Chapter 3

Love, Hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Are you okay?" Hoseok asked once the silence had become filled with too many unanswered questions. He noticed the nearly black bruises on her hips from her shirt being pushed up and the freshly forming bruises on her wrist and lips as well and wanted to turn around and beat Hanbin even more.

 

"I..I'll get over it." Momo said, her voice gruff and unemotional as she locked her ja and looked away. Hoseok thought she must still be staying strong, and admired her for her strength. Even most of the hardest girls would be upset and vulnerable after such violation.

 

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Hoseok asked chivalrously, "Or maybe you don't want to go home just yet? We could grab a coffee or something?"

 

"I could go for a NOS," She agreed, smiling weakly at him as they turned to heard for the nearby gas station instead. He purchased a NOS for her and a cappuccino for himself before passing the cashier some money.

 

"Look at you being all fancy." Momo commented with a half-smile at him as they left and made their way back towards the park like Hoseok had originally thought to do.

 

"Hey, it's caffeine nonetheless." Hoseok said with a shrug. Momo chuckled lowly with an unknown inside joke in her eyes, "What? You think guys like me don't drink anything other than energy drinks?"

 

"Honestly, no." Momo admitted with another boyish laugh. Hoseok glanced down at his baggy ripped up jeans and black and white checkered hoodie on over a black v-neck and chuckled - he didn't exactly look the part of a coffee drinker, especially not with his slightly messy hair and black cap, a middle lip ring and large gauges - Momo definitely had a point.

 

"So uh..how did you manage to do all that in that yard?" Momo asked after the two of them had been quiet for a while and had reached the park, "You don't really seem like the sort of guy that goes around picking fights."

 

"I'm not. I just have experience...I had a pretty rough childhood.' Hoseok explained as he stared dully forward. They made their way to a picnic table and sat down andMomo could see that he still was thinking about his past.

 

"Ithink all of us have to an extent. At least, those who aren't disgustingly rich." Momo agreed with a knowing half-smile. She could tell Hoseok didn't really want to venture into the dirty details of his past demons, so she changed the subject after a few thoughtful moments, "I wonder if he's been like this to Mina.'

 

"If not, you should warn her." Hoseok suggested quietly as he looked down at his cup. Momo bit her lip and stared oveer at the nearby park equipment with his chipped paint and questionable strength. This wasn't the best, most flourishing neighborhood, but she would rather live here than in the overly large neighborhood her house nearby; this park would have treated her kindly enough as a kid. 

 

When she was younger, she always felt over-priveledge in their wealthy neighborhood and huge house and there was even a playground bigger than this one in her own back yard, She would have much preffered growing up here; it didn't seem like a bad neighborhood at all - there was hardly any crime, really from what she could tell and it seemed to have a lot more character than the new, disgustingly wealthy neighborhood she was living in here.

 

"I don't know if that's my place," Momo said with a hint of sadness in her voice, "I don't know her very well yet and I'd hate to tell her everything that happened and her to think I'm lying or defend him. I don't want to ruin whatever her and I are going to end up being." She looked into Hoseok's intent eyes and chewed her lip thoughtfully, "It scares me how much I already care for her.."

 

"Hey, there's nothing wrong with love at first sight, Mo." Hoseok commented earnestly after he took a swig of his drink.

 

"Love? Who said anything about that?" Momo gawked.

 

"Yes, love!" He exclaimed, standing and grabbing Momo's shoulders across the table and gently shaking them, causing her to spill a little of her NOS on her jeans, but she only laughed. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter