Chapter 2

Love, Hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Momo watched as Mina skipped ahead of her, her curly ponytail bouncing with each step. They stepped back into the gym and Momo couldn't help but stare at all of the half-dressed girls helping each other stretch for whatever sport they would be doing today, though none of their bodies compared to Mina's.

 

"Momo, do you want to help me stretch? Everyone else is paired up. " Mina asked, spinning around to face Momo with a pleasant smile.

 

Momo swallowed hard, "Uh y-yeah! Sure!" She obliged a little too enthusiastically as she sat on the floor and spread her legs. Mina did the same and they put their shoes together. Momo stubbornly clung to her self-control to keep her eyes strictly on Mina's. Mina held out both of her hands and Momo stared at them in awe like Mina was offering her the Holy Grail.

 

"Oh! Sorry I was.. I don't know." Momo trailed off, slowly taking Mina's delicate hands in her calloused ones and jumping a little at the electrifying touch.

 

"Are you okay?" Mina asked with a concerned look in her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, of course." Momo replied quickly.

 

They went back and forth with a few stretches until suddenly when it was Mina's turn to bend forward again, she sat up straight. Momo glanced up at her in confusion to see her face light up like the sun with her gaze right past Momo.

 

Momo relunctantly turned to see the focus of her attention, still holding Mina's hands in hers. Behind them was a tall, muscular guy with a blonde faux hawk standing at the entrance of the gym. Mina stood up and let go of one of Momo's hands before practically dragging Momo off her feet and towards the strange teen, "I want you to meet my boyfriend!"

 

"B-boyfriend?" Momo stammered, feeling her heart drop into her stomach. That was the word she despised the most and it echoed in her head constantly, even before this moment. It was always asked by family, friends, church members, everyone. Why didn't she have one? Had she ever had one? When would this 'phase' be over so she could start dating? And of course, moments like this whenthe object of her affections had a... boyfriend.

 

"This is Hanbin!" Mina said, releasing Momo's hand to wrap both of hers around this 'Hanbin' guy's neck. She practically had to stand on her toes to hug him - he stood over 5'8 tall. He leaned down and kissed her and Momo found herself feeling a rush of jealousy rush through her body, making her face flush and cheeks redden like fire.

 

"Sup?" Hanbin asked after their kissin that sort of I-know-I'm-hot-and-everyone-wants-me type of voice. Momo fought back the desire to roll her eyes and forced a smile.

 

Mina giggled and took his hands, "Isn't he the cutest?"

"Adorable." Momo practically whispered.

 

"Hanbin, this is my new friend Momo! I think she's new here!" Mina explained, practically jumping ten feet into the air to kiss him on the cheek---at least it seemed that way.

 

"Hello." Momo managed to say almost inaudibly. This was so humiliating fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter