimes it was just too much for her.  

 

Mina thought it was a great plan, avoid contact and nobody will ever noticed. But little did she know that everyone in her group of friends knew that she was head over heels for the small tiger.

 

Everyone but Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung on the other side, wasn’t interested in Mina in a more-than-friends way. She liked her unnie of course but she was oblivious when it came to the way Mina acted around her, just like a little kid. But she did noticed how Mina avoided her sometimes so that made things a little awkward from time to time.

 

So it’s kind of weird how the two of them ended up living together.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A YEAR AGO

 

 It was the beginning of a new semester in the Ewha university, a prestigious all female university known for it’s excellence in artistic programs (Ballet, classical music, etc.) and the multi award winning soccer team.

 

Mina had just arrived to Korea from Japan, the day before the start of the classes. She had joined the classical ballet program as the N° 1 candidate  chosen by 4 international juries. You could say she was an extraordinary dancer as the school board practically begged her to join their team.

 

Being a foreigner and not knowing anyone made it difficult for her during her first classes as she couldn’t really make any friends, she was an intruder who had crashed in the Juniors section where everyone already knew each other from past years. Maybe she had made the wrong decision and she should've stayed in Japan with her friends and her comfort zone, she couldn’t help feeling like that. Until her last class before lunch time came, history of classical music.

 

The teacher made her introduced herself to the class.

 

“My name is Myoui Mina, I’m 20 years old, I’m a ballerina…” As she was speaking she noticed a peculiar face in the crowd, the girl had big eyes, and she was with open with a little smile, too excited as she listened to the ballerina.

 

“And I’m from Japan, hope we can get along well!” She finished her introduction and bowed, when she got her head up she saw the happy girl clapping  like a seal and smiling to her.

 

“Her smile is contagious” Mina thought as she returned to her seat on the other end of the happy girl.

 

“Okay kids, we’re gonna do pairs and I’ll hand you your first project” The teacher said.

 

“Great... pairs” She thought while looking at the floor, feeling anxious and sure that no one was gonna pick her. But oh boy, she was wrong.

 

She felt a tap on her right shoulder, she was too immersed in her own mind so the light tap made her jump a little, she heard a quick laugh and then  turned around to look at the person.

 

“Hey, didn’t mean to scare you but I want to be your partner!” The peculiar girl from before said with an exciting tone.

 

 “Only if you want of course! No hard feelings if you wanna pair with someone else” Her tone kept being bubbly. Mina felt comfortable for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter