Chapter 1

Love, Hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Momo made her way up the cool, cement steps of JYP High, her new school for the next two years of her life, assuming she won't be forced to move over the Summer like she has almost every year previous to this one.

 

The first thing she did upon stepping inside the horrid, fluorescently lit building was find a bathroom. Luckily, there was one nearby. She went in and stood in front of the mirror with an anxious sigh; this wasn't exactly the best start. 

 

Yes, Momo, rather than try to meet someone interesting, why don't you just hide in the bathroom like the giant loser you are? 

 

She thought to herself in a condescending tone. Her anxiety really clawed at her more reasonable side sometimes.

 

She decided to stop scrutinizing her actions and move on to glower at her appearance instead; she had an alright face, had a long blonde hair but some fairly boyish features. She wasn't one for putting much effort into the sort of thing, other than eyeliner and some mascara, but that was more to bring out her brown eyes than anything. Today she was wearing a light wash skinny jeans that caused her skinny legs to look even thinner paired with a white zip-up hoodie on over a 'Pierce The Veil' t-shirt.

 

 

"Not too shabby," She said in her boy-like, raspy voice to her reflection with a slight smile and a pose. She really wasn't that bad looking, she was more shy than anything.

 

The sound of laughter at the door startled her and she rushed into a stall to sit down on the seat without bothering to pull her jeans down. She glance at her black white converse and bit her lip while she listened to them, hoping her wallet on a chain wouldn't slip out and into the toilet. She saw the feet of the small group of girls stop in front onf the sinks where she had just been and held her breath as she stood a little to retrieve her wallet from her back pocket.

 

"Did you guys watch that old episode of Degrassi last night?" One of the girls giggled as Momo placed her wallet on top of her thigh.

 

"Not yet.. I was at the beach and recorded it. What happen?" Another asked.

"Paige likes a girl!" The first female whispered with a disgusted inflection to her voice.

Momo glared at the bathroom door, waiting for other girls' reaction.

 

"That is so disgusting!" One of the girls who hadn't yet spoken said. Another agreed with her and the second girl gasped and let out a shrill 'EW!' before they all busted into a fit of giggles and left the bathroom.

 

"That's so nasty, you know? I can't stand gay people. They're so gross." The first girl said before Momo heard the door slam shut behind them.

 

Momo stood and slid her wallet back into her back pocket and hesitated before unlocking the stall door. It was just as she'd expected them to respond and how everyone at all of her other schools had chosen to respond as well. No one really is in favor of it, at least not as many as one would think. Momo was much more surprised when people treated her well or the same after finding out than the latter.

 

 

She glanced at her reflection as she walked past and swallowed hard. She was gay, but she wasn't gross.. right? It didn't really matter. Opinions are just that; opinions. She shrugged it off, though it still stung he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter